IGNORED

Song Debate #1: Stairway to Heaven

Rate it  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Among the best.
    • 8/10 - Great song. You'll recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - Competing with Lil Xan and Blood on the Dance Floor

16 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I was going to give it an 8 and as I was thinking about what I would say I threw the song on.  From the solo break to the end of the song it’s a banger no matter how many times I’ve heard it.  That guitar solo is tasty as fuck and one of the greatest rock and roll solos ever written.  9.

….and as we wind on down the road!

• Agree 1

7/10. Zeppelin took me a long time to appreciate, as the high pitched vocals always sat wrong with me. But you can't help but appreciate the guitar work. It has been played to death, but it's still a solid song to listen to in a vacuum. 

as for best versions, this is my favorite:

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

New poll question: will @Estil vote for the first time ever instead of just posting unrelated YouTube clips?

I thought I did vote a few times...I guess for this one you want me to vote on the original or on Heart's version?

Came to post a Wayne's World gif. It might be worth a 7 or 8 to me, but the overplayed syndrome that affects all of Led Zeppelin's hits (through no fault of their own) takes it down to a 5. Boring radio DJs have killed the entire band for me.

7 minutes ago, Link said:

Came to post a Wayne's World gif. It might be worth a 7 or 8 to me, but the overplayed syndrome that affects all of Led Zeppelin's hits (through no fault of their own) takes it down to a 5. Boring radio DJs have killed the entire band for me.

I haven't bothered with any sort of radio for well over 10-15 years...why should I when I can play most any song/video I want on YouTube (plus I got a nice collection of downloaded music videos) and Music Choice has a bunch of different genres to pick from.

2 hours ago, Estil said:

I haven't bothered with any sort of radio for well over 10-15 years...why should I when I can play most any song/video I want on YouTube (plus I got a nice collection of downloaded music videos) and Music Choice has a bunch of different genres to pick from.

This already happened many years ago. And sometimes I hear music from places that aren't my desktop computer, like a rental truck.

51 minutes ago, Link said:

This already happened many years ago. And sometimes I hear music from places that aren't my desktop computer, like a rental truck.

I have to assume that classic rock radio is still the same handful songs they always played on repeat 10+ years ago.  Jesus h crist there are other Rush songs than Tom Sawyer.  Or is classic rock like 90s tunes now and my classic rock is golden oldies?

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Agree 1