IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

18 hours ago, Bonanza125 said:

@LaC I would report that to Ebay. The buyer is going around both you as the seller and Ebay. In 2023 buyers will no longer be able to do that.

It was the first thing I did when he threatened to open a paypal case.  They said I have to submit my evidence to paypal.   Here I was thinking managed payments was going to be managed by ebay... 😐

They are being managed by them, problem is they still allow people to pay using paypal.  He could have just as easily defrauded you using a credit card or some other means.

What gets me is PP is buying into this crap as the lies are obvious ones.  Ebay as far as they're concerned as I got worried about this some years ago when I caught on to courier services too.  I called and asked about it, they said that ebay policy is that GSP or not, if someone decides to use a courier company for you to mail to all stealthy, to then have them forward it on to that persons real country destination, your obligation ends with the courier receiving it.  Ebay sees the courier signing off/postal worker marking as delivered as you fulfilling your obligation, so if the courier loses or damages it, etc it's on them because THEY were the actual buyer who moved it the rest of the way.  Clearly this bidder knew it, so they found another end around to screw a buyer.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:52 PM, Tanooki said:

They are being managed by them, problem is they still allow people to pay using paypal.  He could have just as easily defrauded you using a credit card or some other means.

What gets me is PP is buying into this crap as the lies are obvious ones.  Ebay as far as they're concerned as I got worried about this some years ago when I caught on to courier services too.  I called and asked about it, they said that ebay policy is that GSP or not, if someone decides to use a courier company for you to mail to all stealthy, to then have them forward it on to that persons real country destination, your obligation ends with the courier receiving it.  Ebay sees the courier signing off/postal worker marking as delivered as you fulfilling your obligation, so if the courier loses or damages it, etc it's on them because THEY were the actual buyer who moved it the rest of the way.  Clearly this bidder knew it, so they found another end around to screw a buyer.

Yeah I had a long talk with eBay on the phone on Friday and they said we have to wait for the paypal case to be decided.  Well Paypal decided in favor of the buyer today.  Couldn't believe it.  Even though it is clear he used a reshipper.  EBay told me I'd be able to appeal the case after it was decided, but I don't see a button to do that.   I'll be calling up eBay tonight, obviously.

Here is the only photo evidence he provided (besides the crushed games).

What you are looking at is a sturdy box that is in a large poly mailer.  He claimed this a padded envelope, and his only pic since he threw out all the packing materials.  😆  And from this lone pic it kind of looks like one.  

59863nK.png

So this is all you have to do now to scam someone when you are international...

Claim something is damaged, contact paypal directly, and supply bullshit photo with a story about picking it up in person from the reshipper.  

I miss the old Hall of Shame thread.

• Sad 1

@LaC I said it in another post, we need a vomit smily for 'sick' as in sick behavior, this make me sick, etc.  As this is grade A bs.  I can't see how any PP rep could see that as a legitimate loss from that image and description, and even if they could, picking something up in person which is not possible under those circumstances is ridiculous.

All you can do is show that to ebay, they'll dispute it with PP and refund you because you did what their terms of service require, and now due to this clown, they're in breech because you got your item and cash stolen basically while doing things 100% on the level sending it to the reshipper.  That's where your commitment ended entirely and it was fulfilled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

@LaC, don't despair, there are places online where you can still anonymously and discretely mail your loved ones packages of the finest glitter and animal feces, so while you might end up ultimately on the losing side of these shenanigans, you might still be able to win one for the team.

Ha that's a little too low brow for me.  I will not stoop so low so I can maintain my moral superiority. 😊 Besides his wife or kids could open the package and I don't have any ill will towards them.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@LaC I said it in another post, we need a vomit smily for 'sick' as in sick behavior, this make me sick, etc.  As this is grade A bs.  I can't see how any PP rep could see that as a legitimate loss from that image and description, and even if they could, picking something up in person which is not possible under those circumstances is ridiculous.

All you can do is show that to ebay, they'll dispute it with PP and refund you because you did what their terms of service require, and now due to this clown, they're in breech because you got your item and cash stolen basically while doing things 100% on the level sending it to the reshipper.  That's where your commitment ended entirely and it was fulfilled.

