IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

Lee Trevinos fighting golf is done. I practiced for a few days leading into new year. Good god the difficulty is through the roof. Youd think the putting greens were designed as jokes. And with the odd betting system, I still had to win the last hole even though I was up 7 strokes going into it. Played US front last year and us back this year. Japan front in 2022. 

I really looked forward to playing this again. Its so difficult it makes for a fun challenge and a lot of laughs if you have a sense of humor while getting your ass kicked. 

20210102_173003.jpg

20210102_172954.jpg

• Like 1

Just played through Rockin' Kats for the first time ever.  Not a bad little platformer.  Kinda easy until the post credits stage.  Haven't done that yet.  I'm going to give it another go a bit later.  Do I need to beat that too for it to count?

Edit:  Beat the post credits stage.

Edited by Red

55 minutes ago, Red said:

Just played through Rockin' Kats for the first time ever.  Not a bad little platformer.  Kinda easy until the post credits stage.  Haven't done that yet.  I'm going to give it another go a bit later.  Do I need to beat that too for it to count?

Nope, that's considered bonus content since it shows up after the ending and credits. Good luck with it. I burned through the main game really quickly, but I couldn't beat that bonus stage.

4 minutes ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Nope, that's considered bonus content since it shows up after the ending and credits. Good luck with it. I burned through the main game really quickly, but I couldn't beat that bonus stage.

Already done.  It took a bunch of tries though.  I kinda wish there were a few more challenging stages.  The main game was a bit too easy and a harder second quest would have worked well.  It didn't seem like I had to take advantage of the main weapon's abilities very much until that stage.  I think there was potential to do more with it.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 151/677
1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I wasn't gonna contribute since I have an immature level of resentment toward the unlicensed games not being included once again.... however... I just no-deathed Astyanax earlier today so I figured I'd head on over to this thread and let y'all know it's done. 🙂

I wouldn't mind seeing the unlicensed stuff myself... perhaps added in as sort of a "bonus round" if we make good time on the 677. But that's just me.