IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

21 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I hope you weren't at the game this weekend. The Bearcats had the ball inside the red zone 8 times and only scored 24 points. They should've blown Miami out instead of losing for the first time since 2005. If they play like that next Saturday, Oklahoma might win by 50.

Seeing as how I live four hours away now, no.

The Fox Big Noon Kickoff is on campus at UC today for the Cincinnati/Oklahoma game and it looks like they already had a big crowd by 6 am. Hopefully the Bearcats don't do the typical Cincinnati sports thing and get blown out on national tv.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Fox Big Noon Kickoff is on campus at UC today for the Cincinnati/Oklahoma game and it looks like they already had a big crowd by 6 am. Hopefully the Bearcats don't do the typical Cincinnati sports thing and get blown out on national tv.

Baylor fan here - definitely pulling for the Bearcats today.  Gotta kick those jokers in the nuts on their way out.

1 hour ago, wongojack said:

Baylor fan here - definitely pulling for the Bearcats today.  Gotta kick those jokers in the nuts on their way out.

Man, this is shades of last week. Three red zone trips with one field goal, one missed field goal and an INT. The Bearcats are lucky to be down 10-3 when they could be up 13-10.

3 hours ago, wongojack said:

The defense was solid, but the offense couldn't get anything going. The schedule isn't that tough the rest of the way, so hopefully the Bearcats can at least come up with a winning season.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The defense was solid, but the offense couldn't get anything going. The schedule isn't that tough the rest of the way, so hopefully the Bearcats can at least come up with a winning season.

I had to step out, so I didn't get to watch the finish.  This is definitely NOT the OU team from last year.

I need to rest up for all the yelling and crying I will probably be doing during tonight's game.  Baylor has looked REALLY rough.  By the time our two teams play in late October, the season could be completely over.  I'll be watching anyway though (I always do).

Editorials Team · Posted

Nice, just got rolled by an 0-3 team.  The good thing about being exposed early is that you don't have to carry delusions about the postseason or trying to watch a bunch of games or anything.

Not that I watch any games anyways 🤣

Also, a member of the chain gang got hit and killed.  Feel like you're going to see some sort of age limit rule/law coming out of this or something.

13 hours ago, wongojack said:

I had to step out, so I didn't get to watch the finish.  This is definitely NOT the OU team from last year.

I need to rest up for all the yelling and crying I will probably be doing during tonight's game.  Baylor has looked REALLY rough.  By the time our two teams play in late October, the season could be completely over.  I'll be watching anyway though (I always do).

Oklahoma's QB played for UCF for what seems like ten years, so that may have had something to do with the defensive. The red zone offense has been awful the last two games so if they can start getting some touchdowns when they get close to the goal line, they might at least make a bowl game their first season in the Big 12. I think the preseason over/under on wins was 4.5, so they should be able to get that many out of the last eight games.

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Oklahoma's QB played for UCF for what seems like ten years, so that may have had something to do with the defensive. The red zone offense has been awful the last two games so if they can start getting some touchdowns when they get close to the goal line, they might at least make a bowl game their first season in the Big 12. I think the preseason over/under on wins was 4.5, so they should be able to get that many out of the last eight games.

Well, you can probably count Baylor as a win.  We haven't been this bad in a long time.  At least we had a pretty good crowd last night.

Just now, wongojack said:

Well, you can probably count Baylor as a win.  We haven't been this bad in a long time.  At least we had a pretty good crowd last night.

The ESPN matchup projections have the Bearcats favored in every game the rest of the way except against UCF for some reason. I have a feeling the BYU game Friday might be tough with the short week and 10:15 start time.

BYU is the team I was hoping could run the table and beat one of the losers leaving us behind in the championship game, but I'd say Kansas is now the sexy pick to disrupt things.

Oklahoma and Texas haven't played each other in the Big XII champ game in a long time.  I REALLY would like to avoid that scenario, but Baylor can't do anything about that now (after last night).  Let me know if there's anything I can do for the Bearcats - LOL.

1 hour ago, wongojack said:

BYU is the team I was hoping could run the table and beat one of the losers leaving us behind in the championship game, but I'd say Kansas is now the sexy pick to disrupt things.

Oklahoma and Texas haven't played each other in the Big XII champ game in a long time.  I REALLY would like to avoid that scenario, but Baylor can't do anything about that now (after last night).  Let me know if there's anything I can do for the Bearcats - LOL.

Kansas is #24 in the new AP poll. The Bearcats play them here for the final game of the season. Surprisingly enough, the ESPN Matchup Predictor currently gives Cincinnati a 67.1% chance to win.

• Like 1