IGNORED

Your Most Hated Game Character

DarkTone

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm surprised that Mike Tyson hasn't gotten a mention yet with those stupid one hit knockdown uppercuts.

spacer.png

That’s because I make Kid Dynamite my bitch 👊

Also Mr Dream is harder due to the poor color contrast of the flash against the ring color

Edited by MachineCode
Adding to it.

10 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

Also Mr Dream is harder due to the poor color contrast of the flash against the ring color

I thought about Mr. Dream since I think he is more difficult because he doesn't telegraph his uppercuts as clearly like you said, but I figured more people could relate to wearing out the reset button on their NES as a kid trying to beat Tyson.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

8 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

And I thought it was all in my head that Mr Dream was harder to beat than Tyson!   It took me a little while, even though I could walk through Tyson no problem at that point.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

And I thought it was all in my head that Mr Dream was harder to beat than Tyson!   It took me a little while, even though I could walk through Tyson no problem at that point.

I've only fought Mr. Dream on the virtual console and the NES classic so that slight bit of lag doesn't make it any easier.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Oh, fuck the NES Classic.   I might as well play blindfolded.

I can get a first round TKO on Tyson about 1 in 3 times on an actual cart, but I've only been able to TKO Mr. Dream in the first round three times on the NES classic. Most times I just have to settle for an early second round win.

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Macho's spin punch annoys me a lot more. Worst punch to dodge in the game, IMO.

For whatever reason, Super Macho Man never gave me much trouble even as a kid, but I didn't beat Tyson for the first time until my early 20s. I made it through all three rounds for the first time and ended up winning by decision. I couldn't believe it and just stood there stunned.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

For whatever reason, Super Macho Man never gave me much trouble even as a kid, but I didn't beat Tyson for the first time until my early 20s. I made it through all three rounds for the first time and ended up winning by decision. I couldn't believe it and just stood there stunned.

I could beat Tyson as a kid. I played a lot of MTPO. I don't remember Macho giving me that much trouble as a kid, but his spin punch annoys me now.

2 hours ago, RH said:

When you first posted this question, I couldn't pull it out of my brain but I knew there was something from the NES era I absolutely loathed.  Got it!

Adventures+of+Lolo++Enemy+Medusa.png

That thing is such an evil enemy. They could induce such rage in my 8-10 year old self.

Not just rage. The sudden shock of getting hit when you thought you were safe, and THEN the rage.