IGNORED

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2

Jicsan

On 6/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm not gonna lie, I actually enjoyed Curse of the Moon more than RotN, so I'm pretty stoked for this. I'd much rather get this than a RotN sequel, although I'd love to see that as well.

These are my sentiments exactly.

Not bad, the cast of the primary game rolled into it.  Makes you wonder though, if (when) a third one of these rolls around, are they going to be lazy and add another 3-4 and have just a stupid amount of characters to pick from kind of confusing the thing or come up with a new idea.  It was fine when they were just aping CV3, but at 7 it feels just a slight bit excessive.  Maybe would have been smart to choose who you use from a limited list, or make a couple adventures that tie into one sort of like Castlevania Legacy of Darkness did rolling up the knights story and then the original (now not broken) CV64 on the back end.

35 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe would have been smart to choose who you use from a limited list, or make a couple adventures that tie into one sort of like Castlevania Legacy of Darkness did

Well that's sort of what they did for the first COTM, so I'd expect something similar.

Not sure how I feel about adding all the extra characters though - sounds like the focus might be changed a little this one around.
The first COTM excelled basically due to how generically every area was designed, accomodating each character individually.
And most importantly, the entire game was designed to work really well with a solo non-upgraded Zangetsu, which was by far the most fun "mode" to play.
I really hope they are sticking to that philosophy this time, too. It was a lot of fun to play with the other characters (except from Alfred), but it was mostly just a nice extra.

Edited by Sumez

• 2 weeks later...

Putting this here for folks that don't check in on the Limited Run Games thread over in General Collecting.

Limited Run Games announced they are doing the physical copies of Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 for Switch and PS4, date to be determined.  Also Bloodstained fans would probably like to know they are releasing Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Switch and PS4, Q3 2020!

• Like 1

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping for international distribution, but seems I'll have to deal with LRG again, which also means it'll probably be 1½ year before they even put it up on their website, and then another year before they start shipping XD

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Curse 2 I'd feel bad I don't have the first one as i missed out on that one due to their handling of things and the after market pricing blows.

Coincidentally, I ended up with two copies of COTM because of their shitty way of handling things. I tried selling it at the exact same price as I had to pay for it, but couldn't find any buyers. I think the after market prices you are seeing are probably just hopeful BIN prices.

It was a preorder game you could freely preorder for like 2-4 weeks, so I think most people who wanted that one has it by now.

14 hours ago, Jicsan said:

Putting this here for folks that don't check in on the Limited Run Games thread over in General Collecting.

Limited Run Games announced they are doing the physical copies of Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 for Switch and PS4, date to be determined.  Also Bloodstained fans would probably like to know they are releasing Castlevania Anniversary Collection for Switch and PS4, Q3 2020!

Super excited about both. I had been holding off on buying the CV collection on the eShop in hope of a physical release.

18 hours ago, Jicsan said:

That's fantastic! I did pass up on this Anniversary just because it was digital only but now when it goes physical i'll try to snatch a copy.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:39 AM, Sumez said:

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping for international distribution, but seems I'll have to deal with LRG again, which also means it'll probably be 1½ year before they even put it up on their website, and then another year before they start shipping XD

Coincidentally, I ended up with two copies of COTM because of their shitty way of handling things. I tried selling it at the exact same price as I had to pay for it, but couldn't find any buyers. I think the after market prices you are seeing are probably just hopeful BIN prices.

It was a preorder game you could freely preorder for like 2-4 weeks, so I think most people who wanted that one has it by now.

Well if that's the case I think avoiding ebay and looking for someone serious, not someone fishing for impatience and a dash of stupidity would be best.

I forgot about that phone game, pretty pathetic in a year they couldn't get it together then buried it.

I do agree with the previous post though, full price is harder pill to swallow.  I liked the original one, but I didn't put my moneys worth into it.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, zeppelin03 said:

I'm waiting for steam to drop this to $9.99. I liked the first game a lot but feel it's a bit overpriced for how much time I will put into it.

the original one has a ton of replay value IMO. I see myself playing it many times in the future.

1 minute ago, Sumez said:

the original one has a ton of replay value IMO. I see myself playing it many times in the future.

I greatly prefer Symphony of the Night to classic Castlevania.  Circle of the Moon was a one or two playthrough game for me.  For those that like the classics these games have a ton of replay value.