IGNORED

Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games

Trifecta

Does these count as an unboxing?  Original developer opening his personal items

Silver Surfer for the NES

https://twitter.com/KevEdwardsRetro/status/1662450769348403202?t=6FFWzy2hfs5chcOYGU8pag&s=19

Wolverine

https://twitter.com/KevEdwardsRetro/status/1662109199109685250?t=H4p1As090LBbLgNfe0PhXA&s=19

Edited by dogbowl

9 hours ago, dogbowl said:

https://twitter.com/KevEdwardsRetro/status/1662450769348403202?t=6FFWzy2hfs5chcOYGU8pag&s=19

Wolverine

https://twitter.com/KevEdwardsRetro/status/1662109199109685250?t=H4p1As090LBbLgNfe0PhXA&s=19

They're not sealed at the start of the videos and Silver Surfer is not packaged the way every licensed NES game that I've ever opened was packaged.  They are probably 100% CIB and will suffice for this project, but I wouldn't consider these to be "unboxing" videos...

10 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

They're not sealed at the start of the videos and Silver Surfer is not packaged the way every licensed NES game that I've ever opened was packaged.  They are probably 100% CIB and will suffice for this project, but I wouldn't consider these to be "unboxing" videos...

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  I assume a trustworthy source and accurate contents.

Another one posted but no poster or registration card with this one.

Magic Johnsons Fast Break

https://twitter.com/KevEdwardsRetro/status/1662763702397947906?t=ZHRuVTqaKKbwRzxe3ISK1w&s=19

On 5/27/2023 at 3:37 PM, dogbowl said:

Wolverine

Thanks @dogbowl

He says he received them in factory sealed condition. He also said that the Silver Surfer and Wolverine games should still have all the inserts they had when they were new.

I'm inclined to believe his Silver Surfer and Wolverine are 100% complete games.

I have a few games to add to this list for images.  I'll start with these two for now but I have some that aren't on wizards list on gamefaqs as well.  I tried emailing those to him but the email address doesn't work.

Bionic Commando (Round Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-CM-USA)
     - Box (NES-CM-USA)
     - Manual (NES-CM-USA)
     - Capcom Advert/Poster (CAP-NES-US)
     - Captain Commando Refund Card (CAP-NES-US)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-US)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Duck Tales 2
     - Cartridge (NES-DL-USA)
     - Box (NES-DL-USA)
     - Manual (NES-DL-USA)
     - Epilepsy Warning Sheet (NES-DOC-USA/CAN)
     - Registration Card (CAP-NES-US-3)
     - Capcom Advert/Poster (CAP-NES-US-5)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (GP-NES-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

20230810_020031.jpg

20230810_020724.jpg

Edited by Netto84
Correcting Grammer issues.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
4 hours ago, Netto84 said:

I have a few games to add to this list for images.  I'll start with these two for now but I have some that aren't on wizards list on gamefaqs as well.  I tried emailing those to him but the email address doesn't work.

Bionic Commando (Round Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-CM-USA)
     - Box (NES-CM-USA)
     - Manual (NES-CM-USA)
     - Capcom Advert/Poster (CAP-NES-US)
     - Captain Commando Refund Card (CAP-NES-US)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Duck Tales 2
     - Cartridge (NES-DL-USA)
     - Box (NES-DL-USA)
     - Manual (NES-DL-USA)
     - Epilepsy Warning Sheet (NES-DOC-USA/CAN)
     - Registration Card (CAP-NES-US-3)
     - Capcom Advert/Poster (CAP-NES-US-5)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (GP-NES-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

20230810_020031.jpg

20230810_020724.jpg

Did you open these sealed?

3 hours ago, doner24 said:

Did you open these sealed?

The one from Wiz's list no.  But Mega Man 3 & 5 I'm the original owner.  Double dragon 2 & 3 the guy I got them from said they were all his originally and they look correct.  The only things with these im not 100% on are the dust covers.  Because all the inserts stayed in the boxes but the game and dust covers were all out for years.

I'll start with the games matching Wiz's lists and can add pictures of those 2 or 4 if you'd like.

• Love 1

Simpsons, The: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
     - Cartridge (NES-Q5-USA)
     - Box (NES-Q5-USA)
     - Manual (NES-Q5-USA)
     - Bart vs. the Space Mutants Poster (ACL-Q5-US)
     - Acclaim Warranty/Registration Card (ACL-NES-US-5)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA-1)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Disney's Adventures in the Magic Kingdom
     - Cartridge (NES-VD-USA)
     - Box (NES-VD-USA)
     - Manual (NES-VD-USA)
     - Capcom Warranty/Registration Card (CAP-NES-US-1)
     - $5 Coupon (CAP-VD-US)
     - Capcom Craze Poster (CAP-NES-US-3)
     - Mega Man Sticker
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (PMG-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Jackal
     - Cartridge (NES-JK-USA)
     - Box (NES-JK-USA)
     - Manual (NES-JK-USA)
     - Konami Warranty/Registration Card (KON-NES-US)
     - Konami Advert (KON-NES-US)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
Werewolf: The Last Warrior
            - Cartridge (NES-W8-USA)
            - Box (NES-W8-USA)
            - Manual (NES-W8-USA)
            - Werewolf Comic Book (DAT-W8-US)
            - Data East Business Reply Card (DAT-NES-US)
            - Data East Poster/Advert (DAT-NES-US-2)
            - Flat Black Dust Sleeve
            *NOTE* Came with a blue half-thick styrofoam insert to
                   accomodate comic.

