IGNORED

What movie from your childhood did you absolutely love that you cant bear to watch these days?

SilverspoonGaming

the land before time II  to a certain degree.  i can watch it its the cheesy singing i cant stand.  as a kid i like it though.

actually  i cant think of any movies,  but i can think of a series.  the adventures of sonic the hedgehog.  i tried to rewatch that show a few times  i just cant get into it now.  the jokes are dumb and in general the show is just mind numbing to watch. (other than a few episodes)  as a kid i was blinded by the fact it was terrible  i didn't care cause it had sonic in it lol.  the intro still kicks some arse though.

10 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

For me, Grandma's Boy is one of those movies that if I see it on TV, I will always end up watching it.  In fact, I watched it two nights ago. As stupid as that movie is, I just really enjoy it.  It's probably my favorite "stoner/stupid/juvenile" movie ever.  

I really liked that movie when it came out and still think it has funny moments but there are a lot of cringe worthy lines/jokes and acting. It's kinda like super troopers where all the funny shit happens in the first part of the movie and then they realize they need to stretch it into a 1.5 hr movie. 

Sinbad of The Seven Seas w/ Lou Ferrigno.

I thought it was the shizzle-dizzle bees' knees when I was a kid.

Do not have the same feelings for it these days as an adult.

I'd have to be in the rare mood for some stinky cheese to re-watch it.

Edited by galacticlint
apostrophe grammar police

Editorials Team · Posted
On 2/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, Sumez said:

Any time I rewatch any of the classics I'm genuinely surprised how well they hold up.

Actually, especially the much more recent rennaissance period lasting across The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King, all just outrageously good movies altogether.

I've liked a few of their more recent movies, alongside the Pixar output, especially movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Wall-E stand out, but even the best "modern" family cartoons don't come close to that four-movie revival of the Walt Disney feature film brand.

No love for The Rescuers Down Under? 😅

The less-heralded film from an era, to put it mildly

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 11:10 AM, Sumez said:

Any time I rewatch any of the classics I'm genuinely surprised how well they hold up.

Actually, especially the much more recent rennaissance period lasting across The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King, all just outrageously good movies altogether.

I've liked a few of their more recent movies, alongside the Pixar output, especially movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Wall-E stand out, but even the best "modern" family cartoons don't come close to that four-movie revival of the Walt Disney feature film brand.

I like the Disney renaissance stuff too even though I think the Don Bluthe stuff was more meaningful. Gotta admit Moana and Coco are pretty solid imo

Events Team · Posted

I dig most of the stuff mentioned so far or just didn't care for it to begin with.  I'm having a hard time coming up with a movie that no longer holds up.  There are definitely some kids TV shows that were ruined after rewatching as an adult, though.  Thundercats and He-Man are pretty rough.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, Daniel_Doyce said:

Ok... I'll bite. Which one and why?

Crystal skulls...ugh.

There was always some suspension of disbelief in ij movies/TV series, but Crystal skulls just tossed out the formula and went all history channel aliens meme. Almost makes the star wars prequels look like fine art. Almost.

(Although in fairness to the topic, Crystal skulls was never good the first time, so maybe it doesn't qualify)

Edited by chromableedstudios

45 minutes ago, Sumez said:

That's surprising.

I've seen more than a few Don Bluth movies, and they all felt incredibly superficial to me. Which ones do you like?

I like All Dogs go to Heaven, Secret of NIMH, Fivel goes West, and Land Before Time.

I remember hearing somewhere that it was the popularity of these films that pushed Disney into their renaissance.

Its interesting that all of the movies you listed have princes/princesses and none of these do.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Californication said:

I like All Dogs go to Heaven, Secret of NIMH, Fivel goes West, and Land Before Time.

I remember hearing somewhere that it was the popularity of these films that pushed Disney into their renaissance.

Its interesting that all of the movies you listed have princes/princesses and none of these do.

Little Foot is a total princess I dunno what you're talking about.

i dig those chessy 80s n 90s film(s) 

Used to stay up and watched USA up all night . Some were wth and the others were ehhhh . .

Some i can come up with are like ; escape from La , running man , batman the movie ( adam west , but did the cars in it ) , d.a.r.y.l. , some cartoon musical(s) , frogtown ( 1 n 2 ) , etc . . . 

Dont get me wrong but do pop em in occasionally

Edited by Jfreakofkorn
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Hell no!  60s Batman is the single best iteration of the character and Adam West is a national treasure! 

Batman is a billionaire who gives zero fucks and dresses up as a furry and hangs out with a child. Adam West's portrayal is absolutely the most realistic. And that movie is awesome.

If you came across Christian Bale Batman in real life you wouldn't like "Oh my god, I'm terrified", you'd wonder if there was some kind of furry or leather convention in town.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Hell no!  60s Batman is the single best iteration of the character and Adam West is a national treasure! 

Here is the best one:

Here is an Adam West gem:

Although the spaceship seems decidedly less technologically sophisticated than the sixties Batman Batmobile.

• Like 1

I'd still say I like Shrek but I watched it so much that I probably know most of the dialogue by heart despite not having seen it for a decade and it's likely not a very interesting watch at this point. I don't think I quite got to the level of Will Smith from I am Legend but couldn't have been too far until it's all ogre now.

I haven't watched it a ridiculous amount of times but the over-quoting among certain circles of Monty Python and the Holy Grail has definitely dimmed a good bit of the enjoyment out of watching the actual film.