IGNORED

I hate socks 🧦

fcgamer

Editorials Team · Posted
41 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Can’t stand socks or shoes. First thing I do every night is take those restrictive things off.

Very rarely wear them in winter and a lot of time I will go outside without shoes and socks or drive to the shops barefoot. 

Start of summer is always the hardest because you need to adjust to the heat on the pavement but a week or two and I’m all good 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brickman said:

Very rarely wear them in winter and a lot of time I will go outside without shoes and socks or drive to the shops barefoot.

Da fuq?!?  Do you wash your feet when you get home or just track dirt all through your home all day every day?

This is almost as strange as the dudes who said in another thread that they wear shoes all the time, even when lounging around in their own homes...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Da fuq?!?  Do you wash your feet when you get home or just track dirt all through your home all day every day?

This is almost as strange as the dudes who said in another thread that they wear shoes all the time, even when lounging around in their own homes...

Yeah just give them a quick rinse if they're dirty. Beaches have taps to wash your feet before getting in the car and if you're outside in the garden just use your tap to wash your feet before going inside.

Summers get pretty hot here so not many people are going to be wearing shoes and socks unless going to work. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Nothing better than taking a shower before bed, you're not suggesting that you go to bed for the night without showering, do you?

I shower after completing the last thing I do during the day that gets me dirty, whether that’s working, exercising, working in yard etc. 

On 2/16/2023 at 1:48 AM, fcgamer said:

Socks are literally my least favorite article of clothing. They're ugly, stink, etc. 

Anyone else here despise socks like I do?

Okay.... but do you hate the FUNCTION of socks? 

Like.... others have asked, but I didn't really see an answer.... because you hate socks, are you not wearing them? 

Because you could easily solve your problems with the following:  1) don't buy ugly socks and 2) wash them.

Regarding wearing socks.... If it's summer and I'm hot I HATE socks. If it's winter and I'm cold I LOVE socks. See what I'm saying? 

It's all situational. If it's a smoking hot summer day and I'm out walking on the beach, wearing socks would be my nightmare.

If it's a cold snowy winter day and I'm out walking in snow.... better believe I'm going to have some warm socks on!

Also, you can't buy white socks. This can not be understated enough. They look like garbage after about 4 uses and most times they're the shitty ones. Go get yourself some decent packs of socks from Sport Chek or Winners, you won't regret it. 

Unless you just physically hate wearing socks. In which case.... god speed. 

• Agree 1

this is crazy to me, because i love wearing socks. There is literally no better feeling than putting on a fresh, brand new pair of socks. 

i found some that are... i don't know the word. They're like compression socks, but they aren't actually that. form fitting, constricts in the right places, don't move around on my feet, etc. they're the first thing i put on, and the last thing i take off. i even sometimes wear them to bed (usually in the winter. my wife thinks i'm weird for it). 

It's 18F / -7.something C right now here, socks are vital. I have wool for this time of year, or regular thick crew socks and some warm slippers inside. Shorter socks means cold ankles for tall me.

For the summer it's mostly flipflops/slides sockless. If I'm shoe'in I want a breathable pair with lightweight, no show to ankle socks I am all about footcare though, and season certainly plays to what is comfortable. Summertime socks and shoes are a burden unless you have a lot of walking.

Homebrew Team · Posted

Do you hate socks always or just not when wearing shoes?  I don't mind socks, however wearing closed toe shoes without socks yuck.  I generally am only wearing socks with shoes or if it is winter. 

Also wearing shoes in your home, is not something I can understand.

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

Summertime socks and shoes are a burden unless you have a lot of walking.

Perhaps this sums up the situation, as even now its in the mid 50s or 60s here at the coolest. No need for socks, and with the hot days and sweat pouring off of you, it just makes things miserable.

Then to contrast, if it's a situation where the weather starts pissing it down terribly, your shoes get soaked, your socks get soaked, and that's just such an awful feeling especially if you're out and about and can't "do something" about it in the then and there.

Unless it's winter time in a region where it is freezing cold, I just don't see the point of socks at all, unless one is wearing them with shoes as part of doing sport or something like that. 

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Nothing better than taking a shower before bed, you're not suggesting that you go to bed for the night without showering, do you?

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

They would be referred to as Americans.

That is the way alright, clean up before bed so you don't trust the nastiness of the environment and every other persons nasty habits back to your sheets.  And no I don't wear shoes in the house, I take the Japanese approach, barefoot, socks, or indoor traditional sandals(which I got a pair of last year, comfy.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Perhaps this sums up the situation, as even now its in the mid 50s or 60s here at the coolest. No need for socks, and with the hot days and sweat pouring off of you, it just makes things miserable.

Then to contrast, if it's a situation where the weather starts pissing it down terribly, your shoes get soaked, your socks get soaked, and that's just such an awful feeling especially if you're out and about and can't "do something" about it in the then and there.

Unless it's winter time in a region where it is freezing cold, I just don't see the point of socks at all, unless one is wearing them with shoes as part of doing sport or something like that. 

Yep exactly! I think it must be a regional thing. Most of these guys don’t even know what the sun is 😆 If they came to Australia or Asia I think their views on socks would change pretty quickly. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Brickman said:

Yep exactly! I think it must be a regional thing. Most of these guys don’t even know what the sun is 😆 If they came to Australia or Asia I think their views on socks would change pretty quickly. 

It’s the same thing though if you lived in Wisconsin or Norway, or Canada, you would probably be wearing socks 90% of the time. 

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Brickman said:

I took the boys skiing 2 weeks ago, and it was -25.

Not wind chill.  That was the actual temperature 😆

18 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I took the boys skiing 2 weeks ago, and it was -25.

Not wind chill.  That was the actual temperature 😆

Perfect barefoot weather! 😂

Yeah if I was in that type of weather I’d be wearing socks most days too. It gets cold where I live in winter but the lowest is normally around 1 or 2 degrees celcius.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

Is that a concerning number for you?

When you're outside for prolonged periods of time, and also climbing higher up a mountain, and then travelling back down it at high speeds, it does get a bit concerning and painful.

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Perfect barefoot weather! 😂

Yeah if I was in that type of weather I’d be wearing socks most days too. It gets cold where I live in winter but the lowest is normally around 1 or 2 degrees celcius.

This was fahrenheit 😂 😭

14 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

This was fahrenheit 😂 😭

Anyone else besides me know both Celsius and Fahrenheit, yet as independent entities? (I.e. I know what a 26c feels like, as well as a 40f, yet I don't know [or care] what each equates to in the other system).