IGNORED

Mensa

fcgamer

I plan on applying. When I looked into it, you can apply directly through them but you only get one shot at it. If you fail, you can never apply again. Another way is to get a private IQ test done and if it's high enough, you can submit it to them for approval. If it comes back too low, you never have to submit it and you can try again later.

"Today's Mensa test will feature questions in the following categories. Famicom bootlegs. Game collecting in Taiwan. Why US exclusives suck. Sachen, the forgotten publisher. Being contrary. And trolling for fun and profit. Good luck!"

*Dave cracks knuckles*

• Haha 8
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

"Today's Mensa test will feature questions in the following categories. Famicom bootlegs. Game collecting in Taiwan. Why US exclusives suck. Sachen, the forgotten publisher. Being contrary. And trolling for fun and profit. Good luck!"

*Dave cracks knuckles*

..You left out Linguistics.

5 hours ago, Tulpa said:

*Dave cracks knuckles*

Ever see the Cheers episode where Cliff Claven is on Jeopardy and the categories are like "The US postal System" and a bunch of other shit he knows intimately?  This is basically the FCGamer version of that...

• Haha 1

I'm part Doyle. So it is more or less a curse since I have found psychological similarities between me and some of my better known genetic relatives.

With me saying that, from a familial point of view, that I am Sherlock Holmes but could have been a bit more John Watson if I was raised in a better environment. As opposed to being a Mycroft Holmes simply because the immediate family I deal with choose to not understand me. With others using their own egos and desire for self-entitlement to do the same.

Point being is that I waste my intelligence (and money) trying to not act like I am smart enough to try for Mensa. I see psychological patterns better than I see spatial ones. I have tried out numerous grading companies, which includes the ones that get snubbed here, as a means to see what visual/emotional appeasement they have to offer.

Plus  I chose to return to VGS. And that tells me that I either should avoid Mensa or I should admit that I am a masochist. And not just a high-functioning "sociopath" (aka an Aspie). 😉

Edited by FenrirZero
I wink, therefor people think I am human.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Or, if you had a modicum of insight, you would realize that the low result is a definitive sign that you do not belong in Mensa...

I feel like the realization of that conversation is one that could use Kevin Smith's touch.

I mean that I can totally see @OptOut dressed up as Jay, with @fcgamer dressed up as Silent Bob. With you facepalming at it all, and not just me telling a Mensa member "In the realm of video games, the one true "return" is "Matroid II: Return of Samus"!"

While a member of Mensa saying to all of us, "I would like to remind all of you that this is Mensa and NOT Mooby's!"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i'm assuming this is what you mean.

AdoredKnobbyGalago-size_restricted.gif

odoyle-rules-billy-madison-rules.gif

Nope! What I mean is that I have my late Great-Great-Uncle's family research. And thanks to the fact my Multi-Great-Grandfather had 26 sons between two wives, Arthur Conan Doyle is my genetic cousin.

I'm more like that because I am also part-Pickle. On my Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandmother's side. With her mother being a Dickie. 😁

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll mail you a card that says whatever you want for $9.99.

The PENSA option is my best seller.

I'll take a signed card which says "I, [your real name], hereby do grant one Douglas Glover of [my address] full ownership of my house and all entities found within in perpetuity for the cost of $1 USD to be paid in full at the time of my death to a charity of his choosing. [your signature]".

Thanks!

• Haha 4

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

I'll take a signed card which says "I, [your real name], hereby do grant one Douglas Glover of [my address] full ownership of my house and all entities found within in perpetuity for the cost of $1 USD to be paid in full at the time of my death to a charity of his choosing. [your signature]".

Thanks!

Well I'm living forever, smart guy!

That will be $9.99

• Like 1
  • Haha 2