IGNORED

Anyone cashing in on the stupid spending?

phart010

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Is this real?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Power-Magazine-First-Issue-July-Aug-1988-Volume-1-/203292603529?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

First Nintendo Powers selling for between $2-3k?? 

I have one in a frame that's like new. If this is real, it's hitting the auction block lol 

i would send it to cgc first. 

Edited by cromag27
  • Thanks 1

I've been more eager to sell in the current market. Holding out on a few items that I want to sell as I think prices have a way to go for premium stuff, but overall been very happy with my sales lately. I still plan on keeping the bulk of my collection but have had no trouble letting go of some higher priced items at current value even if they continue to rise.

I don't understand the NFT business but some of those sales are nutty for digital content ownership.

Wow for NP, that's asinine.  Especially if it's #1 given it had a mass printing. I never got why #2 wasn't the most expensive as that's where it started as strictly pay, had the lowest circulation, plus all the whining do gooder mommy trolls bitching about the beheaded dracula on the cover like it was going to corrupt the youth of america.  That one I would figure would be the money maker.

I'm just glad a year about now I got 1+2 and quite a few of the others from the first few years in a relatively cheap bundle.  #1 the cover was wrecked like 90% detached, but as I figured, on was better than off and re-attached it as it's for fun.  I imagine some doofus would probably pay what I got the lot for or more given that.  Funny thing is #2 is in excellent shape. 😄

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow for NP, that's asinine.  Especially if it's #1 given it had a mass printing. I never got why #2 wasn't the most expensive as that's where it started as strictly pay, had the lowest circulation, plus all the whining do gooder mommy trolls bitching about the beheaded dracula on the cover like it was going to corrupt the youth of america.  That one I would figure would be the money maker.

I'm just glad a year about now I got 1+2 and quite a few of the others from the first few years in a relatively cheap bundle.  #1 the cover was wrecked like 90% detached, but as I figured, on was better than off and re-attached it as it's for fun.  I imagine some doofus would probably pay what I got the lot for or more given that.  Funny thing is #2 is in excellent shape. 😄

You could buy all of the early issues reprinted as back issues all the way through 1996 directly from Nintendo Power Magazine! lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I've been more eager to sell in the current market. Holding out on a few items that I want to sell as I think prices have a way to go for premium stuff, but overall been very happy with my sales lately. I still plan on keeping the bulk of my collection but have had no trouble letting go of some higher priced items at current value even if they continue to rise.

I don't understand the NFT business but some of those sales are nutty for digital content ownership.

I am kind of like you and holding off selling on a few of my premium items too prematurely. I can't wait to see where all the games being auctioned off on Heritage right now ended up at. Those sales are going to bring even more people and exposure to the hobby. If the auctions continue to end with unreal prices being realized, I might have to send some of my stuff to Wata, crossover some of my VGA games with them and send them off to Heritage Auctions.  

23 hours ago, Nintendopower4ever said:

You could buy all of the early issues reprinted as back issues all the way through 1996 directly from Nintendo Power Magazine! lol

Well regrets here, but a decade later I had to let go of what I had.  I had most the Fun Clubs other than the first and second, and every issue up through when Future One took over, got insulting in their first issue, and I pitched it in the trash and canceled the sub.  Lugged that couple hundred pound plus pile of awesome with me for a long time.  These days I have probably 80 issues or so, almost all under 100 and a local super cheap buy that got me a good portion of that started it, the second large buy was like $125 which had most the lowest issues off ebay which I got lucky on.  I'm pretty good where I"m at, like to plug a few holes still including #75 which is the Virtual Boy issue.

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well regrets here, but a decade later I had to let go of what I had.  I had most the Fun Clubs other than the first and second, and every issue up through when Future One took over, got insulting in their first issue, and I pitched it in the trash and canceled the sub.  Lugged that couple hundred pound plus pile of awesome with me for a long time.  These days I have probably 80 issues or so, almost all under 100 and a local super cheap buy that got me a good portion of that started it, the second large buy was like $125 which had most the lowest issues off ebay which I got lucky on.  I'm pretty good where I"m at, like to plug a few holes still including #75 which is the Virtual Boy issue.

I think I still have the Nintendo Power calendars I bought from you on Nintendoage in a box somewhere!

1 minute ago, Nintendopower4ever said:

I think I still have the Nintendo Power calendars I bought from you on Nintendoage in a box somewhere!

Damn dude that was you eh?  Nice.  Glad you have them, given what they go for now that would be kind of painful last I looked (pre-virus hell pricing of 2020.)  Those lasted about as long as those magazines did more or less, just didn't want to see them ruined and well they rarely come back into style for use.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Time for some old fashioned Johnson's Eye Bleach.

Definitely see where all those cats went.

johnsonseyebleach.jpg

That's what I needed when someone showed me those hedious ugly naked mole rats 😞   Look, I'm sure they're mostly completely harmless and they're vital to the eco-system/food chain and all that, and I would never want to be bigoted against any race/species/etc...but I'm making an exception for that one!  They are among the ugliest most God-awful creatures I've ever seen!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Estil said:

That's what I needed when someone showed me those hedious ugly naked mole rats 😞   Look, I'm sure they're mostly completely harmless and they're vital to the eco-system/food chain and all that, and I would never want to be bigoted against any race/species/etc...but I'm making an exception for that one!  They are among the ugliest most God-awful creatures I've ever seen!

01.jpg.46e77c21bcc1f9dc9b887e4b3b4316e5.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1