IGNORED

CONTEST: Can YOU design the new VGS logo?!

Br81zad

59 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah even I am making an entry and don't worry nobody is gonna like it.

image.png.71af82384f434960173411dda4197206.png

I am not an artist.

That's just a self portrait of you in your bath robe. You aren't fooling anybody. 

Edit: And you didn't even use purple! 

Edited by Br81zad
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, empire said:

Did you get permission from CasualCart to use that? Seeing as this is a contest with a prize, the content should be a design that you drew.

I did not get permission, and I did not realize it's a contest with a prize!!!

I withdraw my submission from the contest and will submit a new one. Sorry @CasualCart

Graphics Team · Posted

@ThePhleo No worries, man. I am pretty protective of my copyright, but I'm open to collaborating if you reach out to me first. That being said, your design was really slick - I love the black box style you had going, and I think you should still submit that as a template to go with whatever sort of mascot or icon gets chosen (and if you want to use my design as a placeholder for now, I'm cool with that).

-CasualCart

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

@ThePhleo No worries, man. I am pretty protective of my copyright, but I'm open to collaborating if you reach out to me first. That being said, your design was really slick - I love the black box style you had going, and I think you should still submit that as a template to go with whatever sort of mascot or icon gets chosen (and if you want to use my design as a placeholder for now, I'm cool with that).

-CasualCart

Again, sorry. Here is my resubmission with your mascot only as a template / placeholder along with a random pixel type logo as well.

VGS Concept 1.jpg

VGS Concept 2.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, CasualCart said:

@Br81zad I like the purple and teal - looks nice! I've been having fun with my Sage design, so I made a run-cycle to go along with it. Can anyone confirm if the GIF is playing on your browsers?

-CasualCart

VGS Sage Run Cycle.gif

That's totally awesome, but, man... sages don't run, they walk, and at their own pace 😁

On 10/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, CasualCart said:

@Br81zad I like the purple and teal - looks nice! I've been having fun with my Sage design, so I made a run-cycle to go along with it. Can anyone confirm if the GIF is playing on your browsers?

-CasualCart

VGS Sage Run Cycle.gif

It looks great and I'm using mobile. I think the eyes look better with the new color scheme as well. Great job!

59 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

This is so sick - I love the spinning graphic! What software do you use for pixel art?

-CasualCart

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Each pixel is individually placed in each layer in Illustrator, and then I export it to Photoshop and make each layer a frame. I'm sure it's the most convoluted way to work with animation nowadays, but I do what I can with what I have. 

Looking at it now, I'm not sure how successful it is. My intention was to convey the cross section of the community in the morphing "sage" with the vast array of knowledge the community has across multiple generations of video games (carts to CDs to digital download). If I'm being critically honest, this looks more like a proof of concept than a final submission. I might go back to the drawing board.

And for anyone who cares (or is able) to capture the frame that fully shows the binary code, it is a simple message ;).