IGNORED

Movie Debate #50: Home Alone

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
  2. 2. January

• Arnold month
    • Spielberg month
    • Tom Cruise month
    • Coreys month

My absolute favorite Christmas movie and in the running for all-time favorite movie. At least top 5. It's one of the most nostalgic movies for me and I love Macaulay Culkin in almost everything he's even been in. Infinitely rewatchable movie. I usually watch it multiple times each Christmas season and this year I only got to watch it once. Just the perfect Christmas movie, overall a fantastic movie. Easiest 10/10 I've given here so far.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

John Candy was paid less money than the Pizza Delivery Guy for this movie. 😛

Also, this is a neat video explaining some of the special effects found in Home Alone.

I'll have to check that out later, love seeing that kinda stuff

5 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Unfortunately, the sequel is worse in almost every way.

3 and onward are crap, but 2 is actually really good - especially all the traps Kevin makes; he really takes the booby traps to another level.  The only real issue with 2 is that he is not really "Home Alone" so the title of the movie is actually a misnomer...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

3 and onward are crap, but 2 is actually really good - especially all the traps Kevin makes; he really takes the booby traps to another level.  The only real issue with 2 is that he is not really "Home Alone" so the title of the movie is actually a misnomer...

For most of my life I actually thought Home Alone 2 was the better movie. However,  this year I sat and watched both of them and the second one just didn't do it for me. The big city allure and more convoluted traps can't carry the movie. I also feel like it just doesn't have any heart and the story is even more preposterous than the first. This leads to some hilarious scenes, but I just don't love it.