IGNORED

Featured Member December 2022: a3quit4s

Reed Rothchild

Thank you for the fun conversation @Reed Rothchild! Enjoy reading Vonnegut, I’d love to wipe my memory and read every single one like it was the first time. Although, every time I read them I'm somewhat older and learn something new from them or even take away something different that Kurt was trying to tell the reader. Breakfast of champions though when he talks about how this is a bad book he is writing while talking to himself and he writes that he’s worried he will kill himself the way his mother did. Gets me every time. This and a farewell to arms are two examples of a book really hitting you hard for me. Oh and the Grapes of Wrath. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Thank you for the fun conversation @Reed Rothchild! Enjoy reading Vonnegut, I’d love to wipe my memory and read every single one like it was the first time. Although, every time I read them I'm somewhat older and learn something new from them or even take away something different that Kurt was trying to tell the reader. Breakfast of champions though when he talks about how this is a bad book he is writing while talking to himself and he writes that he’s worried he will kill himself the way his mother did. Gets me every time. This and a farewell to arms are two examples of a book really hitting you hard for me. Oh and the Grapes of Wrath. 

This was a really fun read! Great job!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

What are you talking about? I clicked inside the red circle in your reply, but it just opened the image in a separate tab... 😕

That's not how that works lol. It's a screenshot ya dope!

But that's ok, seeing as everyone is apparently tech illiterate and I'm a nice guy, here's a plain text link you can write on a letter and mail to your local MP for review:

https://www.videogamesage.com/blogs/entry/859-december-2022-featured-member-a3quit4s/

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's not how that works lol. It's a screenshot ya dope!

I clicked on the link provided and all I saw was the head of the page and the title. 😑

Unless I'm supposed to, I dunno, SCROLL DOWN the page or something, I don't know how you are expecting me to read any questions and answers here.

I mean, what are we meant to assume, that somehow the average super genius such as @Code Monkeyor I would be able to figure out how to navigate such arcane web design?

If WE'RE having trouble with it, one truly wonders how the rest of you slovenly slackjaws are able to get by! 🧐

• Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
22 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I clicked on the link provided and all I saw was the head of the page and the title. 😑

Unless I'm supposed to, I dunno, SCROLL DOWN the page or something, I don't know how you are expecting me to read any questions and answers here.

I mean, what are we meant to assume, that somehow the average super genius such as @Code Monkeyor I would be able to figure out how to navigate such arcane web design?

If WE'RE having trouble with it, one truly wonders how the rest of you slovenly slackjaws are able to get by! 🧐

Thanks for the feedback, I added a new feature to address this.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was unpinned
Administrator · Posted

@Code Monkey

Since I'm not 100% sure whether you are joking, or you are serious as you might have a touch screen - here is the genuine answer:

Click somewhere in the highlighted green, as indicated below.

Alternatively, any time Reed has done an interview, he posts them in his blog, which you can access here:
https://www.videogamesage.com/blogs/blog/15-reeds-things/
(Clicking on the image directly above "From the blog "Reed's things" also takes you directly to his blog)

vgslink.png

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

For anyone making fun of me, it actually doesn't work. How do I interact with the link?

1) Have you ensured that you're actually using a touchscreen?

2) Hilariously, you're tapping on literally the ONE part of the thing that isn't a link.

Tap/click on the image, or the title of the thread, or the "17 comments", or the little arrow in the top-right.

To be clear, I'm poking fun but I'm 100% here to help. We'll get you on that link yet!

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The red circle is misleading to include the text. Thanks for the help, I got it.

You tried clicking the text, it failed, and then instead of thinking "maybe somewhere else inside the big red circle is clickable", you proceeded to keep clicking the provably non-clickable text.

troll whats GIF

😛

• Haha 1