IGNORED

Trolls dolls recalled after complaints of "child absue"

Overreactive, or not? 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/inappropriate-toys-trolls-elmo-terrified-parents-kids-194238526.html

poppy-trolls-doll-1.jpg

“Our society is conditioning our children to think pedophilia is ok. This Trolls World Tour doll named Poppy has a button on her private area under her skirt. When you push this button on the doll’s private she gasps and giggles. This is not okay for a child’s toy!,” reads a Change.org petition started one day ago by user Jessica McManis

Of course toys are sometimes... asinine, to put it lightly. I mean, who really thought the "Shape Shifters Punisher" was a good idea...??

punisher-crotch-gun-3-thumb-330x563-47003.jpg

Edited by avatar!
  • Haha 1

A button or function on any humanoid doll should never be in the genital area unless the purpose of that doll was supposed to teach about reproduction.

The furthest I’d personally allow are the baby dolls that “actually poop” since that’s teaching childcare. I’ll be a little more liberal with that and even allow it to be fully anatomically correct.

This applies to toys for boys and girls. Action figures are just a masculine way to say doll. An action figure should never have penis buttons, or literal crotch rockets like the example above.

Kids aren’t as stupid as people think. They know that the genital area is their private parts and it’s naughty

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2

I didn't see anything about the silver robot on the link, what's the screwdriver about?

The button is obviously placed on the doll's ass so when you sit her down and push down on her, she giggles. People need to stop being such dicks, it isn't a button you press with your finger, it gets pushed while she's sitting.

• Like 1

Even though I owned those particular Battle Beasts, I don't actually recall the near-genital location of the sticker on the Elephant, so at least some these placements went relatively unnoticed with however the toys were actually being played with.

But electronic buttons on doll/action figure genital areas seems extraordinarily ill-conceived.

1 hour ago, PII said:

cheetarah and lion-o.png

The original Thundercats is great 🙂

I had forgotten that on their old planet (episode 1) they didn't (I paraphrase) "need protective clothing" ... yeah, no way that would make it pass the censors today. At least not in the USA. I don't think the Japanese would have any issue with it (someone correct me if I'm mistaken)! 

Yeah, this is a non-issue. I got two kids and I'd happily let them play with that stupid doll. It's not sexual without the adult knowledge required to make that association. It's just a smooth plastic button on the underside of a doll, there's nothing explicitly sexual about it.

You guys imagining the sexual pleasure of a plastic troll is way more worrying that the doll itself, and that goes DOUBLE for that creepy senator bloke trying make a thing of it.

• Like 3

From the video, it looks as though the box does show the doll sitting down with "giggling" sounds coming out, so yeah, the woman who said it doesn't mention anything about it seems to be wrong , haha .

Then there's the bit about touching her tummy, or is the button located around her tits? Nothing wrong with that though?

As @OptOut said, it's the adults looking into it, feeling uncomfortable, and trying to turn it sexual where it shouldn't even be seen that way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Yeah, this is a non-issue. I got two kids and I'd happily let them play with that stupid doll. It's not sexual without the adult knowledge required to make that association. It's just a smooth plastic button on the underside of a doll, there's nothing explicitly sexual about it.

You guys imagining the sexual pleasure of a plastic troll is way more worrying that the doll itself, and that goes DOUBLE for that creepy senator bloke trying make a thing of it.

It’s only sexual is you make it, thank you. My daughter has this toy and I never thought about the button placement being and issue. 

• Like 2

It does seem to me that for many of these instances, as some have said, it's the adults that make "everything" sexual. Granted, it has been many years since I was five, but let's face it, you don't really think sexually until you hit puberty or are exposed to such concepts by adults. That said, I still think the Punisher doll was a terrible idea 🙂 

Edited by avatar!

"Ripley, she's just a piece of plastic."

1921170999_download(53).jpeg.8254f025e3a0f8a817bac30eac8147e5.jpeg

What do troll parts look like?  Do they even have parts analogous to us cro-magnon typres?  Wait a minute - trolls aren't real - so for all we know they actually grow up as special cabbages in the garden and metamorphose into trolls at some point in time.

The only thing perverse about that troll is the people who obscenely conure up  weird deviant fantasies  from the shallow depths of what passes for their souls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I have always wondered why there was only one smurfette amongst all of those smurfs,

Edited by Tabonga