IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You opened a sealed NES console?

No seal on nes consoles, No I didnt open it, the person that sold it to me lifted the poly to display that everything was untouched and made the photo, he placed it back on and closed it, didnt touch any insides. Now I have it here, its pretty good for the most part, Im never going to open it.

1 hour ago, davetheshrew said:

No seal on nes consoles, No I didnt open it, the person that sold it to me lifted the poly to display that everything was untouched and made the photo, he placed it back on and closed it, didnt touch any insides. Now I have it here, its pretty good for the most part, Im never going to open it.

There's an easy way to tell if a box has been opened or not, whether you disturbed the internals or not. You just lost 80% of the value by opening it to look inside.

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

There's an easy way to tell if a box has been opened or not, whether you disturbed the internals or not. You just lost 80% of the value by opening it to look inside.

' You just'? , If you read what I said you will find I did nothing but receive and take care of the console. Soon as it arrived it went straight into a box protector.

The way I see it what was done to this console and what happened here (oof)  is a big difference, no items were touched, moved or breathed on, however its subjective and I agree its opened, but I personally still consider it 'new'. Also, on a lesser note, If I sent any new nes console to one of the big three graders, to my albeit limited knowledge they open it and grade the inside also, Ive seen a couple of reports before, they grade the box and internals and they are CiB not 'sealed'. I could be wrong and totally hold my hands up if thats the case but Ive definitely seen grading reports showing this.

Edited by davetheshrew
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, davetheshrew said:

' You just'? , If you read what I said you will find I did nothing but receive and take care of the console. Soon as it arrived it went straight into a box protector.

The way I see it what was done to this console and what happened here (oof)  is a big difference, no items were touched, moved or breathed on, however its subjective and I agree its opened, but I personally still consider it 'new'. Also, on a lesser note, If I sent any new nes console to one of the big three graders, to my albeit limited knowledge they open it and grade the inside also, Ive seen a couple of reports before, they grade the box and internals and they are CiB not 'sealed'. I could be wrong and totally hold my hands up if thats the case but Ive definitely seen grading reports showing this.

For qualified VGA grades, yes. And CIB WATA, of course, though they don't grade consoles yet. And for the former they have to be verified unplayed/unused. 

13 hours ago, davetheshrew said:

You mentioned the box was opened for the first time for the photo you posted so you made it sound like you opened it to take the photo. So that means the person that bought it off you ruined tens of thousands of dollars by opening it to simply show you it had never been opened. That's kind of odd.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You mentioned the box was opened for the first time for the photo you posted so you made it sound like you opened it to take the photo. So that means the person that bought it off you ruined tens of thousands of dollars by opening it to simply show you it had never been opened. That's kind of odd.

Can you go back and read his post please? He clearly states that he is the one who bought it and the seller opened it to take a picture. Seems like you’re unnecessarily shitting on the guy for sharing a piece of his collection he’s excited about. Granted your comment about being able to know if it has been opened or not is valuable knowledge, you said it in a backhanded way and didn’t even tell him how you can know if it’s been opened..

@davetheshrewif you look at the back of the opening flaps on the box, you’ll be able to tell if it’s been opened if there’s a crease in the cardboard from it being bent back. You’ll most likely be able to compare the opened & unopened sides and see the difference. 

Edited by retro.magnus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, retro.magnus said:

Can you go back and read his post please? He clearly states that he is the one who bought it and the seller opened it to take a picture. Seems like you’re unnecessarily shitting on the guy for sharing a piece of his collection he’s excited about. Granted your comment about being able to know if it has been opened or not is valuable knowledge, you said it in a backhanded way and didn’t even tell him how you can know if it’s been opened..

@davetheshrewif you look at the back of the opening flaps on the box, you’ll be able to tell if it’s been opened if there’s a crease in the cardboard from it being bent back. You’ll most likely be able to compare the opened & unopened sides and see the difference. 

thanks, dont worry mate Im, getting shat on because its PAL even haha, I think its great, find of a lifetime imo..

I also made this just for that guy, hope he doesnt have a heart attack! 

value...isnt...everything.

Edited by davetheshrew
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, retro.magnus said:

Don't worry dude, neither reading comprehension nor social awareness are keen skills for our friend @Code Monkey😆

@davetheshrew Epic find, brother! You got a REAL beaut there, well done! 🤩😊

• Eyeroll 1