Talked to eBay rep tonight.  They refused to help me.  I had to shell out the $250 to the buyer.  Ebay had an extra $20 charge for the dispute which they kindly waved.

After some research Paypal apparently does cover not-as-described disputes for someone who used a reshipper.  This is why they went straight to Paypal and did not go through eBay.

I really was not going to post this because I hate seeing people say eBay is a horrible place to sell.  Because really, it isn't.  This is the first time I have had a case decided against me because I am very careful to follow the rules.   But yeah it hurts a bit when it does.

I will try to call ebay again tomorrow to explain to someone with a better command of the English language.  If eBay wants to let this shit continue, fine, but they can cover the refunds. 😉

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, LaC said:

Ha that's a little too low brow for me.  I will not stoop so low so I can maintain my moral superiority. 😊 Besides his wife or kids could open the package and I don't have any ill will towards them.

Hey, I get it, I'm just saying that it'd be a terrible thing to happen, should you get the package back from him straight from the EU and have to post pictures showing everybody how much worse a job he did than the reshipper at packing.  I mean, who would send such a thing to an address they randomly found in a picture in this thread.  I would be SHOCKED.  SHOCKED I tell you!  😎🤪

1 minute ago, LaC said:

I will try to call ebay again tomorrow to explain to someone with a better command of the English language.  If eBay wants to let this shit continue, fine, but they can cover the refunds. 😉

Should they continue to refuse to help you, make sure to get a physical mailing address to share with everybody.  To ABSOLUTELY make sure people can send their formal complaints to, when these sort of things happen.  ...yeah, absolutely.  😇

I won a Zany Golf CIB for Sega Genesis last night. After that, I noticed the shipping said "flat rate envelope". Zany Golf is one of those EA games that came in a cardboard box. So I messaged the seller and asked if they could please ship in a box, to ensure the game box doesn't get damaged. He said he would do that for me.

So we will see......

On 8/30/2021 at 10:28 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Should they continue to refuse to help you, make sure to get a physical mailing address to share with everybody.  To ABSOLUTELY make sure people can send their formal complaints to, when these sort of things happen.  ...yeah, absolutely.  😇

So I didn't let this go.  I called up eBay and Paypal several times.  They kept telling me it was the other one's fault.

EBay said the couldn't open an appeal since it was Paypal who made the final decision. That makes no sense, of course.  EBay then gave me the Paypal case # so I could talk to Paypal about it.  Paypal said they can appeal but there was nothing they could do since eBay was the merchant (I use managed payments) and eBay would need to file the appeal.   Of course eBay keeps claiming they can't and Paypal says the opposite. 😒 

Very long story short I eventually put eBay on a 3-way conference call with Paypal so they could deal with this themselves.  Well once that happened Paypal changed their tune and said there is no way to open the appeal.  WTH?  The Paypal rep said he will give me a $100 voucher for my trouble, but can't send me the full $250.   

I just didn't want the buyer to get away with his scam, but at that point I ended the call because I got the damaged items back from the buyer and I can recoup my money I think with the addition $100 voucher.

What a broken system and a fabulous loophole.  

Here is the scammer's eBay if you want to block them.  

https://www.ebay.com/usr/crishman

Cristhian Welter.

This is the reshipper address in case you want to be on the watch for these types of addresses:

472 Amherst Street
Suite 7399603
Nashua NH 03063-1204

• Sad 1

I had several packages coming yesterday - by 8:00 pm they hadn't showed so I went to bed (I generally read for a bit and then go to sleep - I generally wake up between 3 and 4 am).  

I got up at 11:30 to get a drink of water and checked my chromebook - the mail had been delivered at 9:12 pm so I put on my pajamas  and went out and retrieved it. (Kudos to the mail person for sticking it out - the post office has too big of routes since this happens at least once every two weeks.  Or maybe not enough back up people)  Anyway one of the packages was from Mexico and required a signature so that one went back to the Post Office - i got a notification to take in.

