IGNORED

Graded Games, Show Them Off!

jonebone

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

is there a size limit now or something? like all my pics exceed it. lame.....

3 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

You have to pay more for bigger file size now, @Gloves needs money to get his games graded.

Yeah the options at this time are to subscribe to the site for more space, or use an external tool like Imgur. The CIBs won't grade themselves, and we all know I'm all about that.

That said, I'm thinking I'll bump up the limits soonish. The cost of hosting the images has actually gone down since I implemented the move to AWS. So if you don't wanna sub maybe just wait a bit for that update. You'll eventually run out again, mind you, but it's something I'm always keeping an eye on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:21 AM, Gloves said:

Yeah the options at this time are to subscribe to the site for more space, or use an external tool like Imgur. The CIBs won't grade themselves, and we all know I'm all about that.

That said, I'm thinking I'll bump up the limits soonish. The cost of hosting the images has actually gone down since I implemented the move to AWS. So if you don't wanna sub maybe just wait a bit for that update. You'll eventually run out again, mind you, but it's something I'm always keeping an eye on.

Goddamn it, subscribe to VGS you cheap sons of bitches, fucks sake. 🙄

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gloves said:

Did you get the cleanup service on Star Wars? Or was that sticker residue (by the look of it) always there and left as-is?

I typically remove all stickers myself but this one slipped through. I did pay for light cleaning but that doesn't involve sticker removal I don't believe.

• Thanks 1

Neat.

10 hours ago, mlbfan10 said:

I typically remove all stickers myself but this one slipped through. I did pay for light cleaning but that doesn't involve sticker removal I don't believe.

Interesting. Are we talking about the white looking square type sticker looking deal over the N64 logo?

I'm just genuinely curious when I ask this... as I don't know shit about the actual grading process, so my apologies as I'm not trying to be rude. 

How can it still be given a 9.2? 

I mean.... to me a sticker would not be awesome and would bring the rating down quite a bit.

Maybe it doesn't matter THAT much? Just seems to me a sticker being on the front and being given a 9.2 doesn't leave much room for other games to be higher. 

Am I dumb and the only thing being rated is the actual seal and box? 

I mean... I figured glue and stickers would be taken into account too.... but maybe not 😳

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 10:01 AM, AirVillain said:

Neat.

Interesting. Are we talking about the white looking square type sticker looking deal over the N64 logo?

I'm just genuinely curious when I ask this... as I don't know shit about the actual grading process, so my apologies as I'm not trying to be rude. 

How can it still be given a 9.2? 

I mean.... to me a sticker would not be awesome and would bring the rating down quite a bit.

Maybe it doesn't matter THAT much? Just seems to me a sticker being on the front and being given a 9.2 doesn't leave much room for other games to be higher. 

Am I dumb and the only thing being rated is the actual seal and box? 

I mean... I figured glue and stickers would be taken into account too.... but maybe not 😳

Well,  the box itself got a 9.2, which really isn't that high. The A+ for the seal would be the odd part. If they were going to detract for that, it would reflect in the letter grade.