IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 665/677

23 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

This is why you're a fighter pilot and I am not.

AOZT83s.png

What, you can't read that?

It clearly says:

ADVISORY
READ BEFORE USING YOUR NES
Â̶̙ ̸̉͜v̵͓̊e̶͎̓r̵̺̅y̵̩̋ ̶̟̋s̸̪͋m̴̨͌a̸͎̾l̴̪͊l̶̞̽ ̴̺̂p̶̰̅ó̸̗r̶̖̓t̵̨̕i̴̟͐o̸͖̔n̶̹̉ ̴̥̍ö̴̭́f̸̣̀ ̶̺͠t̸͍͌ḧ̷̝́e̷̝͋ ̷̝̓p̶̊ͅö̵̪́p̸͈̅ǘ̸̧l̴͍̑a̷̟̕t̶̹͋ȋ̸͕o̵̼͊n̸̦͒ ̵͔͑ṃ̶̈́a̸̮̽y̸̞̓ ̵͔̋e̷̫͌x̷̫̚p̵̨̄e̴̖̚r̸̦͐i̵̟̕ḙ̵̓n̷̢͐c̴̛͙e̸̯̕ ̸̰̚ê̶͍ṗ̴̪i̴̹͝l̷̙̅e̷͖̕p̵͉͝t̶̘̅i̶̦͘c̶͙̿ ̷̰͑s̷̲̈e̶͇̒ỉ̶̩z̸͇͂u̴̝̎r̷̛̬è̷̢s̷͉̚ ̴̗̾w̸̹̋h̴̻̀e̶̲̕n̴̥̚ ̴̻̈v̶͇̾i̷͚̊e̵͚̚w̴̙͠ȉ̶̘n̴̺̓g̷̰̔ ̵͇̈c̵̫̏e̶̛̼r̶͋͜ṫ̵͍a̶̪͑i̶̘͊n̵̄ͅ ̸͓͝k̸͚͝ì̵͜n̸̠̽d̶̪̓s̶̩̽ ̵̢̃o̴͎͐f̶̤͐ ̴̣͌f̷̞͐l̷͎̉a̵̮̽s̵̨̄ḧ̵̢́ĭ̴̹n̸̫̋ḡ̸͍ ̸̠̊ḻ̴͝i̵̮͠g̴̱̃h̷̩͗t̸̘͊ș̴̈́ ̵̬̊ő̶̟ŕ̶̡ ̵̬̿p̵͉̈́ả̷̱t̷͖͒ẗ̵̤́ẹ̶͂r̶̹̀n̷̝̚ṡ̶͖ ̸̤̌t̷̼̏h̷̻̓ȁ̷̠t̶̙̓ ̸͚̈a̴̅ͅr̶̲̾è̵̜ ̵̗̒c̷̠̈o̶̖͗m̸͊ͅm̸͓̉o̶̱̾ǹ̴̖l̷͎̔ỳ̷̗ ̸͈͐p̵̫͐ȑ̶̻e̸̦͐s̸͔̽e̴̳͗n̴̻͗t̴̳͊ ̵̲̊i̶̩̅n̴͂ͅ ̷̘̽o̶̫̕ǘ̵͇r̶̪̀ ̴̧͒d̶̬̋a̷̬̍ḭ̴̎l̷̙͠y̶̟͝ ̶̧̀e̵̳͒n̷̜͆v̷̘̽i̶̥͠r̵̙͂ọ̶̈́ṋ̴̀m̴̝̕ê̴̙n̶͓̏t̸͓̕.