IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Contra Force

BeaIank

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought you were kidding until I looked at Page 1. Dammit...

Guess you better find some time. I could probably beat my score but In good faith I can’t do it. I can get a lower score. But I for sure did some unintentional point pressing On this run . So my score can only go lower.... so I guess I’m done for the week.

only takes about 25 minutes to run through this game BTW.

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Guess you better find some time. I could probably beat my score but In good faith I can’t do it. I can get a lower score. But I for sure did some unintentional point pressing On this run . So my score can only go lower.... so I guess I’m done for the week.

only takes about 25 minutes to run through this game BTW.

I've beaten it before, but I usually lose at least one life when the screen decides not to scroll when it's supposed to. I'm not sure I'd beat your score even if I finished the game since I usually end up with a score in the 75k range.

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've beaten it before, but I usually lose at least one life when the screen decides not to scroll when it's supposed to. I'm not sure I'd beat your score even if I finished the game since I usually end up with a score in the 75k range.

75 sounds right. Level 3 has those chains that I fell off a few times and had to kill a couple guys that popped up again. Like I said, unintentionally point pressed. I will gladly run through it again when I get home though and update my score.

7 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

unintentionally point pressed. 

Thats hard to avoid with this game. I had a few games I didnt submit in the 18-20k range. Higher scores were on runs with less progress. You can get into a bind on level 2 where enemies keep respawning because you have to go back to avoid their fire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

75 sounds right. Level 3 has those chains that I fell off a few times and had to kill a couple guys that popped up again. Like I said, unintentionally point pressed. I will gladly run through it again when I get home though and update my score.

That happens. Level 3 is worse than Level 5 because of those chains. I usually fall off of them too.

47 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Thats hard to avoid with this game. I had a few games I didnt submit in the 18-20k range. Higher scores were on runs with less progress. You can get into a bind on level 2 where enemies keep respawning because you have to go back to avoid their fire. 

The overhead levels seem to both have issues where the screen randomly stops scrolling and you have to back up to get it to move. That's usually what gets me killed.

17 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I wouldn't worry about it. I've come just short of 80k before without doing anything out of the ordinary. 

19 hours ago, ninjistar said:

I feel it's difficult to get a picture after losing one life. The game seems very slow to pause, then goes into that menu. It's just very clunky. I'll post a score, but it won't be much.  

Can you make sure that your score is lower than mine? I don't want to finish in last place this week.

59 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Can you make sure that your score is lower than mine? I don't want to finish in last place this week.

MeganJoanne quit when her emulator froze, so you wouldn't be low score. But you would be low score amongst the people who waited to die to post a score.  

On 6/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, ninjistar said:

I feel it's difficult to get a picture after losing one life. The game seems very slow to pause, then goes into that menu. It's just very clunky. I'll post a score, but it won't be much.  

I was taking them as I went this last time. I don't think it lets you pause during the boss fights which doesn't make it any easier if you lose a life there.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm really done this time and I posted my best score, but I'm sure I'll be around before the end of the season. 😂

Since you are really done, you wont be doing another run to beat my slightly higher score. Score update on page 4...

Edit: if it makes you feel any better, I did get a lot further into the level. Thats the third time I had to hit that transfer. I straight up choked. 

Edited by NESfiend

20 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Since you are really done, you wont be doing another run to beat my slightly higher score. Score update on page 4...

Edit: if it makes you feel any better, I did get a lot further into the level. Thats the third time I had to hit that transfer. I straight up choked. 

Yeah, I'm done. You should probably go ahead and beat the game just in case though.

36 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I'm done. You should probably go ahead and beat the game just in case though.

I played this morning because I've got people coming over to BBQ this afternoon.  Bud light time coming early today. I have a ton of work to catch up on tomorrow before going back Monday, so ill be lucky if I get one or two more runs tomorrow night before closing time. Doubt ill be able to get that deep again. 

If i hadn't had your score so ingrained in my mind, I may have gone all the way or died 20k sooner. I was getting to 53k or else. Once I got there, I breathed deep, relaxed, and died quick.

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I played this morning because I've got people coming over to BBQ this afternoon.  Bud light time coming early today. I have a ton of work to catch up on tomorrow before going back Monday, so ill be lucky if I get one or two more runs tomorrow night before closing time. Doubt ill be able to get that deep again. 

If i hadn't had your score so ingrained in my mind, I may have gone all the way or died 20k sooner. I was getting to 53k or else. Once I got there, I breathed deep, relaxed, and died quick.

I honestly don't think I'll get another shot at it. I'm lucky that I got that far. The run before that I died on the Level 3 boss and the game wouldn't let me pause it to get a picture so I ended up having to play again. I was hoping to finish it, but it looks like I'm going to be just short.