IGNORED

Favorite games that you've never finished

Rhuno

On 11/11/2023 at 12:27 PM, Code Monkey said:

Chrono Trigger

I started it on an emulator around 2005 and then started again on the PSP (also emulator) around 2010. Both times got about halfway through and never finished. Then I bought a complete copy on eBay for $109 (remember those days?) with the intentions of getting to it eventually but then sold it recently for $800 before I even played it.

I'm hoping it comes out on Switch so I can actually play it all the way through.

Same game for me, never finished it, I always end up getting lost and losing interest in the prehistoric time.

I gotta sit down and actually beat it sometime, I wanna see the Antiquity period.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:39 PM, mbd39 said:

I loved Gran Turismo on PS1 but never beat it. I couldn't even earn all of the licenses because the challenges became too tough.

I got 100% on Gran Turismo 3 and then started on Gran Turismo 4. I went pretty hardcore doing the 24 hour races (24 hours real time) and was on my last one while we started moving out of one house and into another. For 8 days the only thing left in the old house was the projector, PlayStation 2 and a single chair. I sat there for hours day after day just going round and round until the very last day we had possession of the house and completed the race. I literally picked up the 3 items and walked out of the house.

• Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never actually completed River City Ransom for the NES, mainly because I haven't owned the cart in years 😆.

However...

On 11/21/2023 at 7:13 AM, Rhuno said:

I can officially take BattleToads off my list! 😄

image.jpeg.d8df7b0ecec07acc510019a8e73c0661.jpeg

...AWESOME work! This is still my crowning achievement on the NES, as well. I'm slowly working on Battletoads/Double Dragon next! Completing the original Battletoads on the NES is one hell of an achievement.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 11/11/2023 at 11:18 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

I've never beat the heart in Binding of Isaac.  And then there might be more final, final, final bosses?  I'm not even sure.

Some day I'll rally and go back

Well, what to you do know.  I just played it for the first time in 5 years, and beat Mom's heart on literally the 2nd run.  Got this floating angelic mask, and some helpers that use lasers and lightning... among other things.  Pretty much ran a train on that run.   Guess I got lucky.

Looked into it, and that does still leaves a bunch of secret post-game final final bosses.  Maybe some day.

6 hours ago, Link said:

I haven't finished most games, because I suck. 

Here are some where I got close:
Ittle Dew
Rayman Origins
BloodRayne
Alien Homind
Viewtiful Joe

Here are some where I did not:
any Metroid game
Guardian Legend
Crystalis
Geist
P.N.03

Damn you should be able to finish Super Metroid. It's not too tough and very generous with health and ammo refills and save points.

Difficult to say for sure without giving it more thought, but I've never finished Metroid Zero Mission despite really enjoying the game.  I've made it to the space pirate mothership on three different playthroughs, and yet I've never finished the game.  Other than the "telling you where to go" aspect of the game, I've always really enjoyed the game.  I need to finish it someday.  

Edit:  Another game that came to mind before I went to sleep was Rad Racer.  I loved that game back in the day and I still enjoy it today.  I never managed to  beat those later super difficult tracks.  

Edited by TDIRunner

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, G-type said:

Punch-Out! is one of my favorite NES games but the furthest I've ever made it was Mr. Sandman... I've used passwords to fight Macho Man and Tyson and never beaten them either...

I have virtually the same experience.  Though I did legit make it to Tyson exactly one time.  I got slaughtered of course.  That was probably 20 years ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G-type said:

Punch-Out! is one of my favorite NES games but the furthest I've ever made it was Mr. Sandman... I've used passwords to fight Macho Man and Tyson and never beaten them either...

I've gotten to Macho Man on multiple occasions but I've never beaten him. The prospect of trying to get the perfect timing down to beat Tyson doesn't exactly fill me with giddy anticipation.

• Like 1

Xenogears—not only my favorite game I never beat but regardless of that fact, it’s my favorite game of all time.

It’s one I’ve restarted multiple times but I just don’t have the time to dedicate to RPGs like I’d like, so I will likely never finish this one unless I try again in retirement.

There’s also SMB3.  I’ve beaten that one with a Game Genie as a kid but since it was cheating, I don’t count it.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here for Morrowind. I learned these weird things you can do to be super rich at the beginning though. Steal the masters alchemy set in Caldera then teleport to that wolverine hall or whatever it's called, and buy eggs and crab meat. The eggs and crab meat come back after you buy them. Then make potions, sell them to the skamp in caldera. Rinse and repeat, eventually you'll be so rich it'll be pointless playing the game. Which is what always happens to me when I play it. 

Final Fantasy 7. 

it is the only game where i've played a vast majority of the game and didn't want it to end. So i make it to Disc 3, unlock everything and do a bunch of grinding and powering up, and then decide not to play through the Crater.