IGNORED

What drug is Mario Wonder based on

phart010

While I am fascinated by the effects of psychedelic drugs, I have not actually tried them. I’m a pretty straight edge guy.

It is pretty obvious to me that the new mechanic in Super Mario Bros Wonder is a psychedelic trip. I have been wondering which drug it is intended to mimic. Is it LSD(acid), psilocybin (magical shrooms), DMT (ayahuasca)? None of the above??? 

Does anyone have any insights into this? How accurately does the the trippiness shown in the game resemble the type of thing you’d experience in real life?

Edited by phart010

Also feel obliged to say this: While they are fascinating, I do not condone the use of psychedelics. I am not recommending anyone try any of the above mentioned drugs. I am only asking those who have already tried in the past to reflect on their experiences.

Anyone that is keen to use psychedelics… There are valid uses for psychedelics as therapy for certain mental illnesses. These drugs can be used in therapeutic doses in a clinical setting while being overseen by professionals. Only use psychedelics while being administered by a professional 

Edited by phart010
  • Love 1

A more serious answer, what kind of trip you get from psychedelics I think varies with each episode. This isn’t necessarily from which particular drug you take, but depends on a lot of other factors such as:

- how much sleep you took the night before

- how much stress you feel

- any other chemicals being used at the same time? 

Granted I’ve never played Mario Wonder before and I’ve also never taken drugs before other than social alcohol/nicotine, so I might just be talking a load of bull dust. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to play this game now.... and do some shrooms. 🤔

But to try and answer the question, since I have not played the game and not done LSD or DMT, I can't really answer.

Other drugs I've tried, though. Fun ones.... not trippy ones that you can have a flashback if you take too much. So I stayed away from LSD. And DMT was after time partying time.

Mushrooms are great for chilling outside for an afternoon. If you can isolate yourself/with a few friends it can be a really crazy experience. I didn't hallucinate or anything, actually.... technically.... yeah, it wasn't as much a hallucination, but more of a shroom induced misunderstanding, which was also fun/hilarious. I also recall a few "interesting" things and one trip sitting beside a river in the mountains for the afternoon was very enlightening.

There are stores around here where you can just walk in and buy mushrooms. Pretty sweet but I haven't done it yet myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

I really want to play this game now.... and do some shrooms. 🤔

But to try and answer the question, since I have not played the game and not done LSD or DMT, I can't really answer.

Other drugs I've tried, though. Fun ones.... not trippy ones that you can have a flashback if you take too much. So I stayed away from LSD. And DMT was after time partying time.

Mushrooms are great for chilling outside for an afternoon. If you can isolate yourself/with a few friends it can be a really crazy experience. I didn't hallucinate or anything, actually.... technically.... yeah, it wasn't as much a hallucination, but more of a shroom induced misunderstanding, which was also fun/hilarious. I also recall a few "interesting" things and one trip sitting beside a river in the mountains for the afternoon was very enlightening.

There are stores around here where you can just walk in and buy mushrooms. Pretty sweet but I haven't done it yet myself. 

I often hear people describing how interesting observing nature becomes while under the influence of psilocybin. Things like looking at clouds, rows of trees, streams of water, fields of grass, etc

• Love 1

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

I often hear people describing how interesting observing nature becomes while under the influence of psilocybin. Things like looking at clouds, rows of trees, streams of water, fields of grass, etc

Yes, 100%. 

In nature just hanging out is the best place to do shrooms. If you have an afternoon in the forest/by a river, that would be optimal. 

My experience was a 10/10 recommend. But... you gotta be with the right people, in the right environment. Personally I spent like 5 hours beside a river which took like 20 minutes to walk to so it was unlikely anyone was coming by. So we just sat there and fucking CHILLED. Watched nature and got introspective about life. 

If you're with someone who's not cool or in an unfamiliar environment it probably isn't great. 

Plus, you have to give yourself the time. You can't just do shrooms and go on an hour walk and go back to "reality", or whatever that is for you.

This shit is a commitment. You need to be on your own, or a camping weekend, or something... 

The first time I was a teenager and did them with a friend before a birthday dinner out at a restaurant for another friend.  

My buddy was like "Hey, wanna do shrooms before we go to this dinner? It will be cool..." and I previously smoked a bit of weed with him (Before LOTR Two Towers) and was like "Sure. 🤷‍♂️"

So we did the shrooms at his place before going to the dinner. But.... we hung around this place for a bit because we "wanted them to kick in." and headed to the restaurant.

We walk in and join the group of people, but are sitting at the end of the table, facing eachother. Say hello to everyone and get through the start of dinner pretty good. 

But... sometime into the dinner we realize that no one at the table can hear us and no one is paying attention to us.  So we are having this conversation and watching the person at the table across from us completely on our own.

We are watching this lady, sitting on her own at a table for two... and the waitress keeps coming up to her, but she's not ordering food and she's not getting more drinks... just nothing. So we think she got stood up. Sad for her, we begin to think she's going to just leave.

Then... out of nowhere someone comes and sits with her and our WHOLE TABLE starts clapping and cheering so we're like "Finally.... they see it too... Yeah! Way to go lady... good work! We are very happy for you!" and clapping too. 

This lady kinda looks at us, because we're like 5 ft from her and we're clapping and excited for her..... but then we turn and look and see everyone at our table is clapping and cheering because the waitress brought a cake to our table for the birthday girl, who we were there having dinner with.... so we sit down and are like "yeah.... uhhh... Happy... Birthday!"  🤣

We didn't think it was too awkward, but it definitely was fucking trippy because even to this day I swear to god no one at the table could hear us or the conversation we were having about the lady sitting on her own. 😄

I've had shrooms in a few other settings (baseball tournaments, night out) and they're cool. The nature chilling with shrooms is much better, overall, though. Very introspective and "real". The other times are kinda trippy because I didn't really know what was going to happen, but nature is the best. 

Edited by AirVillain
  • Agree 1

On 9/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, phart010 said:

Also feel obliged to say this: While they are fascinating, I do not condone the use of psychedelics. I am not recommending anyone try any of the above mentioned drugs. I am only asking those who have already tried in the past to reflect on their experiences.

Anyone that is keen to use psychedelics… There are valid uses for psychedelics as therapy for certain mental illnesses. These drugs can be used in therapeutic doses in a clinical setting while being overseen by professionals. Only use psychedelics while being administered by a professional 

A lot of great music and art would not exist without psychedelics.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AirVillain said:

but it definitely was fucking trippy because even to this day I swear to god no one at the table could hear us or the conversation we were having about the lady sitting on her own. 😄

You guys were probably having the conversation in your heads... in each other's heads, that is...

• 2 weeks later...