IGNORED

Worst Boxart of All Time?

I bet it was intentionally bad to get everyone talking about it.

I never would never have given Fifa 21 a second of thought had you not been turned off by the cover and posted this.

Free advertising! Pretty smart actually...

Pro Wrestling on the Master System isn’t the worst its just-nope I don’t have anything to back it up.

8F928DCA-84A0-41CC-93A0-B919FBC25195.png.45c6088a9c5dcde7ee27535de90ff796.png

A lot of early Master System games had really cheap looking, of what I would call clip art. I think it makes them unique, but some just aren’t right, and this one makes no sense. If I were to judge this game to let’s say, Pro Wrestling on the NES just by box art alone, I’d take the NES game (I’d take the NES game over the Sega one any day in any department 😁).

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Matt 4120 said:

Pro Wrestling on the Master System isn’t the worst its just-nope I don’t have anything to back it up.

A lot of early Master System games had really cheap looking, of what I would call clip art. I think it makes them unique, but some just aren’t right, and this one makes no sense. If I were to judge this game to let’s say, Pro Wrestling on the NES just by box art alone, I’d take the NES game (I’d take the NES game over the Sega one any day in any department 😁).

It gets worse when you zoom in.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Even though the art itself is really awesome, I think the LRG release of "Humper" deserves a special mention

jjI2yA9.png

Jesus. I dunno if it's just the pic, but that looks really dim. That'd be awesome cover art if you could actually make out anything 😛

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Some great contenders but for my money, it has to be anything from the Master System because its so incredibly fucking lazy.  

It's so damn weird, and I'm not sure it's just laziness. For some reason it felt like a calculated strategy.

Take this amazing cover art for Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Daimakaimura | Sega Mega Drive/Genesis

The Master System game came out later, and reused the same motive, yet redrawn to look much, much worse. There's no way it couldn't have been intentional.

253217-ghouls-n-ghosts-sega-master-system-front-cover.png

• Haha 1