IGNORED

Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games

Trifecta

Here’s another few. Again let me know if there are any issues. 

Question: Is there any difference between the black sleeves (I.e. flat black vs smooth black)? Also are there example pics of the difference between the standard and foil Nintendo sleeves? I have tons of these but have never noticed a difference. 

10 hours ago, Sydpinkfloyd said:

Here’s another few. Again let me know if there are any issues. 

Question: Is there any difference between the black sleeves (I.e. flat black vs smooth black)? Also are there example pics of the difference between the standard and foil Nintendo sleeves? I have tons of these but have never noticed a difference. 

Thank you for your submissions! I posted them on the opening thread.

Flat Black and Smooth Black mean the same thing. On Wiz's Game Contents FAQ, he describes most of the dust sleeves as "flat". I never understood why they were called that. Most NES sleeves feel "smooth" to the touch, which is why I describe them as such.

Austin gave a great description of the sleeves in another post on this site which I will quote here:

"All Nintendo published games had the Nintendo sleeve.
All third party licensed games had a plain black sleeve.
It's possible some other companies may have used Nintendo sleeves as well but we need more info on this.

There are actually 3 different types of sleeves for both Nintendo and Third Party:
1. Nintendo sleeve with smooth cracked design (All games released between 1985-1990)
2. Nintendo sleeve with a textured design (All games released between 1990-1993)
3. Nintendo sleeve with a textured design but the logo is shiny (All games released between 1993-1994)

1. Black sleeve with smooth cracked design (All games released between 1986-1991)
2. Black sleeve with a textured design (All games released between 1991-1994)
3. Black sleeve with a very rough texture and cheap feel to it. These came with the few licensed games not manufactured in Japan by Nintendo like Overlord, Wizards & Warriors III, and Terminator 2 for example. (1991-1993?) Need help with these releases dates."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For confirmation, "flat black" refers to any of the ones that are smooth to the touch, while "textured black" actually feel different from the other ones.  On @Trifecta's post, that would be the #3 entry.  I never differentiated between #1 and #2, since I honestly couldn't feel the difference.  I'm not sure how @Dr. Morbis was tracking them after I handed it over to him, but that's how I differentiated them.  Same goes for the Nintendo ones - I only differentiated between foil and non-foil Nintendo writing.  Now, I am wondering why Wario's Woods is listed with a non-foil sleeve, since that should have a foil one, but I don't think that one was one of my additions, so I'm not touching it.

@the_wizard_666

I just checked my records and Wario's Woods was not added any time on or after my first update in May of 2020, and thus not by me.  I have fixed a good many typos that existed before my time, but I will not change an actual item in a submission based purely on my own assumptions.  If someone opens a new Wario's Woods, or if the original NA post where it is listed is found, then it can be updated, but I personally cannot speak for how it is currently listed the way it is.

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

@the_wizard_666

I just checked my records and Wario's Woods was not added any time on or after my first update in May of 2020, and thus not by me.  I have fixed a good many typos that existed before my time, but I will not change an actual item in a submission based purely on my own assumptions.  If someone opens a new Wario's Woods, or if the original NA post where it is listed is found, then it can be updated, but I personally cannot speak for how it is currently listed the way it is.

Sadly, I won't be able to do that, as I have no idea when it would've been added.  I can check my emails, but the PMs from NA and NESForums are now lost to time.  It's also possible the info I got was right, but it may have been a reseal that went undetected.  Or they could've used up old stock.  The possibilities are endless, but yeah, some mistakes may have crept in over the last decade or so.  Sadly, back at the start the submissions weren't all on the public forum where we could check on the Wayback Machine.

57 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

For confirmation, "flat black" refers to any of the ones that are smooth to the touch, while "textured black" actually feel different from the other ones.  On @Trifecta's post, that would be the #3 entry.  I never differentiated between #1 and #2, since I honestly couldn't feel the difference.  I'm not sure how @Dr. Morbis was tracking them after I handed it over to him, but that's how I differentiated them.

I've been doing the same as you for dust sleeves; basically four types for licensed: flat, textured, Non-Foil Nintendo and Foil Nintendo.

