IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

7 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I don't see what they worry about. Storming government buildings is a MAGA Republican thing.

The police station in Minneapolis that is still a hole in the ground would say otherwise. There are crazy and opertunists all over.

Local police station =\= capitol building

https://www.police1.com/george-floyd-protest/articles/man-sentenced-to-4-years-for-minneapolis-police-station-fire-nKd5RboPPFKRy53f/

looks like they were right wing Boogaloo bois according to to that article? So then if so, yeah, its a MAGA Trump Supporter thing. 

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1

I don't always usually say this, but nice move California!

‘Roe’ under threat, California leans in as abortion refuge

Gov. Gavin Newsom and the state’s top legislative leaders said they would seek voter approval to make abortions a constitutional right in California, a move designed to shield the state from future court rulings and a potential federal abortion ban should Republicans win control of Congress.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-travel-business-health-1c986e0b609d86b895660c6ce871e554

edit: my opinion, abortion should be a constitutional right period.

Edited by avatar!

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Local police station =\= capitol building

https://www.police1.com/george-floyd-protest/articles/man-sentenced-to-4-years-for-minneapolis-police-station-fire-nKd5RboPPFKRy53f/

looks like they were right wing Boogaloo bois according to to that article? So then if so, yeah, its a MAGA Trump Supporter thing. 

Yeah it was all a conspiracy. How about the post office next door that was burnt down then? That doesn't count either I suppose. They are always bad, we are always good. That must be it.

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

Bro what the hell is wrong with America? 

Birth rates are down, government has to step in to ensure we keep producing little workers and soldiers for the oligarchs.**

**this message brought to you by the party of small government

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Wait until everyone sees what they will start doing to minorities and women. Maybe it will wake voters up?

Nah, because Democrates don't understand the difference between men and women, or something...

🎶 Land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 🎶

52 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

everyone is welcome to come to a free state like California. 

I wish it were that easy. I'm in the reddest of reds - Nebraska, most recently famous for a state Senator claiming Furries are taking over our schools. A move to California would be awesome except the cost of living is so much higher that it's nearly impossible for a family at our income level. 

Which of course, is how the whole system is designed.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I wish it were that easy. I'm in the reddest of reds - Nebraska, most recently famous for a state Senator claiming Furries are taking over our schools. A move to California would be awesome except the cost of living is so much higher that it's nearly impossible for a family at our income level. 

Which of course, is how the whole system is designed.

You mean regurgitating fake news about how furries were complaining there were no litterboxes for them to shit in in classrooms? 🤣🤣🤣 that was pretty funny

And not all of CA is pricey, out in the boonies it gets pretty cheap. Jobs are harder to find out there, however

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You mean regurgitating fake news about how furries were complaining there were no litterboxes for them to shit in in classrooms? 🤣🤣🤣 that was pretty funny

And not all of CA is pricey, out in the boonies it gets pretty cheap. Jobs are harder to find out there, however

Fair enough.

And yes it was hysterical to all of us here as well. Pretty sad, but funny. 

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Republican states are going to be 3rd world countries. 

Wait until everyone sees what they will start doing to minorities and women. Maybe it will wake voters up?

Meanwhile, everyone is welcome to come to a free state like California. 

I understand and appreciate the sentiment, but I don’t think people should have to move to be treated like a human being. It’s better to fight for change in red states than to pack up and leave behind the people who can’t do either. There are large populations of libs and even leftists in red states, but the system has done a great job of gerrymandering and oppressing those voices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strange said:

There are large populations of libs and even leftists in red states, but the system has done a great job of gerrymandering and oppressing those voices.

Everyone complains when physical action is taken, but the situation we are now in clearly proves that decorum and discussion are not enough. Action MUST be taken to protect the rights of our citizens. Words are not enough as they continue to oppress. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/infant_mortality_rates/infant_mortality.htm

Just in-case anyone cared, most republican led states have higher infant deaths anyways.  

Just going to go up when they force rape victims to carry un-viable fetuses to term. “Pro-life” lol

I was just thinking- in one of these backwards ass states, if they make abortion a crime of murder, any garbage person could rape a woman, get her pregnant, then push her down the stairs so she goes to prison for murder? Fucking idiots. 

Handsmaid’s tale, here we come!

16 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Everyone complains when physical action is taken, but the situation we are now in clearly proves that decorum and discussion are not enough. Action MUST be taken to protect the rights of our citizens. Words are not enough as they continue to oppress. 

I’m fully with you there. Just saying that there are large swathes of sane people here, including oppressed populations that can’t just move elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Strange said:

I’m fully with you there. Just saying that there are large swathes of sane people here, including oppressed populations that can’t just move elsewhere.

Oh yea, we are in agreement, I was bouncing off your point, not debating it. Just pointing out how the system will be used abused and twisted by these people to get what they want.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

And Cawthorn is out! Thank goodness!

What a complete clown that idiot was. The people that elected him should be embarrassed they are such awful judges of character. 

So satisfying watching him get axed, crazy he didnt say it was rigged though. Anytime a republican loses for the rest of time thats all we will hear. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping Marjorie Taylor Greene gets primaried next. Yes, she's in one of the deepest red districts in the nation, but she ran unopposed in 2020 and by all accounts her constituents are getting tired of her doing jack shit for her state.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 12:16 PM, Tulpa said:

I'm hoping Marjorie Taylor Greene gets primaried next. Yes, she's in one of the deepest red districts in the nation, but she ran unopposed in 2020 and by all accounts her constituents are getting tired of her doing jack shit for her state.

Considering she brings in a lot of money for the Republicans, I am expecting her to he around for a long time.