IGNORED

Your Most Hated Game Character

DarkTone

Graphics Team · Posted

I distinctly remember being annoyed by the swamp/fish-monster enemies in Astyanax (NES). They weren't so bad in small doses, but there were certain stages where it felt like there were a million of them. They would leap out of the water up to 3 at a time , respawning as the screen scrolled, slowly depleting my life-bar whenever my attack-timing was just a bit off. Frustrating.

-CasualCart

No one has mentioned Bubsy?! Bubsy. There isn't a single Bubsy game I would call good. His voice lines are annoying, his looks are annoying and his controls are annoying. Another flopped fur mascot wannabe but he even made a comeback... annoying^2. I'm sorry for bringing this up in case he had slipped into the sweet abyss of your memory hole never to be dug out. 

Bubsy.png

• Like 2

Anyone ever play Enchanted Arms? The main character in that game (Atsuma) is a total doofus. You'd think that going on a long quest to save the world, along the way the character would grow and develop, but no. He stays a doofus the whole time. The other characters are constantly picking on him for being a doofus, all the way to the end of the game. No vindication at the end, no learning from anything that happens throughout the story, just a doofus who somehow saves the world, despite almost screwing it up several times. Stupid, dumb, I hate him.

Side note: From Software made that game. I really disliked everything they did for a long time. I find it interesting that they spent a decade and a half making obscure games that nobody played and weren't much fun, and now (since Dark Souls, obviously) everybody loves them. Eh, whatever.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

I just realized that the OP meant this thread to be about worst video game protagonists, and not enemies, haha! Still happy to know I'm not the only goof that were naming enemies all along.

So now that I get what this thread is about, I'm going with this guy : Luigi.jpeg.6c463c89d7eac92102921398411005ca.jpeg

He is absolutely lame in every games he appears, and when he had the chance to get his spotlight in Luigi's Mansion, he's being a whiny coward all the way through! Boo Luigi!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...