IGNORED

hello from portland, oregon!

hi there,

i've started programming for retro consoles, starting with the nes. i'm using c, but hope to do some 6502 assembly at some point. as a kid i spent a lot of time with my family's atari 2600, and later with my own vic-20 and commodore 64.  spent many, many quarters in the arcades of the 80's. 

i'm enjoying doing homebrew, because it let's me program, design boxes/manuals/labels, solder (lol) and work on music too! 

my one person company is called shallow enigma, currently with only one product, LION Mancala.

i will probably develop another couple of board games for the nes, and then port them all to the atari 7800. then perhaps work on an arcade-style game of some sort.

i worked as a professional programmer for a number of decades, but am now retired. fortran,c,c++, smalltalk,java,and c# mostly. dos, windows, os/2, mac. i love unix, especially the command line and the way all the tools can fit together. emacs forever!

i'm amateur musician, playing keyboards (piano, organ) and guitar (electric,acoustic). 

i have a nes, a nes clone (gamerz tek 8 bit hd), a c64 clone (The C64 maxi), an atari 7800, an xbox 360, a wii, and an xbox series x.

i am excited to have been introduced to this forum, and look forward to participating.

😺

Edited by tabytha.stryker
left out words d'oh
  • Like 8

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Do you happen know know of VGS because of our crazy Homebrew crew and their work?  I'm not involved much with that side of the site but I know it got a lot of brewers and lovers of playing homebrew games.  Also happy to new blood on the forum.  Hope you stay and enjoy the other aspects of our community beyond homebrew.

I see you didn't mention where you are from.  Thoughts on Skyline Chili??

Way Cincinnati GIF by Skyline Chili

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 1:02 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Do you happen know know of VGS because of our crazy Homebrew crew and their work? 

I'm not involved much with that side of the site but I know it got a lot of brewers and lovers of playing homebrew games.  Also happy to new blood on the forum.  Hope you stay and enjoy the other aspects of our community beyond homebrew.

I see you didn't mention where you are from.  Thoughts on Skyline Chili??

I learned of this forum from Sean 🙂

I'm not famliar with Skyline, but would love if there were one here, as I love chilli!

I'm hailing from Portland, Oregon! We have lots of pizza and the fabulous McMenamins' chain of restaurants, many in historic buildings that otherwise would have been demolished...

Thank you for the warm welcome 😸

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, tabytha.stryker said:

I learned of this forum from Sean 🙂

I'm not famliar with Skyline, but would love if there were one here, as I love chilli!

I'm hailing from Portland, Oregon! We have lots of pizza and the fabulous McMenamins' chain of restaurants, many in historic buildings that otherwise would have been demolished...

Thank you for the warm welcome 😸

don't do it, your body will not thank you.....and it's yucky.....

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

did u reed the title?  😏

She could be a transplant.....that is totally why I asked..... don't you question my Skyline questioning.  Not everyone is as broken as you.  Not liking Skyline AND Grippo's.  Should have @Hybridadd you to his list of factory defects 😝

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

She could be a transplant.....that is totally why I asked..... don't you question my Skyline questioning.  Not everyone is as broken as you.  Not liking Skyline AND Grippo's.  Should have @Hybridadd you to his list of factory defects 😝

welcome to the site @tabytha.stryker, sorry to hijack the thread, but i am very anti skyline 😏.  Have a giant tenderloin instead, much better for your health 😉  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

You forgot to get an opinion on Izzy's reubens, Graeter's ice cream, LaRosa's pizza and Montgomery Inn ribs. 😂