IGNORED

Anyone still have their original CRT TV?

Nes Freak

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

@Gloves TV explosion posturing there...

"You call THAT an explosion kid?! When our old 32 inch blew it took out Fido and half the living room!"

😄

dang dog fart must lit the short in the tv...  good thing rover didn't fart  in the same room or 2 city block would have been uninhabitable after that tv nuke.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

That is so awesome.  Why wouldn’t you keep it?  Otherwise what the heck are we all doing here anyways? 😁

well i havent used it in 20 years  for gaming.  it was used temporary when our tv died in 2012  till the new one came in.  i put a giant magnifying glass in front of it to make it bigger lol.  i guess i kept it cause it still works and doesnt take up much space lol.

1 hour ago, Nes Freak said:

well i havent used it in 20 years  for gaming.  it was used temporary when our tv died in 2012  till the new one came in.  i put a giant magnifying glass in front of it to make it bigger lol.  i guess i kept it cause it still works and doesnt take up much space lol.

Wait you use this stuff for gaming? 😝

1 hour ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

My mom lost her house a couple years ago and the tv I grew up playing NES on went with it.  I wanted to go back for it and other stuff but never had a chance to.  Cool that you still have your tv

sorry that happened.  i guess craigslist you could probably find it again if you look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, acromite53 said:

Thats cool you have your original. I went through a series of upgrades until I settled with my Trinitron. We dropped it on the front steps bringing it into the house but it still works!

ive had 4 tvs.  the one i showed up top was my first.  them my dad brought home a tv he got for free  philips brand 27in  that was my tv for the next 17 years.    then i decided to upgrade to a 32 sony wega trinitron HD tv.  i drove 45 minutes only to have some jack arse take the tv before i could get it off craigslist. (literally driving out of the drive way as i came up)  its a long story but basicly the guy thought the people he gave the tv to was me.  he was sorry  and he had anather tv in the back it wasnt as good but it did the job for about 6 months.  then i found another one  (same model i tried to get before)  and got that and that been my gaming tv from then on.  165lbs tv up the stairs  isnt easy though...

Still have my 19" Toshiba from 1997, from my teenage years. So not necessarily the one from childhood, those are long gone, but I've always kept this CRT for my old games even when I got HDTVs. Ironically it still works as great as it did on the day that I got it, and I've since gone through 3 HDTVs that have broke on their own. They just don't make em like they used to.

PXL_20210215_013854982.jpg

Edited by AstralSoul
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Well I started on some hand me down 13" tv prob from my grandfather, no clue what happened to that.

I do still have a 19" CRT from the mid 00s with game hookups in the front.  I haven't really tried hooking up old school systems to it.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Edited by fox