IGNORED

Amiibos... Boxed vs. Freed

Fleck586

So, I'm at a loss. I have been collecting amiibos from the beginning and probably 2/3 of them are still boxed. The problem is I just don't have space for them and I'd kinda like to use them. Funny enough, my wife (who hates these things lol!) is making me think there should be some market for the boxes if I open them nicely. I have scoured Ebay and, while there are some boxes that seem like they hold their value, I just wonder if the time it takes to preserve them is really worth it. Give me some feedback. What do you guys think?

I had at the time of my selling of them a full, boxed collection. And omg was it so much space. in retrospect opened would have been much better/space saving lol. I been trying to make it a habit to be less of a hoarder and when I buy or get something (Such as a pop or amiibo) to actually take it out the box. I may pick up a few more in the future, of just the characters I want instead of everything, but right now im kinda happy to be free from their grasp

I'm about half and half, some open some not like my Cloud and Bayonetta P1/P2 set and gold Shovel Knight (have the OG one open already) All my Zelda related one I have are open, then 1st issue Shulk, Little Mac, Pit, Dark Pit I have not opened yet. All in all I think being loose and on the shelf looks much better than boxed anyway.  

Events Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, Fleck586 said:

I went ahead and opened a bunch of them last night and I don't regret it. I just don't have the space. I am keeping some of them boxed for now, though. I can't ever see my self selling, but you never know. So the ones that are valued pretty high are staying in their boxes.

The ones that do actually hold some value are perfectly fine to keep boxed, but I am glad to welcome you to our open-box kind 🙂