IGNORED

Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games

Trifecta

It would of been nice to propose and discuss a standardized picture spread for NES CIB contents before the original post started. Now there's dozens and dozens of entries and will take a lot of time to re-take pictures and edit the original post.

I think a better idea would be to create some sort of database similar to what Nintendoage had for SNES games and have a more uniform display of pictures in that format.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently picked up a CIB Festers Quest from what I would assume to be a reliable source.  Everything looks good and matches here however there isn't a black sleeve in my copy. 

The listing here calls for a black sleeve however in the picture I don't see one shown.

Was there a sleeve included with this title?16729593711745691257317935575589.thumb.jpg.fb4a7aec0bc8ecadeff06740268eaaec.jpg

12 hours ago, dogbowl said:

I recently picked up a CIB Festers Quest from what I would assume to be a reliable source.  Everything looks good and matches here however there isn't a black sleeve in my copy. 

The listing here calls for a black sleeve however in the picture I don't see one shown.

Was there a sleeve included with this title?16729593711745691257317935575589.thumb.jpg.fb4a7aec0bc8ecadeff06740268eaaec.jpg

Hello. I opened a factory sealed copy of Fester’s Quest. I can confirm it does have a smooth black dust sleeve.

The reason it isn’t shown in the picture is because it is assumed all officially released NES games came with a dust sleeve.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2022 at 3:44 PM, Trifecta said:

I think a better idea would be to create some sort of database similar to what Nintendoage had for SNES games and have a more uniform display of pictures in that format.

I have a "Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link" CIB to post, have you decided on a standard for the pictures?

3 hours ago, obnoxious said:

I have a "Zelda 2 - The Adventure of Link" CIB to post, have you decided on a standard for the pictures?

Don’t think we really have, just take it how you think it displays best. Maybe your format will be a better layout than previously done.

I was quite excited to see some movement in this thread, I was really hoping it was a new entry from Trifecta!

Either way I like seeing some complete games posted so bring em on.

18 hours ago, obnoxious said:

For this thread, a standard way to display pictures isn't necessary. We were saying if a database was created, a standard way to display pics would be a good idea.

Let's see your Zelda II pic.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:22 AM, Trifecta said:

The reason it isn’t shown in the picture is because it is assumed all officially released NES games came with a dust sleeve.

Well, not "all"...  let's say 99%+ came with a sleeve.  Final Fantasy, for example, didn't have a sleeve due to the needed space for the guide and maps and whatnot, and a small handful of other rpg's may have shared the same fate...

EDIT - I just checked the sealed contents list and Arkanoid did not come with a sleeve either...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well, not "all"...  let's say 99%+ came with a sleeve.  Final Fantasy, for example, didn't have a sleeve due to the needed space for the guide and maps and whatnot, and a small handful of other rpg's may have shared the same fate...

EDIT - I just checked the sealed contents list and Arkanoid did not come with a sleeve either...

What’s the chances we can get final fantasy added to the list? Granted it seems the guy never confirmed the codes but all the pieces are shown in the picture and with our knowledge of the codes these days I’m sure we can confirm exactly what the codes are.

18 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

What’s the chances we can get final fantasy added to the list?

50%: either someone will find a sealed FF and open it, or they won't.  I don't know how many people would open one nowadays due to monetary issues, but I guarantee you that I'll be opening the first one I ever come across...

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

50%: either someone will find a sealed FF and open it, or they won't.  I don't know how many people would open one nowadays due to monetary issues, but I guarantee you that I'll be opening the first one I ever come across...

What he is referring to is an old NA post….. if memory serves me right around 2007 when the post was getting started a guy posted a few pics of him opening Final Fantasy. Unfortunately, he didn’t list the codes but it was clear what they were. Wizard unfortunately was a tad rude when he responded and the guy was upset and said to heck with opening anything else and posting the codes.

Edited by Mr. CIB

59 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

What he is referring to is an old NA post….. if memory serves me right around 2007 when the post was getting started a guy posted a few pics of him opening Final Fantasy. Unfortunately, he didn’t list the codes but it was clear what they were. Wizard unfortunately was a tad rude when he responded and the guy was upset and said to heck with opening anything else and posting the codes.

Did anyone save the picture?  I would definitely look into it if I at least had a picture to go on...

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Did anyone save the picture?  I would definitely look into it if I at least had a picture to go on...

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewab6f.html?StartRow=101&catid=5&threadid=773

about half way down 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 6:49 PM, Trifecta said:

Opened a VGA graded Batman Return of the Joker and have added it to the list. Surprising, it had a foil Nintendo brand dust sleeve.

52795719732_2c61789d19_h.jpg

52796528534_704054cdb0_h.jpg

52795719667_fef7379af0_b.jpg

52796732878_663eb6cf96_b.jpg

I saw this on eBay….. did it have an H-Seam? I got one like new over 20+ years ago that came with 3 inserts if I recall. Interesting 

Edited by O.G. CIB

On 4/5/2023 at 4:49 PM, Trifecta said:

Opened a VGA graded Batman Return of the Joker and have added it to the list. Surprising, it had a foil Nintendo brand dust sleeve.

52795719732_2c61789d19_h.jpg

52796528534_704054cdb0_h.jpg

52796732878_663eb6cf96_b.jpg

Wow, it's odd to see a Nintendo-branded dust sleeve with a third party title, especially one that was manufactured by the third party themselves.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but is the dust sleeve foil or non-foil?

52 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I’ve never seen a brand new Batman Return of the Joker with a H-seam. 

It has a red foil Nintendo brand dust sleeve.

It didn’t come with any inserts. Which inserts did yours come with OG CIB?

None of the NES ones on eBay have any inserts at all so I'm skeptical of there being anything else packed in with the game...