IGNORED

Movie Debate #29: Interstellar

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rating explanations down below

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • I haven't seen the movie, but I'm interested in watching it.
    • No interest in watching it.

Events Team · Posted

Heeey, there's my second pick! I will say that this one's actually a 9 for me, although it's still one of my personal favorites. Probably top... 30 or 40 maybe. There are definitely some other movies that I enjoy more that I could've picked instead of this one, but I think this'll make for a much more interesting poll at the end of the day.

Moderator · Posted
33 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Heeey, there's my second pick! I will say that this one's actually a 9 for me, although it's still one of my personal favorites. Probably top... 30 or 40 maybe. There are definitely some other movies that I enjoy more that I could've picked instead of this one, but I think this'll make for a much more interesting poll at the end of the day.

It’s such an incredible film. I definitely “like” a number of Nolan’s other films more such as The Prestige, Batman Begins and even Memento, but I’m not sure they are a better film than this. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Probably Nolan’s best film and that is saying something. A movie that will continue to rise up in critics all time rankings as more years pass. Incredible filmmaking. 9.4/10. 

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Those who haven't seen it should definitely check it out when they can.

• Like 1

This one is semi-high on my back log, but in general, TV/movie watching isn't high on my priority list.  I did watch a Corridor Crew video on it, where they talked about the effects that went into making the black hole.  They consulted a astro-physicist and used his calculations to model a blackhole.  They took the results to him in post, because they didn't think it looked correct, and the physicist simply respond with "so THAT'S what they look like!"  I appreciate that level of detail.  I have no clue what the film is about, other than space travel, but I'm interested.

I've watched it two or three times. On the first watch, I knew it was good, but it is really hard to say why it's great on the first viewing. I feel like there are still a few things I haven't put together, but as far as space movies go this is top five for me. 

Edited by Californication

49 minutes ago, fox said:

Same.  I'd put it above Dunkirk at least, but this is another boring space snoozer for me.

Ooh, I've got to watch Dunkirk again, only seen once.

I remember walking out thinking meh, but same as Interstellar, I think it requires multiple viewings to take it all in. It's a very quiet, slow paced movie, and really requires some empathy to appreciate. If nothing else the scenes in the sky were one of a kind.

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

One of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. If you can turn your brain off for almost three hours, you might be able to call it enjoyable.

The planets are pretty awesome though.

I'd have to turn my brain off at the idea of Matthew McConaughey being an astronaut.

• Haha 2