IGNORED

Found an old pic of my Gamecube collection before I sold it off... Ouch

I moved about 3 years ago and sold off my Gamecube collection to help fund it. Going through my phone and I see a bunch of titles I forgot I had... Hypergrind for like $60, Rally Championship for $20, Pokemon Box was my most expensive title at like $250. Sucks to see current prices! lol. Anyone else have old collection pics that are no longer with them? 

gamecube.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Those Pokemon boxes are beautiful. My wife is more into Pokemon than me and she's kinda upset with how much they've shot up the past few months. I think she's got CIB Red, Emerald, Leaf Green, Soul Silver, and Heart Gold. She's collecting them all but it's gonna be a little slower now that they've all gone up 100%+.

Edited by A_Feisty_Pickle

Ouch that hurts 😞 my biggest regret was selling a sealed Solatorobo years ago for like $30.....I think besides that, what hurts the most is all the boxes and manuals my mom made me throw away for all my Pokemon, Zelda, and mega man games.

• Sad 1

Here are the oldest pics I have, from around 2007. I basically never sell or trade anything, so I have just about everything except I see a Warioware Twisted which I traded them immediately regretted, just reinforcing my stance of never getting rid of anything. I also think there's a loose Hurricanes in the first pic that I sold on a whim for like $8 because I figured I'd never play some dumb soccer game. Just again, great reasons to never get rid of anything.

Also I think the Retro Gem Miner hat is in the bottom of the first pic. Vintage!

spacer.png

The M82 in the bottom left of this pic is absolutely an intentional flex, lol. It is gone but paved the way for MANY, MANY more NES games. 100s!

spacer.png

My dorm room setup. I was suuuuper cool:

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 4

I think I win the contest for "Most Times Selling It All And Restarting"

The worst was time I ever had doing so was this one...I sold all of this at once to a local buyers when my son passed away. Did it over two weeks

There's some true holy shit level things in there too. Obviously the Stadium Events cart, big box gyromite, and minty stack-up, but there's also a CIB Dino Peak, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, Power Blade 2, DK Math, Sqoon, Chubby Cherub, Pro Sport Hockey, Panic Restaurant, Bonk's Adventure, Wacky Races, and well...probably 60 of the other top 100 most expensive games in that lot.

This doesn't count my sealed collection I had at the time which included rarities like a sealed Wayne's World, Indiana Jones Ubisoft, Mario 1, 2, 3, Zelda 1, 2, Mega Man 2, 3, 4, 6, Metroid, R.C. Pro-Am, and of course the biggest sealed title I had: FFF Athletic World.

I don't regret it at all, since without selling this stuff I would have been a dead man today.

rXHtpFDTJQ7xm-k2rQViIU-jerbkrqJT-6PUZRpoFKA4gLKzZHtDrw0WP7UqRapa4GfO8QxPiZGq-34__ex-JF9oDvwfvxDfdqQd-2ge3wVVEz3PwYsnXXGieab_4eoo5KG9kQDj5vm4iSB8vKPiB18X6d.thumb.jpg.35d9d33759906bfd28dfb29054109334.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

I think I win the contest for "Most Times Selling It All And Restarting"

The worst was time I ever had doing so was this one...I sold all of this at once to a local buyers when my son passed away. Did it over two weeks

There's some true holy shit level things in there too. Obviously the Stadium Events cart, big box gyromite, and minty stack-up, but there's also a CIB Dino Peak, Samson, Bubble Bobble 2, Power Blade 2, DK Math, Sqoon, Chubby Cherub, Pro Sport Hockey, Panic Restaurant, Bonk's Adventure, Wacky Races, and well...probably 60 of the other top 100 most expensive games in that lot.

This doesn't count my sealed collection I had at the time which included rarities like a sealed Wayne's World, Indiana Jones Ubisoft, Mario 1, 2, 3, Zelda 1, 2, Mega Man 2, 3, 4, 6, Metroid, R.C. Pro-Am, and of course the biggest sealed title I had: FFF Athletic World.

I don't regret it at all, since without selling this stuff I would have been a dead man today.

rXHtpFDTJQ7xm-k2rQViIU-jerbkrqJT-6PUZRpoFKA4gLKzZHtDrw0WP7UqRapa4GfO8QxPiZGq-34__ex-JF9oDvwfvxDfdqQd-2ge3wVVEz3PwYsnXXGieab_4eoo5KG9kQDj5vm4iSB8vKPiB18X6d.thumb.jpg.35d9d33759906bfd28dfb29054109334.jpg

You sold my old big box Gyromite? I can add that to my long list of stuff I wish I hadn't sold 7-8 years ago along with my Stadium Events, DKC/Star Fox competition carts and any other cool stuff that I'm forgetting.

58 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You sold my old big box Gyromite? I can add that to my long list of stuff I wish I hadn't sold 7-8 years ago along with my Stadium Events, DKC/Star Fox competition carts and any other cool stuff that I'm forgetting.

I did, unfortunately.

It was an absolute centerpiece too, first thing you seen even before the stadium events and sealed SMB 1-3.

Been looking to replace it almost immediately after I recovered from my loss, and I’ve been actively looking for a comparable copy for about two years now.

Just now, ThePhleo said:

I did, unfortunately.

It was an absolute centerpiece too, first thing you seen even before the stadium events and sealed SMB 1-3.

Been looking to replace it almost immediately after I recovered from my loss, and I’ve been actively looking for a comparable copy for about two years now.

I lucked into that one. I think I paid $450 or $500 back in 2013. 

Top 3 :

1) selling my grew up stuff when playstation 1 came out. I wish I kept everything and still have my child’s copies of zelda,  Marios, punch out, contra, FF3, Chrono Trigger and everything else..

2) selling almost every CIB and sealed NES/Snes games I found from 2000 to 2005, including a sealed copy of M.U.S.C.L.E that I remember - still have the other copy that I’m glad I kept! I had no money and had to resell to refund the money I spent buying those lot of games and be able to keep a few of them.

3) reselling my SE Star Keepers copy as an auction on NA for around 30-40$ more I paid, just a few month after I bought it.. I talked to the buyer months ago, he still has it and will let me know someday if he want to sell it..

Also, I wish I took more pictures because I don’t have picture or list of that stuff from the past..

Edited by TheBiRD

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet GC collection. I don’t think I have a picture of it but I got rid of my GameCube games a few years ago to fund a purchase of a Disney Vacation Club membership. Well worth it. At the time they were worth about $2,800. I kept a Google spreadsheet of everything. I repriced it very recently and it’s valued at about $5,600. It’s doubled in about 3 years and that doesn’t count the systems, component cables, and controllers. Most of which I thankfully kept.

Mine wasn’t quite as nice as yours but I had 121 games including some interactive demo discs. Fire Emblem, Go Go Hypergrind, Gotcha Force, etc... I sold it to a guy in Canada on NintendoAge. I miss some of it and kept a lot of the hardware. I’ve recently started to recollect as many of the games as I can. 

I keep some old pictures around. These were all from around 2014, which was when I was selling everything. I was really into Game Boy CIBs around the end. The only ones I want back are some of the Pokemon and Zelda titles. Not the test cart or the NFR, just the CIB copies.

Yellow_Zelda.jpg.7e9a9197ab1976589f186b8f0df6c3f2.jpg

GrayMajoras.jpg.6cb7d892953da57ec23acb7706d66701.jpg

NinjaFiveO.jpg.89aee384aef5104c7625306e75557610.jpg

PockyRocky.jpg.1e727138777ac6c7e730ab9e229892c3.jpg

MiscMetroidGB.jpg.f31afcf1ac88ddf341c0492df856a44f.jpg

Bartstalk.jpg.c2d25b09767608968514959fe9dcb531.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

I sold this earlier this year opportunistically after one exact same copy sold on HA for what i considered a stupid amount. i didnt even think the grade was good so thought id just upgrade later on.

It’s one of my favourite Game of all time, it has since doubled in value, And today i realize 9/A+ isnt that bad of a grade for a coveted title...!!!  So not getting it back anytime soon 🤷‍♂️.

biggest regret since i started collecting. 

64B5E919-5D30-4290-AF1E-6B69FFD94FDA.jpeg

Edited by Jim Jimmer
  • Sad 1