Damn, now I've gotta get to bed....

On 3/20/2022 at 11:58 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I've been doing the same as you for dust sleeves; basically four types for licensed: flat, textured, Non-Foil Nintendo and Foil Nintendo.

Damn, now I've gotta get to bed....

Five: flat plain, textured plain, flat Nintendo, textured Nintendo, and textured foil Nintendo.

Yoshi (1992) is an example of a game that was originally a textured non-foil Nintendo. If any print runs were done in late 1993, there may be sealed copies that have the foil Nintendo, like my late print Dr. Mario.

Edited by TheGameCollector

17 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

Five: flat plain, textured plain, flat Nintendo, textured Nintendo, and textured foil Nintendo.

Yoshi (1992) is an example of a game that was originally a textured non-foil Nintendo. If any print runs were done in late 1993, there may be sealed copies that have the foil Nintendo, like my late print Dr. Mario.

Yeah, very hard to tell in photographs, which, back in 2006 when this project was started, were considered a luxury for submissions.  Mostly it was just, "open up the game and list the contents with their codes," so the earliest submissions were just, flat, textured,  Nintendo or foil-Nintendo.  Four outta five ain't bad... 😛

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Updated the list with Conquest of the Crystal Palace and Flintstones Rescue of Dino & Hoppy which I opened factory sealed copies of to confirm their contents.

Can anyone else take pictures of confirmed 100% complete NES games in their collections so I can add them to this list?

2 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Updated the list with Conquest of the Crystal Palace and Flintstones Rescue of Dino & Hoppy which I opened factory sealed copies of to confirm their contents.

Can anyone else take pictures of confirmed 100% complete NES games in their collections so I can add them to this list?

I may have a couple for this list, I’ll check tonight or tomorrow. As for those two games you mentioned they’re not on the faq list. Are these pending a couple more games being opened to do the update?

I also noticed dr Mario doesn’t have the box in the picture.

5 hours ago, Trifecta said:

I'm not sure what Morbis is doing with the GameFaqs list.

Did you open these recently or did I miss them previously?  I've been keeping close track of submissions in the sealed contents thread here, so if your Crystal Palace and Flinstones were opened from factory sealed, I'll gladly add them to this thread and update the list:    🙂

1 hour ago, Trifecta said:

No, I didn't add them to that thread. Any new information I find I will just add to this thread from now on.

Okay, they should definitely be added to the sealed contents thread, after all these years and contributions.

To clarify did you open them yourself or someone else?

1 hour ago, Goodvibes said:

Okay, they should definitely be added to the sealed contents thread, after all these years and contributions.

To clarify did you open them yourself or someone else?

He wrote, “which I opened factory sealed copies of to confirm their contents.”

IMO it’s his data and he can do what he pleases with it. If someone wants to take it and update their list great….. if not oh well. No one is under obligations to pass over information to other areas that’s updated infrequently. 

1 hour ago, Mr. CIB said:

IMO it’s his data and he can do what he pleases with it. If someone wants to take it and update their list great….. if not oh well. No one is under obligations to pass over information to other areas that’s updated infrequently. 

I don't know what update frequency has to do with anything, especially when neither thread has had a post since March, but of course "no one is under any obligation to pass over information;" that goes without saying.  But we're a community here that shares a common interest and passion, so the more this information is shared, the better off we all are in the end.

Anyway, I went through my thread and couldn't find those titles, but since he does clearly state that he "opened factory sealed copies to confirm their contents," just as you quoted, I'm going to take him on his word and add them to the sealed contents thread.

@Trifecta: if for whatever reason you don't want your information on these games added to the sealed contents list or thread, please let me know in the next couple of days and I will gladly follow your wishes.  Thanks.

Edited by Dr. Morbis

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't know what update frequency has to do with anything, especially when neither thread has had a post since March, but of course "no one is under any obligation to pass over information;" that goes without saying.  But we're a community here that shares a common interest and passion, so the more this information is shared, the better off we all are in the end.