̸̲̀ ̷͖̚T̶̝͠h̷̥̍e̶͔͗s̴͇̕e̸̹̚ ̶̞̉p̶̯̀e̸͉̐ŕ̸̻s̷͕̐o̷̼̊ń̴̙s̵̬̆ ̶̦͛m̸̬̈́a̸̗̍y̶̢͋ ̷͕̀è̷͉x̵̡̑p̴̢̛e̸̲͝r̷̢̔i̵̖̚ḙ̸̓ṇ̴͆c̵̢͐ḛ̸̿ ̸͉̓s̸̥̾ẻ̴̲i̷̡͂z̷͚̈́u̶͙͝r̸̺̊ẻ̸̻s̶̬̅ ̶̧̒w̴͔̒ḫ̶͑i̷̜̾ľ̵̤e̶̫̔ ̸̹̀ẃ̷͓a̵̬̓ṭ̷̑c̸̦̆h̵̼̃i̶͔̋ṋ̵͆g̶͉̏ ̵͓͒s̴̥͐o̸̜̓m̴͕̈́ẽ̸̼ ̷̳͠k̴͚̋ï̶͓ň̴̪d̷̺̈s̶̞̆ ̷͓̊ō̷̧f̴̺̍ ̷̘͂t̶̛̘e̸͔̕l̵̹̎e̶̜̒v̶͓̿i̷̯̓s̵̬̏i̶͚̓ǫ̴͛ǹ̵͖ ̷̰̌p̵̬͊i̴͑͜c̶̹͑t̵̜́u̶̬̚ŕ̵͇ė̷̫ṣ̵͐ ̶̘͐o̸̼͘r̶̍͜ ̵͙̆p̸̝͐l̷͎̀â̶͎y̷̗͊i̶͚͘n̸͚͋g̷̬͋ ̷̨͂č̵̯e̴̟͝r̷͙̍t̸̩̋a̵̹̒ị̶̂ṇ̵́ ̴͎͒v̴̩̊ḯ̸͍d̴̹͘e̵̘͑o̸̝͗ ̷͇̇g̴̭̈à̷͉m̶̖̌e̵̩̊s̵̪͛.̸̜̿ ̸̬͗P̸̖͊l̸̖̕a̸̯̕y̷̰̽e̸̯̓ȑ̷̻ś̸̲ ̶̞͐ẁ̸͚h̸̳͝o̸̗̽ ̷̮̕h̶͖̆a̵̼͆v̴̖̔è̶͇ ̷̹͐n̵̡͠ò̷̙t̴̩͌ ̴̳̋h̶͉̾a̴̡͋d̸̬͗ ̶͖̐a̷̪͊n̸̜̒y̶̦͛ ̵̫̌p̶̮͊r̷͖̒é̸͍v̵̮͌i̸̭̔ő̷̪ű̵̝s̷̹͆ ̵͇̈ś̵̖e̶͓̐ǐ̵̖z̴͖̆u̴͖͗r̴̹͝e̸̦͝s̷̮͂ ̸̗̋m̸̞̋ȁ̶̺y̴̟̐ ̵̡̕n̶̰͑ȯ̸̙n̸̗͝e̵̅ͅt̷͕̐h̴̫̉e̵͇͊l̴̼̂è̶̡s̶̗͆ŝ̷͉ ̴̭̈h̸̞̐à̴̢v̸̨͆e̶̻͒ ̶̨͒a̴̹̽ņ̸͒ ̴͚̈́ṵ̴̽n̴͍͝d̸̝̀e̶̲̔t̵͖̽ê̸͜c̵̩̚t̷̨͊e̷̦̔d̶͉͆ ̸̏͜ẹ̵̊p̸̟̈́i̵̟̕l̶̢̏ẽ̸̪p̷͙̈́ť̶̹ị̷̐č̴̟ ̴̪̒c̵̤̚o̵̞͠ń̵͚d̷̡̊i̶̳̓t̷̉͜ỉ̴̖o̶̭̊n̷̩̔.̵͇̊ ̵̛͎W̶̖͝e̷̫̾ ̸̱͐s̷̭̿u̷͔͛g̶͕͝g̶͎̉ĕ̸̟ș̷͗ț̵̍ ̵̮̃t̶͖̄ḩ̵̀ȁ̷̹ẗ̸̗́ ̵̲̾y̴̧͋o̷̞͘ṳ̸͝ ̸̠̒c̴͚̈́ö̴̝ṋ̴͂s̶͌ͅu̷͓͋l̵̃͜t̷͎̉ ̷̟͊ý̶̥ō̴̮ų̴̌r̸̹̋ ̸̠̅p̷̹͗h̵̞̎y̷͇͑s̸͚̀i̵̛̯c̵̨̾ï̴̗a̴̮̚n̸͙̄ ̶͎͛ḯ̴̞f̴̠̿ ̸̖̈́y̸̤̆ö̷͍ű̴̱ ̴̣̒ḧ̸͓a̴͓͝v̵̡̚è̶͈ ̴̞̈́a̷͕̿ǹ̸̮ ̴͕͗e̵͍͘p̷̨̈i̵͓͌ĺ̵̖e̶̤̅p̸̯̄t̵̬̓i̷̠̒ç̴͆ ̶̹͗ĉ̷̣ọ̵͆n̶̤͑d̶̢͋i̸̬͋ṱ̸̉i̶̼̓o̸̟̒n̵̠̿ ̴͉̀o̸̲͘r̴̭̕ ̸͉͝i̸͎͝f̴̫͘ ̶̜͝y̸̗͒o̵͔̐u̶͎͋ ̷͕̌e̸̜͆x̸͉̏p̶̳͊è̶̲r̶̠̄ȉ̶ͅe̴̺̐ň̴̻ċ̴̪ȩ̶̐ ̵͉̃a̴͊ͅn̸͈̂ỷ̸͜ ̷̚͜o̴͙̓f̴͙͛ ̸̖̋t̴̥̓h̷̦͛e̵̥̅ ̷̥́f̷̺̚ö̷͖́l̵͙̀l̷͇̀o̶̮͠w̶͖̏i̶̪̔n̸̩̏ḡ̶̠ ̵̫͂s̴̠̍y̸͖͆m̵͉͘p̴̙͊t̵̖̕ȏ̵͚m̷̧̆ş̵̂ ̵̤̿w̴̺͆h̵̗̐î̵̲l̷͍̉ḛ̵́ ̷̘͠ṕ̴̬l̷̥̀a̴̹͗y̶̏͜ḭ̸͝n̶͉̈́ĝ̴̳ ̶̯̅v̵̹͂i̴̱̽d̶̰̑e̶̥͝o̶͎͌ ̷͓̂g̴̝͝ȁ̶͔m̸̗̕é̴̙s̶̡̈́:̸̞͘ ̶̡̆ạ̷̔l̴̰̆t̸͈̂e̷̗̓ṛ̸̓ē̴̻d̶̞̋ ̵̫͗v̴̤͑i̸͚͝s̵̆͜i̷̜̾o̷̯̓n̸̰͐,̶̜̎ ̴͔̽m̴͉͝û̴͈s̴̺̚c̶̟͛l̷͕͑ḛ̵̅ ̴̹̿t̶̠̃ẘ̶͔i̶͓̓t̸̖̀c̴̲͆h̵͂ͅį̸̑n̴͇̋g̶̗͘,̷̜͗ ̶̳̄o̶̡͆t̸̨̋h̵̞̓e̶̳̅r̵̺̐ ̴̤͝î̸̮ǹ̸̹v̶̼͐o̶͔̓l̸̞̒u̴̹̚n̶̩͆ẗ̸̬́ä̷̤́r̸̤͠y̴̯͋ ̴̝͗m̷͖̈́o̸͚̐v̷̞̒ë̴͔m̶̤̓e̶̖͛n̶̹̾t̴͆͜s̸̬̆,̷̞̍ ̵̫̑ĺ̵͉o̷̻̅s̷̪̾s̵̼̏ ̵̱̊ò̸̪f̵͔̈́ ̴̗͘a̵̼͋w̸̝͆a̷̲̽r̶͑͜é̶̞n̷̠̾è̷̬s̶̖͊s̸͔̀ ̴̧͐o̴̬͆f̵̙̾ ̶̭̇y̴̫̋o̵̙͛û̴̞r̸̛̦ ̴͈͑s̶̡̀u̴̺͝r̵̞̀ȑ̸̺o̷̠͝ú̸̟n̵̍ͅd̶̜͑i̷̓ͅn̴̘͌g̸͖̀s̷̗͒,̴͔̒ ̶́ͅm̸̟̏e̷̤͆ṅ̵̪t̶̥̚á̷͕l̸̙̊ ̵̺̏c̶̯̒o̶͔͠n̸̘̾f̶̲͋u̵͓͛s̴̨̈ḯ̴̳ö̴͚n̸̢̆,̸͖̉ ̷̦̎a̸͔̅n̴̟͐d̸̼͆/̴̭̈o̷͈͂r̷͕̃ ̸̧͊c̷̦̋o̵̗͊n̵̹̈v̶̱̾u̵̹͠l̶̖͘s̷͖̍i̴͆͜ỏ̵͙ň̶͖s̷͕̾.̶̝̓