20230810_111554.jpg

20230810_112612.jpg

20230810_114538.jpg

20230810_115230.jpg

• Like 2

Mega Man 3:

Box:  NES-XU-USA

Manual: NES-XU-USA

Cart: NES-XU-USA

Registration card: CAP-NES-US-1

Refund card:  CAP-NES-US-3

Capcom Poster: CAP-NES-US-3

Nintendo power insert:  PMG-USA

Dust cover: flat black

Mega Man 5:

Box: NES-MZ-USA

Manual: NES-MZ-USA

Cart: NES-MZ-USA

Registration card: CAP-NES-US-3

Capcom Poster: CAP-NES-US-5

Epilepsy caution:  NES-DOC-USA

Nintendo power insert: GP-NES-USA

Dust cover: flat black 

Again with these two I'm not 100% on the dust covers but I believe they were non nintendo ones.

I'll add the double dragons that I believe to be 100% next along with Rescue rangers 2 from Wiz's list.  I should also have a few others to add from Wiz's list soon as well.  

20230810_165231.jpg

20230810_170634.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Double Dragon 2:

Box: NES-W2-USA

Manual: NES-W2-USA

CartNES-W2-USA

Poster: NES-W2-USA

Rear Projection caution: NES-USA

Nintendo power inser: PMG-DD-USA

Double Dragon 3:

Box: NES-3W-USA

Manual: NES-3W-USA

CartNES-3W-USA

Poster: ACL-3W-US

Registration card:  ACL-NES-US-6

Epilepsy caution:  NES-DOC-USA

Nintendo Power Insert:  PMG-USA-1

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers
     - Cartridge (NES-RU-USA)
     - Box (NES-RU-USA)
     - Manual (NES-RU-USA*)
     - Capcom Advert (CAP-NES-US-3)
     - Warranty/Registration Card (CAP-NES-US-1)
     - Mega Man Refund Card (CAP-NES-US-3)
     - Projection TV Warning Sheet (Yellow; NES-RPTV-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

Anything from Wiz's list I just copied and pasted which is why that format shows.  Sometime next week I'll upload Mega Man 6, Snake's Revenge, and Gargoyles Quest 2 images.  

I'm alooking progressing towards a 100% cib Capcom NES collection so if I can check them against Wiz's list as I find them I will post those as well.

20230810_172120.jpg

20230810_171723.jpg

20230810_164753.jpg

• Like 2

@Netto84 Upon further inspection of you Bionic Commando pic, your cart is the round seal variant while the one on Wiz's list is oval seal. I used my copy of the game to upload the pic which matches Wiz's description exactly.

I added your other pics that were based on Wiz's list. Thank you.

You said you are the original owner of Mega Man 3 and 5? Does that mean you opened it from factory sealed?

If you're pretty sure Double Dragon II and III are 100% complete I will add them as well.

Does Duck Tales 2 dust cover feel rough to the touch?

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

@Netto84 Upon further inspection of you Bionic Commando pic, your cart is the round seal variant while the one on Wiz's list is oval seal. I used my copy of the game to upload the pic which matches Wiz's description exactly.

I added your other pics that were based on Wiz's list. Thank you.

You said you are the original owner of Mega Man 3 and 5? Does that mean you opened it from factory sealed?

If you're pretty sure Double Dragon II and III are 100% complete I will add them as well.

Does Duck Tales 2 dust cover feel rough to the touch?

On the ducktails 2 it doesn't feel rough to the touch.  I do know the sleeve I got it in was a nintendo sleeve so I replaced that to match wiz's list.  This was one I got through an auction recently.

Yes, I bought mega man 3 and 5 brand new and have held onto those since I got them as a kid.  The only thing that could have been swapped were the dust covers since those were kept out of the boxes w/ the carts.  But being that they weren't nintendo releases they were either flat black or rough sleeves.  I also have the other mega man games just trying to confirm my inserts are 100% correct on them all.  I'll upload pics of at least 6 soon as the poster I have is a -2 and not a -1 which I'm correcting.

Double dragon 2 and 3 appear to be correct.  I didn't include then in the picture but everything was still in the cart bag.  Trying to confirm my Double Dragon 1 is correct as well but I'm not certain on it. 

Also I'm curious on the bionic commando.  I didn't think oval seals could come in a circle seal box. 

One final thing. On Wiz's list for Disney adventure the manual doesn't have a star on it.  All the manuals have a star at the end from what I can tell as I can't find one without it.

