IGNORED

Your Most Hated Game Character

DarkTone

Snake.

There are many games I don't like but I still like the characters: Kirby, Megaman, Pokemon, etc. Those characters still have cool powers or do cool things...Snake, though, is so vanilla...Duke Nukem or the Master Chief, go in gun blazing; snake just a little guy that waits until the guard takes a nap to steal a map...meh

From a character standpoint, not annoying enemies...

Navi, "Hey! Listen!" No, I don't want to listen, I just want you to go away and stop bothering me! Never did complete Zelda Ocarina of Time, not because of Navi though she didn't help matters but because I just couldn't get into it.

Mario from Super Mario 64 onward. I've hated this character since then. He tries to be too cute and I can't stand all the Woo, wooh, wah, yippie every time I friggin jump! The only sound I ever liked that he made was when he died, I'm like good you stupid bastard.

Crash Bandicoot now. I never minded the character a long time ago on the original Playstation but it was when they tried to make him ever more cool and failed that I hated him and his games.

Characters that try to hard to be cool or cute, of course end up failing and being annoying or douchebags, which happen to be in too much abundance thus in hating them I have a hard time enjoying the game, connect begins with the character.

I used to hate Sonic the Hedgehog but he's actually cool. I used to hate Zero from the Megaman X games. At the time I thought those characters to be too much hype in the try to act cool sense, but there's so much worse now, they just had a little bit of attitude but aside from Zero's ridiculously unnecessary long hair, they aren't badly designed. Been a lot of copycats since Sonic but none come close to achieving genuine bad assness, they all try too hard instead of doing their own thing. And since mentioning Megaman X, his original design was cool, still much like the original Megaman, but more details, but then every new game his got a new and more ridiculous looking armor, even used a Dustbuster at one point for an arm cannon. It's the same when I think about Dragon Ball Z, love Goku as a character but then comes along the blonde hair which somehow says he is even more powerful, okay, fine I can deal with that, but then next upgrade, the hair is now longer, and next, let's change the color again, and it starts to feel stupid. Nothing wrong with the original, he was cool without having to try to look cool.

Dante from the Devil May Cry games. Now I've only briefly tried these games out so no comment on that the games might actually play well or not, but as a character design standpoint he's just horrible, though I don't mind the DMC redesigned version. He feels like a copycat among many others that plays at the whole cool thing with the outfit choice and the hair. For some reason the white hair turned into a thing, you got white hair you're one of the badasses. I was okay with Alucard from Castlevania SotN but then once I saw Juste Belmont I was like, that is just horrible, seriously the dude looks like Alucard's little brother who is trying to be like him, thankful his game is really good, but still the character design is so uninspired and generic.

Female character that try to hard at being tough are sometimes annoying, especially worse is if they are scantily clad, I can't take these kind of characters seriously, they are just stupid and unnecessary. I like me some eye candy but it has to make sense. But men walking around with shirts or jackets opened with their chest exposed or female character with huge boobs with hardly anything but a dot or something covering the nipples are just the kind of characters that as much as they try to get attention it is the wrong kind, it's like, come on what's wrong with you, put some clothes on and show some respect to the gamer and yourself. Might be good to look at for some, but they just appear trashy, and made that way because the designers had nothing good to come up with so let's try to make them cool or sexy, yeah, that'll help sell the game! Like I played the demo for one of those Ninja Gaiden games on the 360 a while back, forget which one (think it was NG3 Razor's Edge), I used the female character and upon seeing her I was shaking my head and laughing my ass off, not so much the outfit alone, it's not as bad as some, it was everything about the character, and how they presented her, she was made with sex on the mind, and plays at being tough in the whole action segments, but with the cutesy noises and the, I dunno, she just didn't seem to fit in with everything that I was up against. Whatever happened to Irene Lew, she was a good character (I know, different Ninja Gaiden games).

• Like 2

Navi sucks, but Fi is even worse. Everything that made Navi annoying as hell, they amped it up x5 for Fi. I have no idea why. It’s really stupid. 

I came into this thread to say Tingle. I don’t think I really have to explain that, like Nickelback. Even people who like him, and there must be somebody, should understand that he fucking sucks. 

