IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, Khromak said:

My first graded and one of the only sealed games I own. My favorite NES game and a strong contender for favorite game of all time. Finally landed a sealed copy that I've been after for years

20230501_114056.jpg

Congrats I thought that was a WTB that would never get filled.

• Agree 3

My last submission is in before the new cases start showing up! 

This is one of my favorite new pieces for the collection!

image.thumb.jpeg.61a17011f1e9174605f3708b13e53d2c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.917bd9306cf12458efaed46297b9b47f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9f9bab7eca43fde0bd6354cad31354af.jpeg

New Gray/Platinum case variant for Pirates of the Caribbean . I saw a seller had 20 of these as a lot on eBay a few months ago and was able to get a copy. The rest were sold to a single buyer, not sure how many of these are actually out there besides what I recently saw on eBay. I'm not finding much info about the variant. The seller mentioned these were supposedly sold in some Disney stores for a little while.

image.thumb.jpeg.5bf7072f29be19b26efd767db72dfc36.jpeg

Highest graded copy out of 2 total copies graded at WATA.

image.thumb.jpeg.b946782b1c974f18d81b358e93f86450.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e7939d0de7f2fd0152557673fd8757cd.jpeg

POP 1 and first graded copy by WATA!

image.thumb.jpeg.5b277afa05cd10fb0c94be6587544e59.jpeg

Edited by mlbfan10
  • Wow! 1

On 5/1/2023 at 10:43 AM, Khromak said:

My first graded and one of the only sealed games I own. My favorite NES game and a strong contender for favorite game of all time. Finally landed a sealed copy that I've been after for years

@Khromak off topic, but why DWIII? I haven't played it yet, just wondering why this one specifically compared to the other 3?

4 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

@Khromak off topic, but why DWIII? I haven't played it yet, just wondering why this one specifically compared to the other 3?

Ultimately I'm sure a lot of it comes down to nostalgia, it was the first RPG I really got into as a kid; that said...I really like the class system and especially the class change system. You have a Hero to play the game with, and then can recruit up to 3 other characters from any combination of 6 different jobs. Then when you hit level 20 with them, you can change to any other job (plus 1 advanced job). They retain half of all their stats and all of their spells, but restart at level 1 in their new job. You can do this any number of times you'd like.

This makes for so much replayability and creativity in the experience. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want, you can pick all casters or all fighters, you can pick caster and then turn them into fighters. You can pick a party with very cheap gear requirements, or a party full of jobs which use expensive gear, leading to more grinding.

I've also beaten the game solo with Hero only, and solo with a non-hero character only. It's just so good. The debuffs and buffs are useful, the equipment is interesting and varied, the boss fights are all challenging but not impossible. I could go on forever.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Khromak said:

Ultimately I'm sure a lot of it comes down to nostalgia, it was the first RPG I really got into as a kid; that said...I really like the class system and especially the class change system. You have a Hero to play the game with, and then can recruit up to 3 other characters from any combination of 6 different jobs. Then when you hit level 20 with them, you can change to any other job (plus 1 advanced job). They retain half of all their stats and all of their spells, but restart at level 1 in their new job. You can do this any number of times you'd like.

This makes for so much replayability and creativity in the experience. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want, you can pick all casters or all fighters, you can pick caster and then turn them into fighters. You can pick a party with very cheap gear requirements, or a party full of jobs which use expensive gear, leading to more grinding.

I've also beaten the game solo with Hero only, and solo with a non-hero character only. It's just so good. The debuffs and buffs are useful, the equipment is interesting and varied, the boss fights are all challenging but not impossible. I could go on forever.

Sounds awesome. I have had the sequels on my to do list for a while now. 

I have personally wanted to submit a 3DS game to Wata since 2018.

So personally speaking? I think it was worth the wait. Especially since this is both a first print copy and the game itself was not a big seller (total sales: 0.08 million). 🙂

Wata-1-Front.jpg.e07ca1dad6a58ea314f60210e7de0e61.jpgWata-1-Back.jpg.780166aa7c8647d6c5cd0b438758b123.jpg

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Wow! 1

On 5/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, FenrirZero said:

I have personally wanted to submit a 3DS game to Wata since 2018.

So personally speaking? I think it was worth the wait. Especially since this is both a first print copy and the game itself was not a big seller (total sales: 0.08 million). 🙂

Wata-1-Front.jpg.e07ca1dad6a58ea314f60210e7de0e61.jpgWata-1-Back.jpg.780166aa7c8647d6c5cd0b438758b123.jpg

any chance you can share side pics? i'm curious how thin this case is! apparently PS1 fits in the same size. 😎

• Like 1