4 minutes ago, Netto84 said:

On the ducktails 2 it doesn't feel rough to the touch.  I do know the sleeve I got it in was a nintendo sleeve so I replaced that to match wiz's list.  This was one I got through an auction recently.

Yes, I bought mega man 3 and 5 brand new and have held onto those since I got them as a kid.  The only thing that could have been swapped were the dust covers since those were kept out of the boxes w/ the carts.  But being that they weren't nintendo releases they were either flat black or rough sleeves.  I also have the other mega man games just trying to confirm my inserts are 100% correct on them all.  I'll upload pics of at least 6 soon as the poster I have is a -2 and not a -1 which I'm correcting.

Double dragon 2 and 3 appear to be correct.  I didn't include then in the picture but everything was still in the cart bag.  Trying to confirm my Double Dragon 1 is correct as well but I'm not certain on it. 

Also I'm curious on the bionic commando.  I didn't think oval seals could come in a circle seal box. 

One final thing. On Wiz's list for Disney adventure the manual doesn't have a star on it.  All the manuals have a star at the end from what I can tell as I can't find one without it.

What are the date codes on the box and manuals for double dragon ii and iii?

3 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

What are the date codes on the box and manuals for double dragon ii and iii?

If I'm looking at these right (dd2's box is hard to read)

Double dragon 2 box 00419 & manual 00125.

Double dragon 3 box 10323 and manual 10325

So based on that dd2 probably isn't the original box and manual being that they're 3 months apart. 

Edited by Netto84

9 hours ago, Netto84 said:

If I'm looking at these right (dd2's box is hard to read)

Double dragon 2 box 00419 & manual 00125.

Double dragon 3 box 10323 and manual 10325

So based on that dd2 probably isn't the original box and manual being that they're 3 months apart. 

That’s not always 100% accurate but good possibility that there is a closer dated manual. I’m not aware of all the dates for dd2 but good to get dates to see if inserts are somewhat correct to know if this is potentially original or not.

10 hours ago, Netto84 said:

It could be Capcom had some circle seal boxes left over from before the switch to oval seal and instead of disposing of them and wasting money, decided to use them up.

Yes, I couldn't find an Adventures in the Magical Kingdom manual without a star either. It could be there were a very limited number of manuals printed without the star or the person giving Wiz that information forgot to mention the star.

I added the star to your submission, Netto.

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

It could be Capcom had some circle seal boxes left over from before the switch to oval seal and instead of disposing of them and wasting money, decided to use them up.

Yes, I couldn't find an Adventures in the Magical Kingdom manual without a star either. It could be there were a very limited number of manuals printed without the star or the person giving Wiz that information forgot to mention the star.

I added the star to your submission, Netto.

Ty.  

Also I did notice an error in the Yo Noid picture.  The image has 2 refund cards.  A captain commando -1 refund and a -3 mega man refund card.  The -1 registration cards weren't folded.  The registration card should look like what's in my mm3, Disney adventures, and chip and dale.

I'm also still doing research but it seems the early prints of willow, mega man 2, strider, and code name viper had the -1 refund cards vs later having the -2's.  I'm guessing because the only change was the expiration dates ending in 90 or 91.  

Edited by Netto84

2 hours ago, Netto84 said:

Ty.  

Also I did notice an error in the Yo Noid picture.  The image has 2 refund cards.  A captain commando -1 refund and a -3 mega man refund card.  The -1 registration cards weren't folded.  The registration card should look like what's in my mm3, Disney adventures, and chip and dale.

Thanks I updated the Noid! picture.

9 hours ago, Friendsfa35 said:

i know this is precise........

but for Monster in My Pocket,

with the MIMP and smaller styrofoam piece being at the top,

does anyone know if the MIMP figure was on the LEFT side or the RIGHT side of the box?

This is how mine is setup. However I did not purchase mine factory sealed.

image.jpeg.587a37281f63a11df438b6f9134358f2.jpeg

• Wow! 1

Time for a few additions.  There will be more in the future.

Mega Man 6
     - Cartridge (NES-G6-USA-1)
     - Box (NES-G6-USA)
     - Manual (NES-G6-USA-1)
     - Poster Advert (GP-NES-USA-2)
     - NES Consumer Information and Precautions Booklet (NES-USA/CAN-2)
     - Nintendo Power Subscription Card (GP-NES-USA-1)
     - Foil Nintendo Dust Sleeve
Snake's Revenge
     - Cartridge (NES-E2-USA)
     - Box (NES-E2-USA)
     - Manual (NES-E2-USA)
     - "10 Ways" Advert (ULT-NES-US-1)
     - Projection TV Sheet (NES-USA)
     - Ultra Free Game Draw Registration Card (ULT-NES-US-2)
     - Nintendo Power Advert (PMG-BB-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

20230814_164825.jpg

20230818_215013.jpg

• Love 1

On 8/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, Netto84 said:

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if later Capcom games came with Nintendo sleeves. I've seen a lot of them with them. Too much to be a coincidence.