IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board 2020 - Final Season

Deadeye

Homebrew Team · Posted

Standings have been updated here.  I reviewed all your lap times on the submitted times to make sure that did not impact your standings for F-FF.  It only made a difference for 1st and 2nd place, between Red and I.  Red had the better lap times, so top spot for the round goes to @Red , with the prize time boost for the final round as well.

Unfortunately there has to be a player eliminated 😞@JamesRobot a true homebrew competitor, sorry to see you go.

See my post earlier for the next round, which is the final elimination round before going to top three. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 7:57 AM, JamesRobot said:

Damn!  Can't believe I was edged out by a hundredth of a second by @ecmyers.  Good game everyone. 

Yeah, I can't believe it either! It was a literally last-minute score (and the only one where I was able to abuse turbo without flying off the track and exploding), and I was so anxious I wouldn't get it posted in time. Then I figured I wasn't going to place anyway. What a game! What a contest. Great job, all.

• Like 3

Just finished Gruniozerca 2 with all carrots, but not sure when I was supposed to take the picture.  Game goes to a cut scene, then back to main menu.

EDIT: I used the password to try the final level again to see if the cut scene was different.  It is, so here is the final cut scene with all carrots.

1195734430_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-1.jpg.da5275eb4a6ea7d85e8fca08e2f0cf46.jpg1663445777_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-2.jpg.04b1c04f42ddc463fc60cc73092e6177.jpg1491029686_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-3.jpg.9208c40006229a3f4c7e5714613ca68d.jpg1131942145_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-4.jpg.4416e0014d051beafa54afaf9865b3c8.jpg1004017827_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-5.jpg.6fd4eec14108fad237e4ab6a6af386b8.jpg1980970425_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-6.jpg.6540f41458ade7e5bcceff56cd477e56.jpg1575037598_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-7.jpg.5ad24a7815ae9f0888ede9be7bddf2cb.jpg422002798_HBT03-1-Gruniozerca2-8.jpg.b3c83854da05f3c3b549e63f721a785e.jpg

Edited by bertsampson
  • Like 2

GG! I started working on the game too but had practically zero time this weekend and figured you would beat us to it. 🙂The fact that the game doesn't save carrots with your stage passwords was a little intimidating and some of these levels are real puzzlers. It's so good though, so I'll at least finish it if I can.

2 hours ago, ecmyers said:

GG! I started working on the game too but had practically zero time this weekend and figured you would beat us to it. 🙂The fact that the game doesn't save carrots with your stage passwords was a little intimidating and some of these levels are real puzzlers. It's so good though, so I'll at least finish it if I can.

Hey thanks.  I had no time this weekend to finish going through the levels, but once I got back to it, there was only one level I got stuck on for a minute.  Really good puzzle game.  I'd like to get a physical copy.  Is there a Gruniozerca 1?  I haven't looked it up, but I'd like to try that as well.

Good luck on finishing the game.  Some tricky puzzles indeed.

Homebrew Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Hey thanks.  I had no time this weekend to finish going through the levels, but once I got back to it, there was only one level I got stuck on for a minute.  Really good puzzle game.  I'd like to get a physical copy.  Is there a Gruniozerca 1?  I haven't looked it up, but I'd like to try that as well.

Good luck on finishing the game.  Some tricky puzzles indeed.

There is a Gruniozerca 1, here is a link.  For physical copies of #2, only 4 carts were made for a charity auction.  However the games will be on Action 53 vol. 4, which should be for sale soon through Infinite NES Lives.

17 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

There is a Gruniozerca 1, here is a link.  For physical copies of #2, only 4 carts were made for a charity auction.  However the games will be on Action 53 vol. 4, which should be for sale soon through Infinite NES Lives.

Ok, thanks.  I've been watching for Action 53 vol. 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Homebrew Team · Posted

@Red deathless run!  Congratulations!  You get the bonus as well for best time.

@ecmyers that was super close. Our difference was down to less than 20 seconds. That was my last attempt finishing with 3 minutes left to the deadline, I almost didn't play it either.

Well done, @Deadeye! I had a solid final run going just before the deadline, but then I choked and lost a lot of time making stupid mistakes where I never had before. It might have come down to a hundredth of a second otherwise 😛

It's been a blast playing with all of you! I look forward to seeing you duke it out in the final challenge. From my limited time playing that game, getting knocked out in this round may be a mixed blessing...

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted

Announcing the final round!

The last three competitors are facing off in:
NNNNNN
nnnnnn-256.png.ca812652ee900662dc6e87f7956eba81.png
A fast paced gravity dace to avoid objects and survive as long as possible.  This homebrew was developed by @gauauu (Bite The Chili Productions) and was entered into the NESdev 2019 Compo.

Best time in NNNNNN will be crowned Homebrew Champion!  Accrued bonus boosts will be applied to final times as noted below. 

@Red +5 seconds
@bertsampson +2 seconds
@Deadeye +0 seconds

Rules:
Play period (November 14 (12:00 VGS / EST) - November 27 (11:59 VGS/EST)
-1 player mode
- General competition rules, see OP

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned