IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

11 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It was real.  Rock is not that good of an actor.  He was legit stunned and sat frozen for awhile at one point.  And Smith is screaming f-bombs.

Kayfabe, baby! 

No, I don't think it was planned or staged, either.

At least after listening to Will Smith speech we know that he has a higher purpose and he is a vessel for love.

What I was wondering is that Smith said Denzel Washington told him the devil comes when you are at you peak - was Washington just being friendly knowing Smith is crazy religious or does Washington believe that nonsense too.

• Haha 1

In other current events, you know how we've been hearing about Lia Thomas winning the National Championship for NCAA women's swimming as a TG?  Now listen, I get that we can't have anyone have an unfair genetic advantage and all that...but TG's do deserve a fair and honest chance one way or another of competing in HS/college sports like anyone else.  I've heard one possible solution of TG's competition in a separate category from men's and women's.  That wouldn't work (especially at HS level) as there wouldn't be enough TG's to make teams...then a light bulb just occurred to me that I don't know if hardly anyone else even thought of...what if...

In addition to (bio) men's and (bio) women's only teams like we already have...how about we do just like we do for bathrooms and have a third co-ed/unisex division?  I mean, people play co-ed pick-up/amateur/for fun games of mixed genders all time time, so why the heck not?  This way, there's a place for TG's to compete and at the same time "cisgenders" can also join.  To make sure the teams are truly "coed" have a simple 1/3 rule.  At least 1/3 of the players on every team (rounded up to nearest whole number) be (cis/bio) guys, at least 1/3 be (cis/bio) chicks, and the remaining 1/3 to mix and match.

Also any school whose sport does not also have separate opposite gender team (most commonly baseball or softball or volleyball; the first two are NOT the same sport!!) automatically is coed.  We've had Title IX for over 50 years now so we should be LONG past the days of "boy's sports" and "girl's sports".  As Peggy Hill would say there shouldn't be any "boy's sports" or "girl's sports", they should just be SPORTS.  I don't think it's fair that in practice, girls are prevented from having a fair shot of playing baseball (they've done so at Little League/youth level since the 70s so why can't they at HS/college level?) or boys from playing softball or volleyball.  Seriously, since when did softball and volleyball become "girl's sports"?  Guys play volleyball on beaches all the time yet I guess they're mostly SOL if they want to play v-ball on the HS/college level?

So as you can see, the 50+ year old Title IX which was meant to ensure gender equality in sports needs a MAJOR update/overhaul.  If any of the rest of you can think of a better compromise/solution that will be as fair as possible to everyone, be my guest.

@Estil if your a biological male you play in the boys team. No matter if you feel like or mentally are a woman. You born with tools you play with the boys. I don’t care if you changed your name from Dan to Dannie, grew your hair and started wearing makeup and dresses. That’s fine Dannie you can do all that and guess what you still play on the boys team.

• Angry 1

Watching MAGA diehard politicians pander to this transgender culture war garbage because republicans have no actual policy is hilarious and terrible at the same time. 

I mean, the failed state of Texas literally has the AG and governor telling people what they can and can’t do with their kids. You can be forced to have a rape-baby, but heaven forbid you ask someone to wear a mask in your private place of business. 

Actual conservatives should be outraged. They wont let teachers teach, but they sure will hunt your 10 year old down!

I would want my government to focus on the electrical grid, or the terrible voting mess they got themselves in before harassing kids, but policy doesnt get you on Fox news.  Manufactured outrage does though. Same thing for Ron Desantis. I feel bad for our Florida members. 

• Like 4

On 3/30/2022 at 1:34 PM, docile tapeworm said:

The co Ed/trans league wouldnt last. Who would pay for it? Who would watch?

Most other sports besides b-ball and football don't draw very big crowds regardless.  I honestly do think I've come up with a good realistic solution that I think would mostly satisfy most people...I mean isn't that what these sorts of things are all about?  It's one thing to complain about a problem it's quite another to figure out a way to solve it.

5 hours ago, Estil said:

Most other sports besides b-ball and football don't draw very big crowds regardless.  I honestly do think I've come up with a good realistic solution that I think would mostly satisfy most people...I mean isn't that what these sorts of things are all about?  It's one thing to complain about a problem it's quite another to figure out a way to solve it.

I don’t understand what the problem is. If your born a biological male, you don’t compete against biological female in sports.

“Fairness in Women’s Sports Act”

Edited by docile tapeworm

Administrator · Posted
On 4/2/2022 at 4:32 AM, docile tapeworm said:

I don’t understand what the problem is. If your born a biological male, you don’t compete against biological female in sports.

“Fairness in Women’s Sports Act”

There's an easy fix- just start calling it "born female" swimming instead of Women's swimming?

21 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Why? Just curious your reasoning.

Biological advantage?   If you spent the first 18-20 years of your life being a biological male and switch to female, even without testosterone levels you're still going to have advantages with your body.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Biological advantage?   If you spent the first 18-20 years of your life being a biological male and switch to female, even without testosterone levels you're still going to have advantages with your body.

So a "biological female" can't be stronger or more athletic than a "biological male"??

3 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm sure some are, and that's not what I said. 

Can you clarify? I'm curious about the "advantages" you are referring to. Please provide sources if possible. I'd like to see the science behind this.

5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Cause it’s weak sauce. If you want to identify as a woman, ok, but your biologically still a man. 
go and compete against women as a man and win your trophy.

You didn't answer my question? Why do you believe this? Why is it "weak sauce"? What is your reasoning for having this transphobic viewpoint?

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Can you clarify? I'm curious about the "advantages" you are referring to. Please provide sources if possible. I'd like to see the science behind this.

https://news.usc.edu/19138/All-Knees-Are-Not-Created-Equal/

I'm assuming you also have the google where you are; do some light reading on physiology today and let us know your findings.

14 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

You didn't answer my question? Why do you believe this? Why is it "weak sauce"? What is your reasoning for having this transphobic viewpoint?

Because , this is just a guess, the women's division in sport was created so that people born biological women would have a place to compete against each other.

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

https://news.usc.edu/19138/All-Knees-Are-Not-Created-Equal/

I'm assuming you also have the google where you are; do some light reading on physiology today and let us know your findings.

Ok, so you are saying the size of the knee is why boys and girls can't play sports together? Doesn't seem like very sound logic but if that is what you need to do to justify your transphobic viewpoint then you do you.

2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Because , this is just a guess, the women's division in sport was created so that people born biological woman would have a place to compete against each other.

Ah, ok, so you are just a transphobe for no reason. Thank you for clarifying. 

Sorry to call you out so directly but I've already reporting your alienating transphobic comments to the site mods and they don't seem to care/want to do anything about it. Hopefully y'all can open your hearts and minds a little more someday. I'll bow out of it now. 

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Ok, so you are saying the size of the knee is why boys and girls can't play sports together? Doesn't seem like very sound logic but if that is what you need to do to justify your transphobic viewpoint then you do you.

I'm not supportive of denying trans peeps human rights, so you can stop trying to paint me with your strangely broad brush.   

I'm also not for college kids playing in the little league world series, unless it's Doogie Howser.

Your mental gymnastics are exhausting.

6 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Ah, ok, so you are just a transphobe for no reason. Thank you for clarifying. 

Sorry to call you out so directly but I've already reporting your alienating transphobic comments to the site mods and they don't seem to care/want to do anything about it. Hopefully y'all can open your hearts and minds a little more someday. I'll bow out of it now. 

It’s all good. I got no issue with a male identifying as a female. And I got no issues with co-ed sports. 
And if my opinion of males competing against females in female division of sport makes me transphobe….merica baby.

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm pretty left leaning in general, but sympathize with the conks on this particular issue.  I'm all for every LBGTQ+ right you can think of, but having inherit born-biological male advantages is a thing.  It's backed by science.

I don't know what the happy medium is, but we'll get there.