Anyway, I went through my thread and couldn't find those titles, but since he does clearly state that he "opened factory sealed copies to confirm their contents," just as you quoted, I'm going to take him on his word and add them to the sealed contents thread.

@Trifecta: if for whatever reason you don't want your information on these games added to the sealed contents list or thread, please let me know in the next couple of days and I will gladly follow your wishes.  Thanks.

Gamefaqs is your list now do as you please with it, but I’ll say this…… if anyone takes the time to post information I would happily record the information. I wouldn’t require it to be posted in a thread or meet your requirements. If @Trifectahas his list going with pictures it’s on you to gather the information. I don’t think he states he didn’t want to share but it’s clear he shouldn’t have to take extra steps. I could easily take 100+ games off the “unknown” list, with data codes, but I’m not going to be questioned by gatekeepers when my track record speakers for itself. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don’t mind the information I gather being shared, Morbis. Personally I don’t want to double post information when once will suffice. Why do I need to post the same information twice? Do you get what I’m saying? The people who need the information will find it eventually.

13 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Only reason I asked to confirm if he or someone else opened them was his response of “any new information I find…” so I was just seeing if that pertained to those games.

Either way all good with me where the data is added I just know the sealed games list has been going for years and opening games is far and few in between. Wouldn’t want games to fall through the cracks is all.

We’re all on the same side when it comes to documenting these nes games.

Edited by Goodvibes

12 hours ago, Trifecta said:

I don’t mind the information I gather being shared, Morbis. Personally I don’t want to double post information when once will suffice. Why do I need to post the same information twice? Do you get what I’m saying? The people who need the information will find it eventually.

Cool.  As Goodvibes says, we're all on the same side here.  You're trying to gather certain information about NES games and have a submissions thread to expedite that process, just as I do, so surely you understand where I'm coming from.  The last submission you received in this thread, back in March, received a "thank you for your submissions!" response from you, with an exclamation point to boot, so you were clearly appreciative of the effort that member took to specifically provide you with what you were looking for in your own thread.  I mean, sure, he could have posted it in any random thread here on VGS, or he could have made his own thread, or posted the picture somewhere else on the internet, and yeah, you may have found it eventually, but the fact that he posted it in your thread, made it a whole lot easier for you.

Anyway, I get what you're saying: you don't want to be posting the same info twice, so no worries, I'll check your thread here whenever you post any updates.  If I happen to see that you've opened any more factory sealed games for your project here in the future, I will gladly add them to the project that I'm working on in my thread.

Best of luck with this project 🙂

12 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Gamefaqs is your list now do as you please with it, but I’ll say this…… if anyone takes the time to post information I would happily record the information. I wouldn’t require it to be posted in a thread or meet your requirements. If @Trifectahas his list going with pictures it’s on you to gather the information. I don’t think he states he didn’t want to share but it’s clear he shouldn’t have to take extra steps. I could easily take 100+ games off the “unknown” list, with data codes, but I’m not going to be questioned by gatekeepers when my track record speakers for itself. 

Man, I don't know what your issue is, but Trifecta clearly states in the first post of this thread that his project here is based off of wiz's sealed game contents list:

12 hours ago, Trifecta said:

To Fellow VGSers: If you have a 100% complete NES game based off of Wiz's list, could you take a picture of all the contents and send it my way so I can add it to the list below?

You'd think he would want the information he's using as his own source material to be fleshed out as much as possible, and I would think that you would understand that, but I guess not.  You've made two snarky responses already in this thread for who knows what reason, and now that I've made this post, I'm sure there will be a third one coming down the pipe soon as well.  So fire away!!!   😛

Here’s one I opened back when, finally took some pictures for my own cataloguing:

2E02D4C8-3DE6-477A-9264-BB177657BB6A.jpeg

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes Of The Lance

-Box - nes-Lq-usa (01130)

-Manual - nes-Lq-usa-1 (01201)

-Cart - nes-Lq-usa

-Fci-nes-us poster

-Fci-nes-us-2 reg

-Pmg-usa

-Sleeve - unbranded smooth

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1