IGNORED

Did you Get here From Nintendo Age?

MrWunderful

Did you get here from Nintendo age?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get here from Nintendo Age?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Simple Yes or No. Im hoping this will give us a quick glance at the amount of “new” members. I would prefer it to be anonymous if possible. 

To be clear this is meant to be voted on only with no mention/comments on in the actual thread, correct? 

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, I posted this to reddit and cross-posted it a bit.

Feel free to upvote and possibly comment.  I think there's a large lack of functionality in reddit.

Thank you for spreading the word about VGS.  I would suggest maybe revising the language in the last paragraph to show it was started by not just seasoned collectors - but by collectors, gamers, homebrew developers, etc.  I just really want to highlight that we are NOT just about collecting.  And maybe rather than saying no one owns the site, it might be less confusing to say that it is currently managed by a team of dedicated people or something.  I just don't want to cause any confusion or create the wrong idea about the technicalities of who owns this place.

• The topic was pinned
12 hours ago, spacepup said:

Thank you for spreading the word about VGS.  I would suggest maybe revising the language in the last paragraph to show it was started by not just seasoned collectors - but by collectors, gamers, homebrew developers, etc.  I just really want to highlight that we are NOT just about collecting.  And maybe rather than saying no one owns the site, it might be less confusing to say that it is currently managed by a team of dedicated people or something.  I just don't want to cause any confusion or create the wrong idea about the technicalities of who owns this place.

Thank you for that, from a gamer 🙂 NA was very heavy collecting, and one of the reasons I left was because I had sold my collection and wasn't sure I was part of the community anymore. I'm hoping that on VGS we can spread the interest out as evenly as possible between collecting, gaming, and homebrewing.

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ookii_risu said:

Thank you for that, from a gamer 🙂 NA was very heavy collecting, and one of the reasons I left was because I had sold my collection and wasn't sure I was part of the community anymore. I'm hoping that on VGS we can spread the interest out as evenly as possible between collecting, gaming, and homebrewing.

That's the goal! 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, thenickross said:

What’s nintendoage? 

I believe it's an extensive fanfic archive, hosted by some sort of collecting website for some reason.

I read through a few of the stories in the archive, but didn't get very far... Some of the characters seemed a little farfetched, especially this "Andy" character! You mean he goes through all that and walks away unscathed? What a Mary Sue! 😛

Administrator · Posted
7 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

Absolutely!  Of course there will always be a lot of users here who are very into collecting, but we absolutely welcome, encourage, and WANT people here who like to play games, talk about games, develop them, document them, whatever else - even if it has nothing to do with actual collecting.  And that goes for Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Computer, anything really.  Personally, I would love to see more content and discussions about gaming, whether that is someone playing an older game for the first time, or sharing their thoughts on the latest game that just came out for Switch, PS4, PC, whatever.

If you like video games in some fashion, you are DEFINITELY a part of the community! :)

I think the real question is, with NA officially out of the picture, what can we do to spread the word so that people know about us here? Like if a lapsed NA user were to search for NA and find GoCollect instead, but they were looking for the real NA spiritual successor (this), is there anything we can do so that people can find VGS by looking for NA? Probably not. But I think that would be pretty important to growing our userbase.

• Like 1

We want some non-NA members, we need meta tags to show up in Google. With NA gone, Google will soon remove all Nintendoage.com results. The GoCollect forum also does not have any meta tags. Google listings for forums such as this will soon be much less competitive with NA results gone.