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Motor City Patrol is done

76LaiaO.png

All you need to do in this game is collect the 16 items on each map then wait out the timer, since this essentially resets your lives every day. Patrolling criminals is an extremely exhausting waste of time. You can't game over in a single day, even if every criminal escapes. This makes the game much faster to complete too since you don't have to keep bringing up the map.

This game shouldn't be a stick in the mud, it's a freebie. I beat it in 2 minute spurts over 3-4 hours while multitasking, the vast majority being dead time waiting for the timer to run out.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 2

What are the other biggies left?  I know Ikari Warriors is one of them.  If that goes, I'll def do Mutant Virus.  I'll probably also do Ultimate Air Combat as it wasn't super hard (until the very end) but its LONG.  At least there are passwords.  I've been thinking about doing Dynatron City next.  I've beaten it before but remember hardly anything about it.

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

76LaiaO.png

All you need to do in this game is collect the 16 items on each map then wait out the timer, since this essentially resets your lives every day. Patrolling criminals is an extremely exhausting waste of time. You can't game over in a single day, even if every criminal escapes. This makes the game much faster to complete too since you don't have to keep bringing up the map.

This game shouldn't be a stick in the mud, it's a freebie. I beat it in 2 minute spurts over 3-4 hours while multitasking, the vast majority being dead time waiting for the timer to run out.

Thanks for the heads up.  Did you figure this out on your own or is it posted online somewhere?  I've never played this game before but I'm going to shortlist it for my personal list if it's that easy...

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

What are the other biggies left?  I know Ikari Warriors is one of them.  If that goes, I'll def do Mutant Virus.  I'll probably also do Ultimate Air Combat as it wasn't super hard (until the very end) but its LONG.  At least there are passwords.  I've been thinking about doing Dynatron City next.  I've beaten it before but remember hardly anything about it.

Ikari Warriors and Mutant Virus definitely seem to be in most folks' Top 10 lists for NES difficulty. Arkanoid, Bases Loaded I/II/4, Championship Pool, Dragon Power, High Speed, Kung Fu Heroes, Silkworm, Sky Kid, and Starship Hector all seem to be pretty daunting for one reason or another.

And honestly any other game with 4+ pain points on it should be a pretty good clue... except for Little Ninja Brothers. Is that one just too long for most people? I like that one, and might replay it this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Did you figure this out on your own or is it posted online somewhere?  I've never played this game before but I'm going to shortlist it for my personal list if it's that easy...

I figured it out while trying to calculate the minimum amount of criminals I actually had to catch because there was no way I was going to sit through that game catching all the speeders. The answer was zero (plus a few to repair the car at your leisure). I actually did end up catching every named criminal just for the cash, which isn't hard when you don't have to focus on the rest of the game, so don't quote me that losing in one day is impossible.