My post office is supposed to be open at 8:30 so I decided to be proactive and get there right at that time.  I was third in line and they didn't raise the large gate that covers the service stations.  A few minutes before 9 we could hear an announcement for employees not to sign in before 9. Finally a couple minutes after 9 they raised the gate. The employee that was there (normally there are at least 3) explained that all of the people who were supposed to open called in sick - I am guessing they were the more senior people and all wanted a 4 day weekend with the holiday on Monday.   Apparently there was no back up plan for this eventuality other to ensure that none of the people who were arriving signed in early.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:04 PM, austin532 said:

Anyone else not receiving ebay messages? I've messaged several people a few days ago and I haven't heard back from them. I usually hear back from at least one person by now.

I have been in touch with a couple of sellers (one several times) and been able to send/receive messages with no trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, and same goes for allowing someone after it's over to get the seller to cancel and sell to them before shipping happens.  Mercari doesn't care as long as they get paid, and perhaps, sometimes even if they don't considering they seem to ignore backdoor deals which I really doubt are being paid through their means of a cut.

I'll try to make this short(er than usual).

On August 19, I bought two SDCC Zarana (G.I. Joe) card proofs. It never came, the seller never contacted me, and I had to contact PayPal because eBay has a literal time limit with all 'guest' purchases. The seller later emails me (via eBay) with an apology, a claim they had an issue contacting me, and also claiming they gave me a refund.

Here is the catcher: Every response I got from them was mostly a "We issued a refund" response, even though I had proof that one never went through. They also claimed that eBay closed the case, and not PayPal.

Here is another catcher: I used their site's "contact us" option in my first attempt to resolve the issue. I also used both email addresses they offered, and their eBay email. They responded with their eBay email.

So yeah, despite their high number of positive reviews they refuse to resolve this type of issue (with me or PayPal).

ebay is the most buggy POS site I can recall! Just as an example, someone asked me a question on my listing today

Screenshot-from-2021-09-19-19-38-24.png

When I went to answer it

Screenshot-from-2021-09-19-19-38-28.png

I'm honestly still baffled as to why amazon or some other large company has not built an auction site. Say what you will about Heritage Auctions (I know, there's a LOT to say) but they at least have a decent site unlike the crap that is ebay!

• Agree 1

How much more are you guys willing to pay for condition? A guy has a game I'm looking for for about $50 more than the current "rate" (subjective of course). Granted, the game is scarce, but it's not necessarily highly sought after. I sent an offer for the going rate and was countered because "you wont find one in this condition". 

It's still sitting there of course. Would you guys really pay $50 more for a "good" condition CIB game? The photos don't make i t look outstanding or anything. If you're gonna sell based on condition wouldn't you have more photos of the game?

Idk I just can't bring myself to do it.

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

How much more are you guys willing to pay for condition? A guy has a game I'm looking for for about $50 more than the current "rate" (subjective of course). Granted, the game is scarce, but it's not necessarily highly sought after. I sent an offer for the going rate and was countered because "you wont find one in this condition". 

It's still sitting there of course. Would you guys really pay $50 more for a "good" condition CIB game? The photos don't make i t look outstanding or anything. If you're gonna sell based on condition wouldn't you have more photos of the game?

Idk I just can't bring myself to do it.

What's the current going rate?   If it's a $500 game typically and he wants a $50 premium because it's super minty, then I'd do it.

But if it's a $20 CIB normally, no way.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

vgpc: $60
GVN: $76

eBay ask: $129.99

In general, I would argue that condition is huge, but if a CIB in good condition usually sells for say $70, and the seller is asking $130 that seems too much if it's just a hair better condition. BUT, it really depends on how rare the game is in said condition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

In general, I would argue that condition is huge, but if a CIB in good condition usually sells for say $70, and the seller is asking $130 that seems too much if it's just a hair better condition. BUT, it really depends on how rare the game is in said condition.

It's uncommon for sure but it's not necessarily sought after. I'm only going after it for a fullset. It's certainly not a game mentioned in any "rare & desirable games" list or anything. 

sigh.