IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Dr Mario

BeaIank

4 minutes ago, G-type said:

I don't understand what they did. Is this just some super lucky virus arrangement? Or does the game always give you this a possibility

I think this is some sort of overflow glitch that breaks the game when too many viruses are cleaned at once. This causes the game to just give you an insane amount of points and complete the level. I believe I heard an explanation about this a few years ago but cant find it now

4 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I think this is some sort of overflow glitch that breaks the game when too many viruses are cleaned at once. This causes the game to just give you an insane amount of points and complete the level. I believe I heard an explanation about this a few years ago but cant find it now

There is an explanation here:

https://www.speedrun.com/drmariones/guides/qoohi

Also, I would guess that performing the precise drop posted at the top of page 4 here would require one to be on level 20.

Personally I'm not quite at the level yet of trying to manipulate the program to this extent.  My best moment of the  week was on last night's last run (which crapped out shortly after), when I managed to build an arch of pills over a desired target and methodically remove the arches base to drop a multi-pill target portion for a six-pack of red viruses. 

Building such large structures is new to me as I've only played this game in the past for progress rather than score, but now that I've gotten into this thing of creating big drops I may get bit by the scoring bug at some point hereafter...

...who knows, I may need @RH's Mom to talk some sense into me a few weeks/months down the road.... 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RH said:

Sorry guys, I really hate that I didn’t get a participation score in.  I thought the rules were still set high when I tried so my rather low score was nullified and I just didn’t have time this week to try again.

It's a public Booting for you. 😉 

Just kidding, but seriously I like it when you join in wit da Playin' !

15 hours ago, BeaIank said:

I will update this all tomorrow with all the final results, but... life... huh... finds a way.

There is a long path ahead of me, but my dead left hand will no longer be needed after I master this.

This is Guilty Gear right? I feel sorry whatever happened to you but good to hear you start to get up like any fighter should. Maybe we will have a match 1 day and see who kicks ass more

Events Team · Posted

Final standings posted.

All hail the puzzle king @mbd39! He puzzled like no one else in 2023! For the champion, the laurels!

And @PII is our 2023 NES VGS WEEKLY CONTEST CHAMPION! HOORAY!

He put in a strong run in the last weeks to diminish Gloves massive lead and finally overtook him!

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned