IGNORED

Tiles

fcgamer

You guys ever stop to smell the roses and ponder the small things in life...such as the beauty in tiles? I went to a museum down south one day, was baptized by the sweat of the sun and arose a new man, a tile man! Thanks Chiayi museum 🙂

So let's take a look first at these tiny tiles. They hang on the wall like nipples on a blossoming woman's breast. Different patterns catch the eye, and the tactile feeling is greater than...well... KFC?

Then we have these virgin mini tiles on the side of a middle school. Who ever knows what they might be thinking, encapsulating the spirit of the students. Ohh my...

Moving on to the medium-sized tiles. I can still appreciate the equality that each side is experiencing, did you guys know that the base of the pyramids were basically a perfect square, despite allegedly lacking the proper technology back then?

Finishing out with a picture of some large-ass tiles. I like asses, do you guys as well?

--

So which of the tiles does everyone prefer? Anyone else have some exciting tile pictures to post? Please post them here. Let's examine architecture together here on VGS. Surely there'se other designers on here besides me.

IMG20230818221340.jpg

IMG20230818221345.jpg

IMG20230818221351.jpg

IMG20230818222506.jpg

IMG20230818222324.jpg

IMG20230818221937.jpg

IMG20230818223347.jpg

IMG20230818221636.jpg

IMG20230818223410.jpg

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

They hang on the wall like nipples on a blossoming woman's breast.

Then we have these virgin mini tiles on the side of a middle school.

Finishing out with a picture of some large-ass tiles. I like asses, do you guys as well?

I think someone here is hungry for something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

He was inching closer to my ignore list but now he has completely reversed direction. I clicked this thread solely because he started it.

It's like an Eldritch Horror. You know it's going to be terrifying, may even drive you insane, but somehow you can't not look.

I love high quality tile work. I have A soft spot for the trowel trades.

However, These are boring ass construction grade 2x2 (cm? Inches?) tiles. Factory made, probably mat-set  

Bro, have you heard of saltillo? Yohen? Grespania?

we talking 3/16” sanded groutlines? Kerdiboard? I prefer a 1/4” square notch for anything netted or >4”x4” 

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

He was inching closer to my ignore list but now he has completely reversed direction. I clicked this thread solely because he started it.

This is like a real, live, and unintentional Dumb and Dumber moment: "just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this..... and totally redeem yourself!"

man oh man oh man...