IGNORED

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2

Jicsan

37 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

I'm thrilled that this has turned into an actual ongoing series. I loved the first Curse Of The Moon, and Ritual of The Night.

Same, this made my day.  Now if they would just announce Ritual of the Night 2!  If Konami ain't going to bother making the real deal anymore, I'm fine with this series being my replacement Castlevania.

• Like 1

I'll second third whatever it all, damn fine thing seeing this and that it appears it has been so popular enough for IGA and his crew to make this into an actual series of its own since Konami is more interested in playing with its tiny metal balls these days than doing Castlevania right anymore.

I'd like to see physical of this, never did get the first one as such which is a shame.

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted

I am excited for this as well.  Now the question, buy the digital to only have to buy the physical down the line or just wait.  Ended up with both for Curse of the Moon, not knowing if physical would ever be a reality for it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Why are they working on this when they haven't even fulfilled all of the Kickstarter promises yet? Seems like a poor choice of resource management.

As an original Bloodstained backer, I'd rather the team actually worked on something new rather than getting stuck doing silly stretch goals. I played the game already, I'm doe with it.

But of course, as noiseredux said, it's a completely different team. 🙂 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I am excited for this as well.  Now the question, buy the digital to only have to buy the physical down the line or just wait.  Ended up with both for Curse of the Moon, not knowing if physical would ever be a reality for it. 

I'd gotten the first Curse of the Moon digital on PS4 as a backer reward.  Then I got the physical one in the NES style box from LRG for the Switch.  Sure I double dipped, but I at least it was for two different platforms.  I've justified double dips on games for much more than $10, so this is a no-brainer for me.  Get the PS4 digital (if it is only $10 again), play it sooner and get some trophies, then get a physical Switch (hopefully a NES style package to match the other) for the Nintendo collection.

I'm not in the habit of double dipping, but if it's a series I love I will do it for sure.  Grow my collection and support games that I want them to make more of.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Why are they working on this when they haven't even fulfilled all of the Kickstarter promises yet? Seems like a poor choice of resource management.

I think backing anything on Kickstarter is a fool's errand, but I let my nostalgia for SotN get the better of me and I joined the fools on this one. I will never back another. As per usual, promised content didn't make it, the game launched unplayable on Switch, and backer rewards were made available to all buyers after launch. But that's how Kickstarter goes and I really should've known better.

That being said, I'm not sure how the rights played out with this being made by another studio completely, so it probably has nothing to do with the Kickstarter at this point. Either way I'm excited for this one.

Edited by DoctorEncore

16 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think backing anything on Kickstarter is a fool's errand, but I let my nostalgia for SotN get the better of me and I joined the fools on this one. I will never back another. As per usual, promised content didn't make it, the game launched unplayable on Switch, and backer rewards were made available to all buyers after launch. But that's how Kickstarter goes and I really should've known better.

That being said, I'm not sure how the rights played out with this being made by another studio completely, so it probably has nothing to do with the Kickstarter at this point. Either way I'm excited for this one.

I didn't mind backing it myself.  My expectation was just to preorder so the game could exist.  I can understand if people expect bonuses to be exclusive that it can be frustrated.  I'm just happy we have gotten two good games in the series so far as a result of the Kickstarter.  Looks like we are getting a third too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zeppelin03 said:

I didn't mind backing it myself.  My expectation was just to preorder so the game could exist.  I can understand if people expect bonuses to be exclusive that it can be frustrated.  I'm just happy we have gotten two good games in the series so far as a result of the Kickstarter.  Looks like we are getting a third too.

Yeah, I'm probably being a bit overly negative out of disappointment with how everything played out, but I really should have expected it. It's not like it's the first Kickstarter; I had plenty of knowledge about how things tend to go on there. And both Curse and Ritual ended up being great games, although I find it hard to believe they couldn't have secured funding through a traditional publisher.

Kickstarter has always just felt a little sketchy to me since it's basically asking for investors, but then not allowing them to profit from the success of their investment. That's why Fig is so cool.

But I don't want to derail the thread. I'm really excited for this sequel.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Still haven't played the first one yet, or Ritual. Was the first curse game better than ROTN?

Curse is basically an easier, modern update to Castlevania 3 and it's pretty awesome. RotN is a full-on modern game in the vein of SotN. Both are great games in their own right, so it just depends what you're interested in.