IGNORED

Pictures of 100% Complete NES Games

Trifecta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I purchased this really beat up H seam sealed Zanac. The seal seemed legit to me, but when I opened it it only came with cart, sleeve, and manual. I would have thought it would at least come with a Nintendo subscription advert of some kind. Does anyone know anything about this game and its contents?

52393463850_d43a587fe0_h.jpg

52393216571_2ff55c81dc_h.jpg

52393463565_5d15ae0c5a_h.jpg

52393342949_83c8fac5b5_h.jpg

52393463455_0efaec0498_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Silent Hill said:
Die Hard

1990 Activision NES Poster Oval SOQ R (ACT-NES-US-2)
Activision Registration Card (ACT-NES-US-1)
NES Epilepsy Warning Card (NES-DOC-USA)
Nintendo Power Offer (PMG-USA-1)
Plastic Baggie
First-party Blank Sleeve

image.png.0743d8f4bf93e64fe813b41e18bb8096.png

Thank you Silent Hill. Did you open this one up? I don't see it in Wiz's list. How did you confirm the contents?

On 9/29/2022 at 2:42 PM, Trifecta said:

I purchased this really beat up H seam sealed Zanac. The seal seemed legit to me, but when I opened it it only came with cart, sleeve, and manual. I would have thought it would at least come with a Nintendo subscription advert of some kind. Does anyone know anything about this game and its contents?

52393463850_d43a587fe0_h.jpg

52393216571_2ff55c81dc_h.jpg

52393463565_5d15ae0c5a_h.jpg

52393342949_83c8fac5b5_h.jpg

52393463455_0efaec0498_h.jpg

This is right. It was released Oct 1987 and is a third party release. Only Nintendo would have had those Nintendo Fun Club inserts at the time. I have a sheet that has some "educated" guess and this is what I had.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Thank you Silent Hill. Did you open this one up? I don't see it in Wiz's list. How did you confirm the contents?

I didn’t personally but was told when I bought it about 5 years ago that I was the second owner. So I guess I’m confident though not 100% since I didn’t personally break the seal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. CIB said:

This is right. It was released Oct 1987 and is a third party release. Only Nintendo would have had those Nintendo Fun Club inserts at the time. I have a sheet that has some "educated" guess and this is what I had.

Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll add it to the list of pictures when I get a better copy.

10 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I didn’t personally but was told when I bought it about 5 years ago that I was the second owner. So I guess I’m confident though not 100% since I didn’t personally break the seal. 

Okay, I’ll trust your word and will add it to the list of pictures.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Trifecta

On 10/1/2022 at 5:56 PM, Mr. CIB said:

My only question would be why is there no poster?  All of FCI's later releases had posters and registration cards, but maybe they didn't include these extras in their first couple of games in October of 1987 (Lunar Pool and Zanac)?

I guess my issue is why does a non-Rev-A box with a round seal of quality have a 3-screw cart inside?!?  That's very suspicious to me. @Trifecta can you open the cart and check the date codes on the chips and the date code on the manual and box as well?  If the box has no date code but the manual and/or chips have a later run date, then I'm thinking that this was a reseal...

On 9/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, Silent Hill said:
Die Hard

1990 Activision NES Poster Oval SOQ R (ACT-NES-US-2)
Activision Registration Card (ACT-NES-US-1)
NES Epilepsy Warning Card (NES-DOC-USA)
Nintendo Power Offer (PMG-USA-1)
Plastic Baggie
First-party Blank Sleeve

image.png.0743d8f4bf93e64fe813b41e18bb8096.png

What are the codes on the box, game and manual? Also do you have date codes?

5 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My only question would be why is there no poster?  All of FCI's later releases had posters and registration cards, but maybe they didn't include these extras in their first couple of games in October of 1987 (Lunar Pool and Zanac)?

I guess my issue is why does a non-Rev-A box with a round seal of quality have a 3-screw cart inside?!?  That's very suspicious to me. @Trifecta can you open the cart and check the date codes on the chips and the date code on the manual and box as well?  If the box has no date code but the manual and/or chips have a later run date, then I'm thinking that this was a reseal...

A picture of the board is below. The manual and the box don't have date codes.

52400581752_8e23eb7415_h.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trifecta said:

A picture of the board is below. The manual and the box don't have date codes.

52400581752_8e23eb7415_h.jpg

Everything matches except for the cartridge shell being 3-screw, though 3-screws showing up in non-Rev-A boxes is not unheard of for this time period (Stadium Events) so I'm thinking this is legit, assuming the cart is round seal and not oval seal (its label is concealed by the dust sleeve in the picture a few posts up).  If the below codes are accurate @Trifecta  I will add them to the queue for the next Sealed Contents update:

Zanac (Round Seal)
     - Cartridge (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Box (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Manual (NES-ZA-USA)
     - Flat Black Dust Sleeve

🙂

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, Trifecta said:

NP inserts didn't start appearing until a year later. This was their first game on the system along with Lunar Pool so that's probably why there isn't any poster or registration card.

• Like 1

I'd like to propose a standardized spread for NES CIB contents.

layout.png.744b540334c5e19d25dc9a48e2d06f88.png

All of the important stuff at top (Box > Game > Manual(s) > Poster(s)

All of the secondary stuff that's easily swappable on the bottom (Bag > Sleeve & Foam > DOC(s) > Nintendo Power)

Here are some notes:

• Some games might have extra special inserts like NES Play Action Football, Miracle Piano, Stack Up, Carmen Sandiego, MTPO etc.
  • Some games might have multiple posters like Final Fantasy, or Castlequest.
  • Some games don't even have a manual in the traditional sense, like Rollerball and Miracle Piano
  • Some Capcom games come with multiple "registration cards"
  • Some PAL games even have multiple manuals.
  • Also, I didn't factor in registration cards, but they can go to the right of the poster and this is just a rough layout.
  • Contents above are not actually what belong in that box.
  • Pack-In games DO have boxes. They are the console itself and count as part of its CIB and you're all wrong for not including it....that includes the SMB CIB variant that comes with an NES, and FFF: Athletic World with the pad...and that also means some copies of Duck Hunt and Gyromite are in fact "Duck Hunt / Gyromite" or "Duck Hunt / Gyromite / Stack-Up"
  • Like 2

I started a similar format for myself, close to what you have proposed but maybe as general rule of thumb can do box, cart, manuals across the top then do bag, sleeve and foam. Maybe do a third row to show specific inserts to generic inserts left to right. I just keep a second word doc with all games with all codes for each piece written out where I notate the sleeve, rough condition analysis of my own and any condition issues. 

I have invested too much time into how I’ve been cataloguing to redo anything format related right now lol but that’s just me. Here’s what I do for some of the weird ones with extra stuff. Capcom is chock full of inserts.

C4869841-458E-4D45-9C0B-C2905BDEAF6B.jpeg

5691D0D1-8C36-40FA-8907-909E9470B356.jpeg

6A60A488-DA8D-48B6-9A8D-99CBC082E10F.jpeg

Edited by Goodvibes
  • Like 1