IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board 2020 - Final Season

Deadeye

Final score update, as I won't have time to play this after tonight. I really like this game and it's been fun "mastering" it! I know I could probably do at least three no death runs and improve my score if I stuck with it, but that fourth loop gets challenging with the fuel demands.  

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

Starting at 12:00 AM EST / VGS Time  (DO NOT START PLAYING UNTIL THEN!)

Round 2 (October 17 - October 30) -  Remaining 5 players compete in:

Beat Böbl, and collect the 8 ducks (Optional, but offers immunity)

362230737_bbl.png.ae660ea2274b5de55ae4bbb0fb8b80d5.png 

The bobble floating platformer?   That's right, dive and rubber duck bounce your way through this maze of pools and tunnels to collect the 8 ducks to get to the end.  Watch out though, you are a bubble, you have to avoid being popped. 

This unique game was made by Morphcat Games, makers of Super Bat Puncher, Banana Nana, and Micro Mages, and submitted to the 2019 NESdev compo claiming 1st place.

First player to beat a play through of Böbl, collecting the 8 ducks, and post a image of the ending screen in this thread will have immunity from elimination this round.

Fastest Time in F-FF, Spicy Mode

4.png.553c2be6399df633c27e30830c5d7c1e.png

Race your way through this fast paced space themed racer by Pubby, maker of Star Evil and We Are Hejickle, submitted to the 2017 NESdev compo.  I like to imagine it as a precursor to F-Zero, but on the NES.  We are not going to make it easy though.  Race on Spicy Mode, with tight turns and ramps that send you flying.  Veer off the track for too long and boom. 

Player with the slowest time, that is not safe from elimination (see above), will be eliminated from the Final Season. 

Player with the fastest time will get a 2-second time boost to their time during the Final Round.

TL;DR

First player to beat Böbl, with collecting the 8 ducks, is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their times in F-FF, Spicy Mode.  Slowest time is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Fastest time in F-FF, gets a 2-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Böbl Rules: Collect the 8 ducks and complete the game
  • F-FF Rules: Spicy Mode

21 hours ago, ecmyers said:

Final score update, as I won't have time to play this after tonight. I really like this game and it's been fun "mastering" it! I know I could probably do at least three no death runs and improve my score if I stuck with it, but that fourth loop gets challenging with the fuel demands.  

Yeah, it doesn't seem possible to beat the fourth loop without losing a couple lives.  Even if you hit every fuel tank, it won't be enough.  The fifth loop is even worse.  There's not even enough fuel to get you to the end of the first section.