IGNORED

Anyone cashing in on the stupid spending?

phart010

Money is being spent extravagantly on stupid things right now. In the spirit of speculation, collectibles are at an all time high. Video games, Pokémon cards, sports cards, artwork, you name it.

Now with non-fungible tokens, people are lavishly buying tweets, digital images, digital audio clips, etc. and they are paying millions in $USD for many of these things.

I think too many people are making too much money on crypto and stocks and they don’t know what else to spend it on.

Does anyone here have any stupid yet unique items that they would like to put out there just for the heck of it? Who knows, maybe some crypto millionaire will swoop in and buy it. As crazy as it sounds, your item may have better chances of being recognized and possibly being sold at some exorbitant price, like $50k than it would at like $500.

Edited by phart010

I WAS seriously considering converting some of my fabulous MS paint artwork into NFTs for a laugh, just to see if anyone would be interested in picking up a couple of Opty originals!

Like, comment and subscribe to this webzone if you would like to invest in the hottest OPT-llectables money can buy! My first 600 customers get a free GIF with every 50 thousand dollar purchase!!!

Invest Buy Now GIF

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I WAS seriously considering converting some of my fabulous MS paint artwork into NFTs for a laugh, just to see if anyone would be interested in picking up a couple of Opty originals!

Like, comment and subscribe to this webzone if you would like to invest in the hottest OPT-llectables money can buy! My first 600 customers get a free GIF with every 50 thousand dollar purchase!!!

Invest Buy Now GIF

Do it, you never know what could happen. I probably need to watch a video about how to create an NFT. I was thinking if you sell any physical item, you may have a greater chance of selling it if you create an NFT for it, accept cryptocurrency as payment, and transfer the NFT to the new owner as evidence of the sale

I've been posting more to ebay than I normally usually would and it's going better than it did before the whole lockdowns started last year.  It has waned some, but with the bucks rolling out there soon double time between more free money and refund funds I imagine it could pick up.  I've been making a little side action on top too buying up beat up old 8bit gameboys primarily and doing major rehab/upgrades to sell them and it has worked out fairly well.  Oddly in a dry spell, stuffed 4 up a couple weeks back and didn't move, and I wasn't high, just middle ground. 😕  Given what I have tied up in them, not pleased about it, but they'll go in time.  Also sold a NeoGeo game I wasn't in love with anymore, that turned out pretty nicely given it was a nearly complete kit.

35 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’ve sold a fair few N64 games during the recent months and can confirm the market has changed a lot over the last 6-12 months. Great to make money, not so great to find cheap deals!  😃 😢

Just wait if you want to buy anything. I give the current market boom like 12 more months at best before a correction.

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

Just wait if you want to buy anything. I give the current market boom like 12 more months at best before a correction.

22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I don't disagree at all with what you are saying about covid spiking pricing, what I disagree with is that they will come back down. Luckily I finished my N64 set before 2020 lol

You both can be right. My guess is the poorer condition ones and non-rares will come down in time. The mint/seals will likely plateau or still trend upwards for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GPX said:

You both can be right. My guess is the poorer condition ones and non-rares will come down in time. The mint/seals will likely plateau or still trend upwards for the foreseeable future. 

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see prices come down but it just hasn't happened since I have been collecting. Granted that is only 5-6 years which is peanuts compared to some

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see prices come down but it just hasn't happened since I have been collecting. Granted that is only 5-6 years which is peanuts compared to some

Yeah, I've been collecting since around January-February of 2014, and prices on pretty much everything have only continued going up, up, up, up, up, up, up and away ever since I started, and even when I started people were complaining about prices on stuff getting too high. I'm sure eventually it'll hit a peak and might come down a little bit, but I'm not entirely convinced they're ever going to reach "normal" levels again for at least the foreseeable future.

I remember people saying the prices wouldn't come down until everything was falling off a cliff in 2018. I think the pandemicic has renewed the interest in video games and even brought new people over. But I think this will erode as people have other places to put their disposable income and feel more comfortable doing other things like travel, etc. Maybe not as low as 2018 was although Nes seems soft imo, but a lot lower than the current prices.  I'm looking for a handful of PS1 games and they are listed at double their old prices, but there are next to no sales. That is not going to hold.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1