IGNORED

Featured Member February 2023: G-Type

Reed Rothchild

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, you may notice the decidedly PG-13 nature of this one, which is highly unusual.  Let's just say when your kid is a member of the site... 😄

@North took exception to me saying my kids weren’t that into retro games and told me that he’s currently playing through Earthbound.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, G-type said:

@North took exception to me saying my kids weren’t that into retro games and told me that he’s currently playing through Earthbound.

earthbound is a great game!  Tell @North he has great taste in retro games 😉  That is literally one of my favorite games, and if it wasn't for @spacepup I wouldn't have a copy of it legit!!!!!!!  He hooked me up with a copy when i helped him out with something!  Love you @spacepup!!!!!!!!!  Legit you are one of, if not the coolest dudes besides @G-type and @OptOut on vgs!!!!!!!!!  I appreciate the cart, and will cherish it till the day i die!

Edited by Jeevan
  • Love 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Shit, @G-type , I forgot to ask you about the Stormlight Archive (The Way of Kings).  I just started it yesterday!  Or Gardens of the Moon!

Alas

You’re in for a treat! The Stormlight Archives series is fantastic. I’ve read the first three books and the first novella. I want to read the fourth book, but it’s been a while. Not sure if I remember everything well enough or if I should reread from the start.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

You only made it to the final dungeon in Legend of Zelda? You haven’t even found out if you have a rare purple ganon variant!!

I didn't quit that one by choice. The save game file on my cartridge erased itself, and I was too annoyed to start over. Its been enough time, that wound has healed and I could probably give it another crack. I do want to find out if I have the purple ganon  variant.

Edited by G-type
  • Haha 2

@G-type Woodbridge is one of those places I've known about since a young age from the Traffic on the 8s on WTOP 😁That and silently fuming at that whole I-95 corridor there on the few occasions I need to drive through there anymore. What's it like living there, other than having a nice sushi place, a Smegmas supermarket, and Potomac Mills, which Marylanders also avoid like the plague? Since you work for VDOE, I guess at least you don't commute into DC, an absolute Sisyphean goatse of a drive that anyone not from this area or Atlanta or LA cannot understand.

I've been lucky that I don't have to fight that traffic too often. My offices were at George Mason University, and since Covid, we switched to virtual work and never went back. It's still pretty horrendous, the times that I do need to drive to DC, the same commute can vary from 40 minutes to 2 hours, depending on time of day and traffic conditions. I live on the Rt. 1 corridor which runs parallel to the 95 corridor. It's been in a state of perpetual road construction for the past 15 years, because they thought it would be better to expand Rt. 1 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes instead of improving public mass transit.  Aside from that I like living this area. Tons of food, shopping options and events happening all the time. I'm 25 minutes from Magfest.

The DMV really is a very different from any of the surrounding areas... that's how Virginia map can be 98% red on election night, and then Fairfax county, Woodbridge, or Loudon results come in and flip the whole state blue. So many people who work in D.C. live in the surrounding suburbs of Virginia and Maryland.

While I'm on the topic, this is as good a place as any to add my 2 cents on this debate: D.C. needs to be granted statehood. Republicans often try to reframe their unpopular social policies  as state's rights issues. This is predicated on the belief that each locality should have the freedom to govern themselves according to the values of their own population. I would like to see them apply this same logic to the life-long residents of D.C. who are subjected to the whims of the revolving door of congressional tourists who get to impose laws upon them, purely on the basis that they get to have an office there for a couple years. Its insane that an out-of-state congress person votes on their city's local budget. Not only that, but they routinely impose their own personal political agendas like expanding private and religious school voucher programs, challenging DC’s marijuana laws, or threatening to repeal DC marriage equality laws.

They force D.C.'s pseudo-Senators to sit on their hands whenever a vote is called, even though they have a larger population than Vermont or Wyoming and they pay more in federal taxes than 22 of the states. This is why their license plate has the slogan from the American revolution: "No taxation without representation".

Edited by G-type
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned