IGNORED

NWC Nintendo World Championship auction at ComicConnect

Link

Summarizing from email I got:
Nicholas Membrez-Weiler was the youngest finalist to reach the world championship, and is now selling his gray cart, #120, graded 6.5 (CGC). There are currently 22 bids standing at an even $40,000, with 2 weeks left in the auction, where some further details of his story are described, including a video. He is also selling his  contestant info sheet (currently a steal at $16 high bid, cool item imo) his 1990 age 11 and under "Tombstone" plaque ($33), and semi-finals cup ($120).  

Other NWC memorabilia on auction here

I have nothing to do with this, just sharing for general interest. 

@ThePhleo

nin28.1_2.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

That VIP sticker slapped on there is dope. 

For me, this could be a text book example where "damage" to an item actually adds to the provenance and subsequent value of an item.  That sticker, and the reason why it's there, elevates the coolness of this specific cart by 1,000x!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

I mean that is how I feel about mom and pop rental store stickers on a regular cart. 🙂

To each there own.  I'm not 100% in your camp but I'm coming around.   I use to remove every sticker that didn't damage a label on the cart.  Now, if it's just on the plastic shell, I'll leave it there.

17 hours ago, Link said:

Summarizing from email I got:
Nicholas Membrez-Weiler was the youngest finalist to reach the world championship, and is now selling his gray cart, #120, graded 6.5 (CGC). There are currently 22 bids standing at an even $40,000, with 2 weeks left in the auction, where some further details of his story are described, including a video. He is also selling his  contestant info sheet (currently a steal at $16 high bid, cool item imo) his 1990 age 11 and under "Tombstone" plaque ($33), and semi-finals cup ($120).  

Other NWC memorabilia on auction here

I have nothing to do with this, just sharing for general interest. 

@ThePhleo

nin28.1_2.jpg

Thanks for the shoutout.

I'm currently high bidder on a couple of the items. I'm in between business stuff right now, so unfortunately this isn't my chance to buy a cart either. Maybe next one. (This is also one I always liked too, that and the infamous "MARIO" cart)

Edit: Oh crap It's at $40k already? When i put my bids in the cart was like $11k!

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Thanks for the shoutout.

I'm currently high bidder on a couple of the items. I'm in between business stuff right now, so unfortunately this isn't my chance to buy a cart either. Maybe next one. (This is also one I always liked too, that and the infamous "MARIO" cart)

Edit: Oh crap It's at $40k already? When i put my bids in the cart was like $11k!

I’d actually prefer the trophy in my game room lol

Thanks for the shoutout.

I'm currently high bidder on a couple of the items. I'm in between business stuff right now, so unfortunately this isn't my chance to buy a cart either. Maybe next one.

I just figured you'd be interested for tracking purposes, regardless of purchasability 🙂

(This is also one I always liked too, that and the infamous "MARIO" cart)

I like the shirt that "contains custom graphic of a trophy designed by Nicholas..." It's a 7 year-old's scribbles.

21 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Whats a tombstone plaque?

"After the finals, Nintendo presented one of these personalized plaques to each finalist. The term “tombstone” was coined by finalist Chris Tang who first noticed the macabre shape. Many finalists recall awkwardly carrying these plaques on the plane."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...