4 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

76LaiaO.png

This is incredibly good news because I've tried the intended method and it is a slog, plus quite difficult. I'd definitely like to knock this one out using this strategy, it's haunted me for a while after a few attempts. It was on my list to try to beat this year.

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

This is why you're a fighter pilot and I am not.

AOZT83s.png

I can barely make out some words/phrases. It looks like it's about the possibility of epileptic seizures in a very small percentage of the population.

EDIT: Wizard beat me to it!

Edited by mbd39

NES Open is done. Been a fun few evenings. Highlights included an albatross where I holed it out from 250, a hole in one, and 3 scores of 59. My last 59 wasnt good enough for first place though. CPU scores get stupid when you get to 800k or so, but -15 is the craziest Ive seen.  

20240129_233549.jpg

20240129_233639.jpg

• Like 1

Lolo 3 is done. I had to look up hints for a couple levels and the solution for the final level (it's insane no human could figure that out), but overall did better than most years in terms of spoilers. The game is very tough, bordering on the line of unfun for a couple levels. I prefer the earlier games, but this one is still good

20240130_042205.jpg

Can also back up @DefaultGen that Motor City Patrol isn't something to be scared of. You basically just have to keep driving in a circle on each map for nearly 4 hours to beat it. The monotony of just how boring it is is the only challenge. Don't ever fire your gun because you can lose very fast if you hit a civilian instead of your intended target. 

5 hours ago, Khromak said:

Lolo 3 is done. I had to look up hints for a couple levels and the solution for the final level (it's insane no human could figure that out), but overall did better than most years in terms of spoilers. The game is very tough, bordering on the line of unfun for a couple levels. I prefer the earlier games, but this one is still good

20240130_042205.jpg

Your thoughts on Lolo perfectly summarize it for me. There was a couple levels that drove me insane when I played and when I looked up solutions, I would have never figured out. I love the first two but three is just too tough in some spots. 

12 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Ikari Warriors and Mutant Virus definitely seem to be in most folks' Top 10 lists for NES difficulty. Arkanoid, Bases Loaded I/II/4, Championship Pool, Dragon Power, High Speed, Kung Fu Heroes, Silkworm, Sky Kid, and Starship Hector all seem to be pretty daunting for one reason or another.

And honestly any other game with 4+ pain points on it should be a pretty good clue... except for Little Ninja Brothers. Is that one just too long for most people? I like that one, and might replay it this year.

Ikari is definitely the hardest NES game I've beaten, even with glitches. Although, I never even managed to beat Sky Kid when I tried a few years ago. I put 5+ hours into it and still didn't feel like I was that close. Kung Fu Heroes isn't bad, because it's very short - you just need a bunch of attempts to get a lucky run. Little Ninja Bros is an rpg, a longer game, and a rarer game. All those things are working against it.

Yesterday was another good day for us, with Motor City Patrol, Klashball, and NES Open all going down!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2024 - 461/677

image.jpeg.783454028b48bc0ddb14f0bb6338d77a.jpeg

image.jpeg.2d5fa4f8ac04d40a0f9a88129d50fcf3.jpeg

Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters is complete. Normally I would play it on the NES, but decided to play it in TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection because it's been a little while since I've used the Switch. I did not use save states or the rewind feature (I've played through this game many times, and knew I could play through it again on the Switch). Also, I played it on hard difficulty because that is the only way to see the credits.

Edited by MegaMan52

Solstice is done. I normally really enjoy this game, but this time I was following a different guide and it had terrible advice for the last puzzle so I spent almost an hour trying to do his shitty strategy before I looked up another guide with much better advice. Guess I probably could've figured it out myself, but the isometric angle makes it hard to tell what you can and can't do. That last part is my review of the game too: I love the graphics and sound, the controls are tight, and the mechanics are fun, but the isometric angle that makes it so memorable also makes it really frustrating at points

20240130_162312.jpg

• Haha 1