3 hours ago, MeganJoanne said:

Mario from Super Mario 64 onward. I've hated this character since then. He tries to be too cute and I can't stand all the Woo, wooh, wah, yippie every time I friggin jump! The only sound I ever liked that he made was when he died, I'm like good you stupid bastard.

Crash Bandicoot now. I never minded the character a long time ago on the original Playstation but it was when they tried to make him ever more cool and failed that I hated him and his games.

Characters that try to hard to be cool or cute, of course end up failing and being annoying or douchebags, which happen to be in too much abundance thus in hating them I have a hard time enjoying the game, connect begins with the character.

I am so with you on all of this. Charles Martinet Mario is so lame compared to Lou Albano Mario. I hate it! And when you try too hard to be cool, that is also crap, the 90s ads/ Sonic syndrome. 

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

They're great.

So are hammer brothers, lakitu, and angry suns. What, do you want enemies in video games to not try to kill you?

True. I want enemies in games to do their best to kill me. Although some enemies and their attacks are cheap enough to be aggravating.

23 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Arremers are kinda the newbie bridge of GnG. There's a trick to beating them, in fact there are a few tricks. But yeah, if you don't know them, I can see them being aggravating.

Yeah. Ghosts n Goblins is full of aggravating enemies, not just the Arremers. They're the introduction.

I'd rather play Ghouls n Ghosts.

7 minutes ago, Hangoin said:

That's witchcraft! Tell me your secrets!

1. Ideally you want to beat them before they start moving, this is only doable for some of the arremers that start out sitting on the ground (such as the one on stage 1). You need to jump and land a certain distance from them, not too far away, and then spam your attack at them (ideally the dagger, but lance works) before they get to take off. This will partially stunlock them, getting in enough attacks to kill them before they get out. To spam attacks faster, constantly switch between tapping the attack button and moving forward to cancel the attack "cooldown". The last part is useful for several bosses, too, as well as the ogres/pig men.

2. If you do get into a fight with them, don't try to go aggressive on them. You can attack them to force them away from you, but you probably won't connect. Instead wait for them to land on the ground and walk back and forth a few times. After a while they'll rush straight at you, which is where you want to spam attacks at them, since they won't ever dodge while doing this. This is very similar to how you deal with them in Super Ghouls n Ghosts.

In general each arremer in the game is different due to their placement, and practice usually finds a way to consistently deal with each of them. The one at the halfway point of stage 3 took me a while to grasp. Basically I always start by walking right under him as he flies in.

Edited by Sumez
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sumez said:

1. Ideally you want to beat them before they start moving, this is only doable for some of the arremers that start out sitting on the ground (such as the one on stage 1). You need to jump and land a certain distance from them, not too far away, and then spam your attack at them (ideally the dagger, but lance works) before they get to take off. This will partially stunlock them, getting in enough attacks to kill them before they get out. To spam attacks faster, constantly switch between tapping the attack button and moving forward to cancel the attack "cooldown". The last part is useful for several bosses, too, as well as the ogres/pig men.

2. If you do get into a fight with them, don't try to go aggressive on them. You can attack them to force them away from you, but you probably won't connect. Instead wait for them to land on the ground and walk back and forth a few times. After a while they'll rush straight at you, which is where you want to spam attacks at them, since they won't ever dodge while doing this. This is very similar to how you deal with them in Super Ghouls n Ghosts.

In general each arremer in the game is different due to their placement, and practice usually finds a way to consistently deal with each of them. The one at the halfway point of stage 3 took me a while to grasp. Basically I always start by walking right under him as he flies in.

Have you beaten Ghost and Goblins?

This assclown. There are a lot of characters that I hate in Skyrim, probably far more than any game, but this guy takes the cake. Cicero. So many times I wished I could kill this clown but the game never allows it because he's special, yeah like every unlikable character.

Spoiler

Unless you join the Dark Brotherhood and finish the whole faction and choose to go after him, which I did, but dammit, I want to kill him the moment I see him and his mother at the broke down wagon.

image.thumb.png.6bdb27d488b2c84a9bd7013ad675628a.png