IGNORED

The Metalhead Thread

Hammerfestus

Editorials Team · Posted

Alright, I had the brilliant idea to come up with a list of my 100 favorite metal songs, rolled out one per day, and in their own thread so this one isn't completely hijacked.

How self-indulgent, right?

We'll see if more than 2-3 people care, but I like the thought of doing it, so screw it.

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Alright, I had the brilliant idea to come up with a list of my 100 favorite metal songs, rolled out one per day, and in their own thread so this one isn't completely hijacked.

We'll see if more than 2-3 people care, but I like the thought of doing it, so screw it.

That would be a difficult task to rank top 100. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

That would be a difficult task to rank top 100. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

It's gonna be an eclectic mix. Like, how do I compare a technical death metal song, with a post hardcore song, with Iron Maiden?

Should be fun though.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You show me yours I'll show you mine!😘

27 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's gonna be an electric mix. Like, how do I compare a technical death metal song, with a post hardcore song, with Iron Maiden?

Should be fun though.

This mostly going to be random order beyond like top 30?  Don’t know that I could put 100 top songs in order.  

Editorials Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

This mostly going to be random order beyond like top 30?  Don’t know that I could put 100 top songs in order.  

I'm gonna do my best to be fully ordered.

I'm also forcing myself to one song per band, otherwise Jester Race would be half the top 25

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm gonna do my best to be fully ordered.

I'm also forcing myself to one song per band, otherwise Jester Race would be half the top 25

Thinking about this, I can’t say which of Jester Race, Whoracle, or Colony is their best album.  Traditionally my answer was Whoracle but looking at the track listings on them all I’m not sure that’s right.