IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board 2020 - Final Season

Deadeye

Homebrew Team · Posted

Top 6 players from the regular season face off in the Final Season to crown the Homebrew Leader Board Champion 2020.

Players in competition:

1. @bertsampson
  2. @Red
  3. @JamesRobot
  4. @ecmyers
  5. @Deadeye
  6. @driveshaft

Follow along as these contenders battle it out through epic games, highest scores, and fastest times.  Viewers can play along and post scores as well, but only the above players are in contest for the final season. 

Unlike the Regular Season, the Final Season will be played elimination style.  For the first three rounds, two games will be played simultaneously.  One game will offer the chance to save yourself from elimination during it's round.  This is optional and risky, but offers one player a great reward, they will automatically move to the following round.  The second game will be played for high score / best time.  The lowest score /  lowest time will be eliminated and will not move to the following round.  Best score / time for this second game offers an advantage in the Final Round, noted in the schedule below.  For the Final Round, the remaining three players will battle for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the competition.

The rules and schedule below is subject to change before each round start.  Check back before you begin each round.

Final Season Mega Pack ROM Download attached to this post.  Physical cart use for the games that were released on cart is okay.

Schedule

Round 1 (October 3 - October 16) -  Remaining 6 players compete in:
1162492267_TheMadWizard-ACandelabraChronicle3.png.3dbba2369b608b522729f798ddbe2b01.png  scramble-256.png.10579f492ed1b4d04773d0c5a18c3727.png
First player to beat The Mad Wizard is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their high scores in Scramble.  Lowest score is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Highest score in Scramble, gets a 2-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Scramble Rules: One player mode

Round 2 (October 17 - October 30) -  Remaining 5 players compete in:
362230737_bbl.png.ae660ea2274b5de55ae4bbb0fb8b80d5.png  4.png.553c2be6399df633c27e30830c5d7c1e.png
First player to beat Böbl, and collect all (8) ducks, is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their high scores in F-FF.  Slowest time in Spicy Mode is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Fastest time in F-FF, gets a 2-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Böbl Rules: Finish game will all (8) ducks
  • F-FF Rules: Spicy Mode

Round 3 (October 31 - November 13) -  Remaining 4 players compete in:
6.png.acebe3638f5e658a674294fcf30989df.png  streemerz5-256.png.270bfa157baae0bd391d977a77334d0a.png
First player to beat Gruniozerca 2, and collect all carrots, is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their times in Streemerz, time attack mode.  Slowest time is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Fastest time in Streemerz, gets a 3-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Gruniozera 2 Rules: Must get all carrots
  • Streemerz Rules: Time Attack mode

Final Round (November 14 - November 27)-  Remaining 3 players compete in:
nnnnnn-256.png.ca812652ee900662dc6e87f7956eba81.png
Best time in NNNNNN will be crown Homebrew Champion!  Any boost bonuses a player achieved above, will be applied to their final time. 

General Rules:

Each round will start at the above stated date, 12:00 am VGS Time (EST) and will close 11:59PM VGS Time (EST) at the above stated date.  Play during these times.  You may practice before hand, but a new file must be started for the round.  Old saves or scores do not count.  You must start new files.

1. One player game modes only.

2. NTSC only, no PAL.  This will create a level playing field and not create differences based on timing.

3. OEM, FPGA, and clone consoles are OKAY.

4. Emulators are OKAY.  Play game at 100% speed.

5. No save states allowed.

6. Physical carts, when available, are okay.

7. Flashcarts (i.e. Everdrive / Power Pak) are OKAY.

8. No turbo or slow motion controllers are allowed.

9. No game genie codes.

10. Do not use glitches in the game to boost your score.

How to submit your score:

1. Scores shall be submitted by posting a picture In this thread.  Screenshots of a computer screen (print screen) are not acceptable.

2. The picture must include the entire screen and have your VGS user name within the picture on a piece of paper.   Username can not be added digitally to the picture.

3. Type out your score in bold on your thread post.

4. Scores must be submitted within the posted time frame.

5. Do not submit scores from previous runs.

6. Use one post for your score.  You can submit as many as you like by editing your original post.  You can bump the thread to announce your new score and general discussion / friendly banter is okay.

HBLBC 2020 Final Season ROM PACK.rar

Edited by Deadeye
Add links to rounds
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
FINAL SEASON LEADER BOARD
PLAYER NAME THE MAD WIZARD
(FIRST TO FINISH)
SCRAMBLE
(SCORE)
BöBL
(FIRST TO FINISH)
F-FF
(TIME)
GRUNIOZERCA 2
(FIRST TO FINISH)
STREEMERZ
(TIME)
NNNNNN
(TIME)
RED   209,450   1.39.46   5:27:58 1:17:02 +5
BERTSAMPSON CLAIMED 210,350 CLAIMED 1.43.01 CLAIMED - 0:46:05 +2
DEADEYE   85,400   1.40.06   10:42:02 0:19:10
ECMEYERS   143,980   1.44.33   10:58:52  
JAMESROBOT   159,550   1.44.34      
DRIVESHAFT   33,300          

• The topic was pinned
32 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Not tired, busy.  Mediocre will be plenty to contest with you.

I'm counting on you to keep thinking that. I guess that's your excuse for me beating you last time? As much as you've won, you still never beat me and I'm sure that keeps you awake at night while I can rest easy knowing that I can do it again.

6 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

About a week left until starting this.  I have been tossing around the idea of adding the condition of no death run for The Mad Wizard.  I can go either way on it.   Any feedback?

😮 I still haven't played through the game normally but I'm probably going to start next week.

Homebrew Team · Posted

Got about 9 hours until this kicks off.  Didn't get any feedback about adding a no death run requirement for the Mad Wizard, so it will stand without that added.  Good luck!

Starting at 12:00 AM EST / VGS Time

Round 1 (October 3 - October 16) -  Remaining 6 players compete in:

Beat the Mad Wizard (Optional, but offers immunity)
1162492267_TheMadWizard-ACandelabraChronicle3.png.3dbba2369b608b522729f798ddbe2b01.png 

We are returning to the land or Prim, but instead of flying over it, playing The Rise of Amondus, we will be navigating its landscape in The Mad Wizard.  A metroidvania adventure staring Hekl (who you may remember from Candelabra Estoscerro) by @Rob Bryant of Slydog Studios

First player to beat a play through of The Mad Wizard and post a image of the ending screen in this thread will have immunity from elimination this round.

High Score in Scramble

1128477831_Annotation2020-06-242248593.png.c810f7c8aba3eb7f83e9f5b017aaa59a.png.2f557890ffc897c4d2a711814fb06193.png

Shoot your way through this horizontal shoot 'em up, by @KHAN Games of KHAN Games,  to a high score.  Make sure to collect fuel along the way to keep on flying.  How do you collect fuel?  Well you shoot it. 

Player with the lowest score, that is not safe from elimination (see above), will be eliminated from the Final Season. 

Player with the highest score will get a 2-second time boost to their time during the Final Round.

TL;DR

First player to beat The Mad Wizard is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their high scores in Scramble.  Lowest score is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Highest score in Scramble, gets a 2-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Scramble Rules: One player mode
  • Like 2