IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just came out today. 

My thoughts:

Spoiler

Not as bad as I thought it'd be!  The vocals are awesome and soulful, that combined with the instrumentation, including organ, gives it a gospel vibe, which is a cool take.  My main gripe is the drums aren't up to Ward's power, mainly the kick just sounds flat to me, but overall a refreshing take on a classic.   Might even help introduce more Sabbath fans.

Edited by nesmaster14

Some bangers I've been into last few weeks. Btw the band Tetrarch, nu metal band has a female lead guitarist and she is a badass. Been so hooked to this band. Influence of Linkin Park, Slipknot, and Adema thought I share since I really wished I heard about them years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
47 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Lol. This video clip just makes me want Righteous Gemstones season 3 to hurry up and come out.

I went to some big mega Christian service with a 1000 people today to please my wife.

And all I could think about the entire time was the final scene with the hockey team 😂

• Haha 1

DE44EBAE-D8FC-4FAC-AEB6-6A7AA58B3675.thumb.jpeg.b028a2d495b0c6ae5fa87cc0fc7f95a2.jpeg

Cool line up except Dream Theater.  How are they still headlining?  Most of the tickets are stupid expensive.  Thanks a lot DT.  Who is paying $100 a ticket to see fucking James “Hitler Mustache” Labrie?  Dude couldn’t even sing when he was young and could still sing.  Dream Theater fans are the worst.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The local rock station just played Sleep Token's The Summoning.  That's a first.

Didn’t realize they’d announced a tour this fall, checked randomly and only resale tickets available for the Detroit show.  I seem to be struggling with that a lot this summer.  

Considering getting tickets to see Pat Metheny in a park on Father’s Day weekend.  Apparently, I can pre-purchase a $15 Turkey sandwich when I buy my ticket….

On 4/13/2023 at 10:24 AM, Hammerfestus said:

DE44EBAE-D8FC-4FAC-AEB6-6A7AA58B3675.thumb.jpeg.b028a2d495b0c6ae5fa87cc0fc7f95a2.jpeg

Cool line up except Dream Theater.  How are they still headlining?  Most of the tickets are stupid expensive.  Thanks a lot DT.  Who is paying $100 a ticket to see fucking James “Hitler Mustache” Labrie?  Dude couldn’t even sing when he was young and could still sing.  Dream Theater fans are the worst.  

Is there a band more polarizing in metal than dream theater?

• 2 weeks later...