IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Ski or die

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, fans of dangerous, extreme, snowy sports! It is your week to SHINE!

Get your skies, go to the mountains and do some SICK moves!

Here's the rules for SKI OR DIE, our game of the week:

• Play in Compete Mode (Register your name on the clipboard)
  • You must play Downhill Blitz, Snowboard Half-Pipe, Snowball Blast, and Inner-Tube Thrash
  • Add all four scores together to get your final score
  • Take a picture of all four scores on the High Scores menu
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 8,000
  • GENRE: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 06/25/23 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I have a super clean copy of this uncommon game!

I somehow have a CIB euro version. It has Palcom at the bottom instead of ultra. It was cheap as hell on ebay and I used to rent the game as a kid. Impulse buy at midnight years back

44 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I somehow have a CIB euro version. It has Palcom at the bottom instead of ultra. It was cheap as hell on ebay and I used to rent the game as a kid. Impulse buy at midnight years back

I was going to pick up a CIB of this a few years back for like fifteen bucks and somebody else nabbed it first, so I went into patient-zen-spider mode and waited.  Before long another turned up for fifteen and I nabbed it really fast only to find out it was a PAL and so I returned it..  I'm sure the price now is at least borderline stupid...

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:41 PM, docile tapeworm said:

I have a super clean copy of this uncommon game!

And you listed it in your for sale thread! For a measly 15 bucks during the week we are playing the game. A smack in the face to the game, this contest, the State of Florida, your mother who bought you the game, skiers and intertubers all over the world, richard and the State of Colorado, and all skinny people who play video games

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

And you listed it in your for sale thread! For a measly 15 bucks during the week we are playing the game. A smack in the face to the game, this contest, the State of Florida, your mother who bought you the game, skiers and intertubers all over the world, richard and the State of Colorado, and all skinny people who play video games

First off, it’s hard to smack the state of Florida in the face.

second, I have a beauty copy of the game and Colorado doesn’t give a fuck.

third,…. Do you think I’m skinny ?

27 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

First off, it’s hard to smack the state of Florida in the face.

second, I have a beauty copy of the game and Colorado doesn’t give a fuck.

third,…. Do you think I’m skinny ?

I have always imagined you being of average height and weight. No clue why. Skinny isn't average. He is skin and bone.

As for Colorado, I assume the whole state gets upset when snowskiing gets disrespected. From an outsiders perspective, it seems like that and legal devils lettuce are the biggest drivers of the local economies

As for Florida, yeah. Just yeah. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It’s not sold yet. Simmer down fella. I’ll dust it off and trow her in the avs….no. That’s a lie I’m going out of town.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

It’s not sold yet. Simmer down fella. I’ll dust it off and trow her in the avs….no. That’s a lie I’m going out of town.

Wouldn't you rather have that pretty cart than enough money for a mcdonalds lunch and an ice cream after?

Id criticize you for not playing, but this is my favorite category and I have had the cart in the NES all week. Havent managed to turn it on once, skinny style. Holiday monday screwed me. Trying to fit 5 days worth of shit into 3 and preparing for a big friday hearing at night. Badly need to get my foot up some asses in that thing. Will probably be saturday night before I can get to this. Hopefully I don't passout, skinny style as well

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Wouldn't you rather have that pretty cart than enough money for a mcdonalds lunch and an ice cream after?

Id criticize you for not playing, but this is my favorite category and I have had the cart in the NES all week. Havent managed to turn it on once, skinny style. Holiday monday screwed me. Trying to fit 5 days worth of shit into 3 and preparing for a big friday hearing at night. Badly need to get my foot up some asses in that thing. Will probably be saturday night before I can get to this. Hopefully I don't passout, skinny style as well

I was hoping I'd have a shot at the sports genre championship since I've won Punch Out and Rad Racer contests before, but that third place Ice Hockey finish and my likely participation point this week are going to make it tough.