IGNORED

New Smash character reveal tomorrow, Oct1

phart010

I know that we late-30/early-40 year olds are disappointed with something like this and find it rather dumb, but life gets a little easier when you remember that Nintendo games are marketed toward children. So, yeah.  We're never going to get Captain N.  Sure, it'd be enough to get someone like me to finally by a Smash Bros game, but they won't do that. They don't make games geared primarily towards the middle-aged.  This stuff is for kids. 😕

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RH said:

I know that we late-30/early-40 year olds are disappointed with something like this and find it rather dumb, but life gets a little easier when you remember that Nintendo games are marketed toward children. So, yeah.  We're never going to get Captain N.  Sure, it'd be enough to get someone like me to finally by a Smash Bros game, but they won't do that. They don't make games geared primarily towards the middle-aged.  This stuff is for kids. 😕

Isn’t Captain N specific to North American audiences?

Events Team · Posted
5 hours ago, fox said:

Lol Steve

freakin’ zoomers

Hey, I'm Gen Z and I thought the notion of adding Steve in to Smash seemed pretty dumb to me, I just treated it as a joke. I did a legitimate double take when I woke up today scrolling through my feed and saw who the new character was, I couldn't believe my eyes 😆

8 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Isn’t Captain N specific to North American audiences?

I don't know.  I mean, I think DIC Media made it, which was a US company, but that doesn't mean it wasn't ever localized for other regions, including Japan.  But I don't know.  One can always help.  We received Japanese characters in the OG Smash, so why couldn't they get one of our "beloved" characters from our childhood?

Events Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

Hahaha, that is hilarious. Have any other reveals thus far caused that sort of a thing to happen? Not to my knowledge.

It makes a lot of sense honestly, I just kind of rolled my eyes when I saw the reveal though. Seems more like a meme at this point but I actually don’t think it’s a bad pick at all if we’re going for full “video game crossover” instead of just “Nintendo crossover.”

On another note, did anyone else feel like Sakurai was a little irritated about it? The way he described how it came to be was essentially

Nintendo: “Can you make this happen?”

Sakurai: “Sounds cool but I don’t think I could do it justice.”

Nintendo: “Do it anyway, you nerd.”

His body language seemed annoyed the entire time he was explaining this.

was hoping one of the DLC fighters would be Bomberman. Sad we're not getting that, but a full range of Bomberman costumes for Mii fighters is not bad as a secondary bonus.

don't really care about the Minecraft guy, but i also know i'm not the intended audience so i'm not bothered by it either.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, ChickenTendas said:

edit: If ender pearls aren't implemented into Steve's moveset in some way then that's a missed opportunity 😆

Wouldn't it be more likely that Ender Pearls will factor into Enderman's moveset?  (Edit: Did I misread that Zombie and Enderman will be DLC also?)

I'm still waiting to see Rayman (and friends).  He got my vote when Nintendo was taking suggestions, but at the time Ubisoft and Nintendo were not on good terms with the Wii U so it never happened.  His inclusion seems like a no-brainer.

Edited by glazball

Ah of course about the skins.  I only glanced at the news when revealed.

Rayman already has a wind-up smash move and would fit in beautifully, imo.  Much more so than other characters like Bayonetta that seem shoehorned in.  I mean, the more the merrier -  no complaints there - but don’t skip the obvious!  I hope N and Ubisoft work something out down the line.  It'll be a wild day when we see a Sony character (never rule anything out) but Snake pretty much counts in my mind.  Snake is heavily “PlayStation” to me even though like many of us I started with NES MG.