IGNORED

Your Most Hated Game Character

DarkTone

Who have you got? Who's the best at being the worst?

Mine has to be Big the Cat. He brings nothing to the stories and games hes in. Special mention to Loki from Bayonetta, for the same reason. 

I've heard theres hate for Baby Mario and Navi, but barely played the games to notice. 

Who's yours?

I don't really have hate for Navi but I more than once told her to shut-up because of the way Nintendo forced her to interrupt your gameplay.  She was helpful from time to time and as a story element, she wasn't a bad addition. I see that as less hate for the character and more hate for the mechanic.

I still haven't gotten more than 20 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2... I partially blame Tora, along with his pseudo-driver. Ugh, I don't like them as a pair.

I'm also not a fan of the style of voicing that female Japanese voice actors use for anime, which is how they sound in games.  On some titles, some of the female actors for the English versions have mimicked that specific tone and style and I can't stand it.  No hate on Japan or their culture but it's a difference and it personally annoys me.  It sounds whiny and annoying.

spacer.png

Ashley Gram from Resident Evil 4 only knew two words, didn't know how to avoid bear traps, and call you a perv in the middle of a gun fight when you get knocked down. I'm honestly shocked how she didn't ruin RE4.

Oh and my wife will shout "Leeeeooon HEEEELLLP" in an anoying high pitch voice now. 😤

• Haha 1

Hate is such a strong word....

But Navi from OOT was the first one to come to mind.  Not only does she bother you a lot but the annoying "Hey!" jingle is repetitive too.

I'll also nominate this guy.  I hate water levels in games in general and this damn dude always seems to find a way to bounce into you.

Blooper-Mario-Kart-7-Game-Art.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

Who have you got? Who's the best at being the worst?

Mine has to be Big the Cat. He brings nothing to the stories and games hes in. Special mention to Loki from Bayonetta, for the same reason. 

I've heard theres hate for Baby Mario and Navi, but barely played the games to notice. 

Who's yours?

I've gotta throw in my vote for Big the Cat. Bastard made full-clearing Sonic Adventure a lesson in boredom. Slow-paced fishing in a Sonic game? Screw you, Big!

• Like 1

Tandi in the first Fallout game is super annoying. Especially after you rescue her and she's in your party trying to knife shit.

Ian can also be a pain if you give him a burst weapon. He's more likely to shoot you than the enormous deathclaw standing several yards away.

Mao from Disgaea 3. Hands down. Look at this image and tell me that you can't hear the annoying:

306554.jpg

Dishonorable mentions:

• Raspberyl - Disgaea 3.
  • Tierno and Trevor - Pokemon X/Y
  • Luca - Ar Tonelico II
  • Hope - Final Fantasy XIII
  • Most Atelier game protagonists, especially Sophie. She literally says "At-lee-er." THE WORD IS IN THE DAMN GAME TITLE SAY IT RIGHT!!!
  • The entire cast of FF VIII
  • Natalya - GoldenEye 007
  • Baby Mario in SMW 2: Yoshi's Island.
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Crash fucking Bandicoot.

Everything about him is terrible. It's like they intentionally designed him just to be annoying. Why does he have fans? Does he have any fans that weren't kids when the first games came out?

I still like the first games and I wasn't a kid when they came out. They're fun. Other than being very derivative the character is fine.

53 minutes ago, RH said:

Woah, woah, woah.  Let's all calm down a bit. This might be taking this conversation to far. How can you not like Yoshi?  I'll give you being "indifferent" towards him, but hate? Hate?!

Lol. Ready for a story? 😁

smw/yoshi cookie. Super Nintendo was new. I didn’t have one but a guy I know... so my first experience with yoshi was at his house playing smw. I’m a SMB3 die hard at this point in my 7-8 year life. “What the hell is this little green dinosaur?”. Idk not a fan at first. Top with everybody raving about how cute and awesome yoshi is. Pppfff stupid dinosaur sucks. “Why is Mario riding a vehicle!!! He flys with a raccoon tail not a cape!” The physics of the cape flying I hate to this day. There not just a green yoshi there a yellow one, blue one, red one... i don’t like smw at 7-8 years old. 

so I’m still running the ole reliable NES. I get yoshi cookie for Christmas.....yoshi has no chance at me liking him. The hate begins to build.

super Mario kart. There that fucker is again. Refueling all the yoshi fanboys. The hate builds even more. 

smw2. At this point I’ve never gotten past vanilla dome. And the sequel to that is a big fucking yoshi slurp fest.

fuck yoshi. Lol.

• Like 1